Xb2002

Buckmaster

My buddy just bought his 1st ally 2002 280 and I own a o3 280 mind doesn't do this but his is very bad I need a answer please ........when he goes to plain it is literly tipping over to the left side very very bad and no the boat is emty no weight to make it pull give us a little help on why it's doing this thanks buckmaster

K.Kiser

How deep is the motor, and has there been any bottom repairs done..? If that checks out, then give a search for hidden mexican lo-rider hydraulics and chrome women stickers on the cowl..

Last edited:

DragAlly02

Got to watch them hydro switches :LMAO: what kiser said is the motor buried? Also my findings is xb2002 like to be trimmed to run good" also my old xb2002 chads202 boat now,did not start running good untile about 85 mph , my gues is the motor is to low or the boat isn't balanced 2002 are quite a bit different than xb2003 , a few pounds more on one side will be noticed

Mike

jimbob88

Slomofo- is there any way to check if your trim pump is getting weak, slower? Are there quicker ones without going to a 24 volt system? & would want it to bolt right up like original. Thanks

john w

don't be to scared to TRIM UP. That boat is set up perfectly, 1/4 below the pad and a brand new Ally driver. When i took Tim for a ride it did not fall or pull to the left at all. Its called being being a rookie driver and not having the balls to trim up to get the boat to set on the pad.

It will come it just takes time. I promise !!!!

Buckmaster

I will Give him the intel I had the same thoughts as you rookie driver and alotta boat

DragAlly02

So this is John W past boat ? So is it still side steer?:confused cause side steer would be an animal to drive for most anyone" a rookie would be very frustrating

Mike

h2oskiier30

So this is John W past boat ? So is it still side steer?:confused cause side steer would be an animal to drive for most anyone" a rookie would be very frustrating

Mike

True, but if you learn to drive an ally in a side steer...you're fhat much farther ahead of the game.

DragAlly02

I guess if you can learn to run a side steer xb02 hunerd plus you my friend are a stud !!! Good luck with it Be safe

Mike

SLOmofo

Slomofo- is there any way to check if your trim pump is getting weak, slower? Are there quicker ones without going to a 24 volt system? & would want it to bolt right up like original. Thanks
There are others here with more knowledge than I. As to "slow", it would be best to compare with an Apples to Apples side by side.
I would expect as others have said It's something to be learned and mastered through time.
My rig is a different animal all together. OMC 450 hp, trim started as a stock clamp and evolved to what it is today. $ and a few failures. From 3 1/2 seconds to less than a second. Trimmed under to normal running set, controlled by the engines ECU and a limit switch setup. What I had to do at the WAR, is start just slightly trimmed under, thats why it shot to the moon and still lay-ed over on it's side. The first is at about 33 seconds, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etxIdX8IabQ I think you'll be able to pick the correct one out :shock:
Time and experience.
It's part of having an Allison!

john w

Mike, drove the chit out this boat about a month ago, 28 drag 4 prop at 7600 rpms's with 3 aboard. Can you say? trim up button, holy chit !!!! It got my attention that day.

DragAlly02

Thats fantastic Good driving !! Does the new guy have the 4 blade on it ? 4 blade mazco is what I learned with 4 blades drive awesome

Mike

john w

I had a 26 small ear chopper on it when i sold it. That prop also ran great. He just has to get used to the boat. He also has a 20xd with 300 on it now, but we all know they are not the same hull. In a couple of weeks, this will all be behind him .

I don't think a side steer will be any harder to drive than a center steer,

Buckmaster

He is droping the boat to me fri here in Richmond Va and I'm goin to take it to lee Sanderson we are going to get a sport console and a couple other things to make it the way tim wants it and we are goin to let lee prop it out

john w

Hey Buckmaster,

How is Timmy doing driving the animal a month and half later.