Search results

1. J

Don Brackeen call JSRE

Don, Please call JSRE your parts are ready and we don't have a contact number for you. Thanks, Cathy @ JSRE
  2. J

Scott Jordan does it again

Congradulations to Scott Jordan for not only winning the DSRA High Points Championship but also the 2012 DSRA World OUTLAW CLASS today in the final race of the DSRA season... GREAT JOB SCOTT, Jay
  3. J

BIGGEST set of BALLS AWARD

Goes to Outlaw Class Boat driver Scott Jordon, Went through a field of Outlaw Boats in Mt. Pleasant this week end on Saturday with NO SKEG and finished second. Thats correct your reading this right NO SKEG, broke 100 feet in the FIRST pass. Most can imagine , driving a bass boat back to...
  4. J

Long reach plugs and false compression readings

Just got through rebuild and moding a 225X motor today, shipping it this week, we machined heads to clean up damaged and replace OEM O rings ( looked as good as factory by the way , both water and compression side !!! ) Did compression tests and all with in 1-2 lbs, tally was a litle lower than...
  5. J

OUTLAW Class in GP MS

Great job by Scott Jordan going undefeted in a tuff field in Outlaw Class in Gulf Port this weekend in the CF Alley.. Jay
  6. J

Bad advise

Bad advise! Just tore down a 2005 280 with 80 hours showing on the DDT and to my amazment the bores were cut to pieces above the exhaust port. The top rings were stripped of all the TiN coating and the ring edge was sharp enough to shave.. I quized the owner what type/brand of oil he was...
  7. J

TDR and JSRE offer NEW reeds at LOW PRICES

TDR ( Tony Doukas Reeds ) and JSRE are announcing new discounted pricing for all the forum boaters on the TDR Racing 2 cycle reed valves. You get the expertiese of the master of the 2 cycle reed valve since 1973 Tony Doukas , these reeds are cut in house and can be custom tailored to your needs...
  8. J

Yeti ice chests

Who OWNS one? and are they worth tyhe extra money? Jay
  9. J

MY take on crank case compression increases

MY TAKE of crankcase compression advantages 7:10 AM 11/25/2011 Reply Edit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To clairify a question it is not that you have too much air induction its refers to the speed of that COMPRESSED fuel...
  10. J

DANGER Will Robinson

DANGER Will Robinson A heads up for those who ship blocks. Had a customer ship a 260 block with crank ( fishing motor crank ???) installed in block and shipped in a cardboard box wrapped in shrink wrap and hi tec bubble support wrap. He shipped UPS and when the boxes got here the block...
  11. J

New JSRE "0" ringed head service

New jsre o ring head service I'm finally glad to announce that JSRE has the ability to cut , repair and or modify ( lower CC and or repair back to stock CC ) the stock Most popular Mercury O ringed heads. This service is a MIRROR of the stock O ring configuration with compression as...
  12. J

Scott Jordan CF Ally

Scott Jordan driving CF Ally A little birdy told me that Scott Jordan opened some eyes today making several "on a string passes" in unlimited outboard today in his C.F. Allison at Mt. Pleasant ... GREAT DRIVING JOB SCOTT for first time out in the boat in unlimited class on alky...
  13. J

Helpfull info about 280's

Helpfull information about Top Pinned 280's I've seen 2 280 destroyed this week due to side pin piston failures. Repair bill can be astronomical.. ( 1 needed crank, 3 rods, 2 sleeves, set of pistons, 2 broke reed cages , welding repair to block and front case half ) OUCH $$$$$$$ Some have...
  14. J

Danger will robinson #4

Building a motor for a friend (Mercury Dealer) this motor had a questionable piston and a crank failure, we ordered new ones from Mercury.. Well the STARBOARD piston that he ordered came in PORT and the NEW crankshaft after my close examination at bearing loading time had a bad place in the...
  15. J

Danger will robinson #3

Danger will robinson #3 A 260 was bought off Scream and Fly with low hours was torn down as a precaution and the builder used RED RTV on the top and bottom "O" ring seal on the seal housings on the block. A perfect plug of RTV was found in bottom seal housing before the check valve...
  16. J

Another one of my favorite "sayings"

I've always found: " With a Marginal Motor and a Magical Prop and Set Up you CAN win World Titles, with a Magical Motor and a Marginal Prop and Set Up you can't out run my dog with a full bladder " Jay
  17. J

Danger will robinson #2

Danger will Robinson #2 Tore down a new customer's 225 Pro Max last week that was blown up after a fairley recent rebuild from another facility. I found 2 of the 6 square injector seals that holds tension on the injector to the electrical terminal for complete electrical contact to be...
  18. J

DANGER Will Robinson !

DANGER Will Robinson ! Just a heads up for all the do it yourselfers as well as Merc mechanics out there. I tore down 2 260s this week 1 stock and one modified (1 for inspection BEFORE it was it was ran and the other was because it had a bad hole) The one that was inspected was bought as...
  19. J

Terrible news

Heard a minute ago Tony Reynolds was involved in a boat accident ( Facts are sketchy ) But I heard he is still missing a passenger that was with him survived.... Hope everything turns out OK .... Jay
  20. J

High Per Rod prep tips

RODS: As most of you know I'm REAL picky about connecting rods and their condition.I have certain ways I lighten and weight match but I won't go into that as I feel you are asking about the rod prep BEFORE assembly. First all this work is done in a parts washer with a solvent flowing on the...