Search results

1. Kmack

Can you help?

I was checking under the cowl of my recently acquired 2004 200XS on my XTB. I noticed this near the #6 spark plug: It was loose inside and I was unable to locate any place that looked like it was to accept the plug. Motor was recently serviced by Reynolds Racing and I am not much of a...
  2. Kmack

1988 XTB21 Crappie Special

I kept reading the question "Can you really fish out of an Allison?" so I decided that instead of buying a new Multi Species boat for retirement, I would put together my own interpretation of the best "Multi-Species boat ever built. With a lot of help from this forum and Crappie.com I think I...
  3. Kmack

Lifting 2004 200xs

Does the lift eye fit over the flywheel nut? Or will I need some type of adapter?
  4. Kmack

Oklahoma Rally

FYI, There is a request on the Allison Ultra High Performance Boats page on Facebook looking for a headcount of folks who would be interested in an Allison Rally to be held somewhere in Oklahoma. If you would be interested you might add your name to the list.
  5. Kmack

SMP Single Axle Trailer (original XTB21) for sale or trade

I had a blowout and the tire exited trailer damaging the left fender. Boat and trailer had to be towed so I had them towed to Diamond City Trailer in Murfreesboro Arkansas and am having a new aluminum tandem axle built. Trailer has surface rust and damage as pictured but frame is solid and...
  6. Kmack

May be needing some help...

I was hauling my newly restored XTB21 home from it's maiden trip to the lake (Table Rock Lake Mo.) and had a blowout and wheel/tire separation from trailer which caused the trailer to be inoperable. Flatbed truck towed me to the nearest Marine dealer (a Bass Cat dealer) who allowed me to set...
  7. Kmack

Officially a completed Restoration now...

Successful weekend at the lake. Everything worked and no catastrophies... worked and no major catastrophies.
  8. Kmack

Trailer for XTB21

I am nearly finished with the restoration of my '88 XTB21 and am trying to figure out what to do about the trailer. I have the original which has some fender damage and rust but overall is probably salvageable. I have estimates for sandblast, repair and paint in the$2000 to $3000 range. I would...
  9. Kmack

WTB: For XTB21 restoration w/ 200 XS:

Looking for gauges, steering wheel, shifter, ignition switch, plus other miscellaneous items. Let me know what you have.
  10. Kmack

Gauges, Steering, Jackplates, ETC - XTB21

Thanks to Bassman33 it looks like I will be mounting a 2004 200XS on my 88 XTB21. That means I will be removing the Suzuki rigging and replacing with new. I am thinking gauges, steering, shift/control box for sure and possibly jack plate, hydraulic (steering only and/or both). Considering...
  11. Kmack

3.0l and SHO owner impressions...

I have started putting my XTB 21 back together and I still can't decide between old lightweight power and new heavyweight (505 lb ) options. Lots of folks have suggested going with the newer heavier models but I would really like to the impressions of those who have run both the 2.5l and the...
  12. Kmack

Terrova - MKA 32 mount bracket - XTB21

Has anyone used this quick release mount on an XTB? Any known issues? Thanks for the input.
  13. Kmack

Which new production 2-stroke?

I am still narrowing my choices for new power for my 88 XTB21 restoration. I have decided to narrow my search to 175 - 225 HP, 2 stroke, with the latest/best technology available and weight under 450 lbs. I know my options are pretty much limited to Evinrude or Mercury but I can't decide...
  14. Kmack

XTB owners question

Has anyone run a Minn Kota Terrova 55 on an XTB21? For several reasons I am considering this motor with I-Pilot link for my restoration. My other XTB had a 48# OMC 24V which was plenty at the time. Just curious about the 12V motors' capability. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
  15. Kmack

XTB21 Seat Questions

Was talking to Bill at Allison today about ordering new seats for my '88 XTB project boat. Bill asked if I wanted the low bucket as was standard on that boat or the new style bucket for $20 more. Can someone explain the differences? I am also planning to buy 3 of the fold down fishing seats...
  16. Kmack

Power Dilemma - Seeking advice

I recently picked up two boats which had somewhat been abandoned by their owners. I have $3500 in the pair. First is an '88 XTB 21 with an 87 Suzuki DT200 (may be seen in the restorations forum). Second is an '88 Ranger 363v with an '87 Mercury 175 BM. The Merc on the Ranger has just had the...
  17. Kmack

New Member- New Project '88 XTB 21

Here are some pics from today as I picked up boat and some after I got it home. List of work identified so far: New seats New Carpet New Decals Repair, sandblast, paint trailer Remove TM foot pedal tray and re-build deck to original. Fix dings, cracks, etc. Hope pictures show up
  18. Kmack

Greetings To All

Just bought my 2nd 21 XTB after a 20 year hiatus for work, kids, college, etc. Have owned Rangers, Triton, Allison in younger days but only wished I never sold the Ally. Prices have gone up so much since I bought the first one new in '91-'92 timeframe that I had about given up on ever having...