Search results

1. Honda92

225 Promax Running hot on 1 side

This is a on a all stock 225 Promax with the oil injection removed. Ok so I hit a log at 70mph, the sportmaster is ok with no damage along with the prop. I must of hit the log at the right angle and slid along it causing wood to get into my cooling system. The sportmaster lower was plugged up to...
  2. Honda92

Promax injector removal

Any tips or things I need to look out for when removing/installing the injectors on my 225 Promax? I have never removed injectors on one of these motors and I want to send them out to get cleaned and checked out once. It's a 95 and I doubt it has ever been done, it is probably time
  3. Honda92

Factory kill switch wiring?

My boat had the kill switch removed by one of the previous owners. They put a aftermarket shifter in and also bypassed the start in gear safety switch. How do I go about wiring up a tether/kill switch? There are not any wires hiding behind the shifter. Thanks for any input. This is on a 97...
  4. Honda92

Oil Injection on a 225 ProMax.. Leave it or Ditch it?

Alright well I have a 95 225 Promax with about 130ish hours on it. It's all stock including the rev limiter. I keep getting the feeling I'm playing with fire by relying on the injection system. Is running injection on a 100% stock motor safe or should I be looking at going premix? If so what...
  5. Honda92

Cracked Midsection- Help!

I went to put a new waterpump impeller in the Grandsport this weekend and I noticed 1 stud holding the lower on was broke and that my mid was cracked! I guess I should of been checking things over a little more often, I don't know what happened to cause this but I'm glad I caught it now. I'm...
  6. Honda92

Do you beach your boat??

For years I have always pulled my boat up on the sand at the sand bars. Now that I have my Allison I have been feeling bad about it! Even with past boats i always walk them in and pull them up by hand. What does everyone else do here??? Anchoring just seems like a pain.