Your First Allison Experience?????????

zatchmo

Wow, some of you guys have some really great stories. Mine is really simple.

I bought my first high performance boat 2 years ago. I wanted something that was fast, but still had some room in it. The only boats I knew about at that time were Hydrostreams. There's about 10 of them that terrorize the river around here, most of them run in the mid 80s. After riding in my buddy's all year, I had to have one. I found a 91 Voyager XT with a 99 225 pro max on it, so I sent a buddy out to pick it up. I bought it late summer, so I only got to use it for a couple of months before storing it for the winter.

I've always been a walleye fisherman at heart, but I just can't stand to drive a 9' deep bathtub that goes 45mph with a 200hp motor on it. After reading a few stories about Allisons, I knew that's what I needed to buy. I sold my hydrostream in the spring and waited all summer to find the one I wanted. I finally found my white w/ red 99 XB2003 in South Carolina. A week later I found a smoking good deal on a 280, so I now have WAY more boat than I really know what to do with. I had never even ridden in one, let alone driven one until I took mine for its maiden voyage. I still have a few issues, but the kinks are getting worked out. The boat runs upper 90s every time out now, I can't imagine what it's going to do when it runs correctly.

smokin357

Back in 1973 while stationed at Fort Bragg and a member of Fayetteville Bassmasters I had my first experience with an Allison. During the first tournament of the year 2 members showed up with 15 1/2 Allison Craft with a 135 Evinrude on the back. At first look, I was not impressed until we got on the water for our first tournament of the year. I had a 15 ft Ebbtide with a 50 Merc on the back and was fairly completive with the other club boats until now. But when the flag dropped for the blast off, these two guys took off and left the rest of the club still sitting in the water with our mouth open. Two months later I had one with a 135 on the back. No matter were we went with those boats they certainly attracted attention. In 1974 I caught a set of orders sending me to Korea. I towed that boat back to Seattle and put it in storage for two years. The guys at the Marina were not impressed with the boat. The basic comment was "What the hell is a bass boat and who ever heard of Allison Craft" . :sad When I returned and took the boat out of storage, I took these guys for a ride on Lake Washington and they did find out what an Allison was. :laughing But most of the folks out that way just could not understand the design of that boat. The question was how can you go Salmon fishing in that thing. They learned a few years later when the Bassmasters trail became a big thing. While stationed at Fort Lee in 1976 I joined a bass club and was one of the original members starting Military Bass . It surprised me that there as not any other Allison's in the area, but most guys knew about them. :shock: Since that time I have owned a number of these bass boats, plus an XR 2001 and an SS 2000. It has been on hell of a ride. I now live full time in an RV and do not have a boat anymore. But if I ever went back to a stick house, I would consider getting another. :big grin

amosXB03

Lots of good stories, I enjoyed this post. I have owned quite a few boats starting with a Venture with an ole Johnson 150 GT at 19 years old...thought it was fast, and it actually was a pretty quick boat, sure caught a lot of fish out of her, my buddy owned a stratos with the Evinrude we had a lot of huge times on long weekends, with these boats...anyway jumping a head.....

I saw an red allison must have been an XB2002 at the lake gassing up one morning, looked like it would do a hudndred sitting still...I still remember the boat.

Anyway in 2003 I had Triad build me a custom STV Euro, what a boat with the 280, a blast to drive, good looking and a real head turner, had a stereo that would rival most cars...easy 100+......but I couldn't fish, pull the kids around the lake,etc....so I started looking found the Allison XB2003, the seating was similiar to the STV and the performance numbers were impressive too, decided I had to get one. I did take a local test drive in one and liked the way it drove. After a short time I came across Paul Holmes boat for sale, I basically called him, we met and I wrote him a check!

I have had the XB2003 for 5 years now, and I STILL LOVE HER. My daughter also loves the boat too include driving it as much as possible. She is getting pretty good with it and actually wanted to drag it at the scream and fly rally a few years ago....mom would have been pissed.

Fishforcash

My first experience was a passenger @Pickwick in 06 in a XB21/250XS. I was really diggin the ride and the way the big ole barge handled and all the sudden the driver said "Oh chit, hold on" and around we went. I was really impressed with how I just laid my arm on the side of the boat and the seats just held me in place. DIDNT GET ONE DROP OF WATER ON ME. The driver was very embarassed and apologized many times but I kept telling him it was perfectly OK. I was so impressed that I didnt go out, I have hooked boats before and always was launched.

Second experience was in a XB2003/225X @Pickwick (Neal's boat). I got to drive it and was hating ever moment of the drive. The driver could run it well over 90 with ease and I couldnt even make it go 65:embarassed

Later the same day I got to drive another XB2003/260 (Chad202's boat). He walked me through it and amazingly I was running upper 70s with ease. I might have been going faster but I was concentrating so hard I never even looked at a gauge.

Bound and determaned I wasnt going to let such a cool boat beat me... I bought MHAs XB2003/225PM and within 20 minutes I was running 92 but the first 15 minutes in I was on the phone about to beg him to take it back. He gave me a balance lesson, a driving lesson the phone and the rest is history. I absolutly love to drive em and just about anything else is BORING. Sold it to Hirk and it now lives in Canada.

Bought me a XTB 21 and fixin' it up to run/fish again. I love the floorplan on this boat. It just works for me.

GotMyAlly

Second experience was in a XB2003/225X @Pickwick (Neal's boat). I got to drive it and was hating ever moment of the drive. The driver could run it well over 90 with ease and I couldnt even make it go 65:embarassed

Later the same day I got to drive another XB2003/260 (Chad202's boat). He walked me through it and amazingly I was running upper 70s with ease. I might have been going faster but I was concentrating so hard I never even looked at a gauge.

I think I've still got a video of that somewhere :big grin

Alli-drenaline Rush

I have had the XB2003 for 5 years now, and I STILL LOVE HER. My daughter also loves the boat too include driving it as much as possible. She is getting pretty good with it and actually wanted to drag it at the scream and fly rally a few years ago....mom would have been pissed.

Yeah and you woulda been pissed if she was allowed to drag and one of yer buddies called out that she can race that boat better than her old man can!!!!!! :gasp:LMAO::gasp:LMAO: