xtb-21 vs xb2003

ally2dextreme

ill say yes...without the nice consel the 21 would not be pushed down at very high speeds

ally2dextreme

the 21 had a few records t 109 and i think 111but that was years ago with probaly around 250 hp

John S

I don't think there's many 111mph Prosports either. That's cooking for sitting by one rubrail looking over at the other one. :gasp
My first ally was a xtb, and I can only imagine what 111 would feel like in that thing....of course, I spent some time clinging to one rubrail, looking up, then down, then up at the other rubrail.lol Without actual factual data, this thread is bound to circle the "You suck and so does your mama" drain....

Joshua

At 100+ in an xtb, you may be blown right out of the seat

Now that would be interesting to see. :help

Make note: install seat belts in xtb :big grin:big grin:big grin

Ronnie

I guess what i meant to ask is everything being equal,engine,same weight in fishing gear, driver weight.

FFWD

Back in the 80s during the NOA record runs in Knoxville, I helped set up a XTB-21 for a friend. It had a 2.4Mod VP Mariner with only a few minor tweeks. His goal was to run 100mph just like he went fishing(trolling motor, 2 batteries, rods, and tackle.) The closest we ever got was 99.8. I'm sure if we took off the TM it would have broke 100. I do remember someone there that year in a XTB-21 that ran around 110mph. These were timed runs through the clocks not a spike on a GPS or radar. Given that these speeds were done with 2.4s and knowing how much more HP is available today the XTB-21 with current power would be the ultimate sleeper. Imagine the looks on their faces as a 20 year old boat blew past them on the water.

John S

At 100+ in an xtb, you may be blown right out of the seat

Now that would be interesting to see. :help

Make note: install seat belts in xtb :big grin:big grin:big grin
With a seatbelt, for the passenger anyways, we would have to go into the seat bucketing conversation. It would be good video to see someone skipping the water strapped to a seat anyways.lol

John S

Impossible to do. I'd rather you run the 'discussion' as just, the fastest. Best number, heard, seen, or even done. HP is whatever it is. No seriously only real numbers, of course.
Ive got a buddy........I heard........is where this is going. They both can fly with the right pilot. Seen them both on the lip in the HP mecca south of St. Cloud (that should start somethin)

John S

OK, I'll bite. What's the fastest xtb21 anyone heared of?

( It's winter here, why not? )
Is all that you wanted? I heard mine was the fastest....on my lake anyways. Crap, that aint true either, Cambells kids buddy waxed me in his. So that means mine was the 2nd fastest.lol

Joshua

I happen to have a 93 xtb 21 all I need is someone to donate a bad mofo motor and I'd be happy to put it on and see what I can get it to do. Thats right up to the point that it hooks or I get sucked out my seat.:LMAO::LMAO:

Either way I'll probally end up in the drink:help :big grin