Do you beach your boat??

Honda92

For years I have always pulled my boat up on the sand at the sand bars. Now that I have my Allison I have been feeling bad about it! Even with past boats i always walk them in and pull them up by hand. What does everyone else do here??? Anchoring just seems like a pain.

reward69

Only when I have to, but I rarely do. My luck there is always that one big rock you don't see!

xb03

I do the same thing, get out and pull it up by hand, as matter of fact this past weekend we had 3 Allison's pulled up on the sand bar!!

Iowafshr

I do, but my boat is a little rough around the edges. If it was in better shape I might think twice about it, but they do look sweet pulled up on the sand.

resqu-u

I come in real slow then walk it up. I'm planning to put a keel shield on soon. Anyone with one have feedback on the shield?

xb03fs

I have a keel shield but only put it on sand or mud beaches. Not sure how much the keelshield helps unless you are VERY careful, with them being so nose high they dont reall contact the beach first. If there is a hard surface and you want to let the women in. You have to hold the nose down,so its on the botton, let them in and get to their seat, let off and let the nose come back up and then push the boat out and get in yourself after you have it completly floating. In this case it does provide some peace of mind.

skewby

me and the guy around here just ease up to the sandy areas, get out and pull them by hand. but we don't have show boats, we use them year round. if i'm paying for it i'm gonna use it

h2oskiier30

I will be contacting an authorized Hamby's dealer today regarding mine. It was already on the boat when I bought it, and already in the process of coming off when I bought it. It's getting worse. I think what it's doing is catching the front roller when launching the boat, causing it to detach bit by bit.

Jr in Jax

If you really value your gel coat or there are rocks and shells on the beach, the best solution is a long sand screw anchor, screwed into the beach. Then drop an ANCHOR BUDDY about 20' out from the stern with a bouy on it. The bungi part of the anchor buddy line will pull your hull off the shore and the sand anchor will suspend it, floating off of the beach. When you want to get back inside, just pull the rope on the sand anchor to stretch the bungi part of the anchor buddy and allow the boat to come ashore for loading people....

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
me and the guy around here just ease up to the sandy areas, get out and pull them by hand. but we don't have show boats, we use them year round. if i'm paying for it i'm gonna use it

I used to be real picky but I have been adopting this attitude lately too. I don't abuse it but I ain't afraid to use it and enjoy it!

skewby

ain't you brians dad? you going to have to come play with us some, me and rodger about have him ruined... lol but your right a guys got to play with his toys

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
ain't you brians dad? you going to have to come play with us some, me and rodger about have him ruined... lol but your right a guys got to play with his toys
YES I am his dad! I am looking forward to coming down too. You can ask Brian, my attitude has changed a bit over the years. :)

Don't sweat the little things.
Life is to short to btch about everything.
If you can't enjoy life what's the point?

Last edited:

suicidealli

I have a keel guard, there are a few places I do it. Clifton is one of them. They are all sand tho, it will still scuff the bottom some. You can buff it right out tho. I have taken one of those rubber rafts, The one that is is solid foam with a rubber coating, and pulled up on that. They are not cheap, and don't last long, but it will protect the boat........

Roy

GotMyAlly

I have taken one of those rubber rafts, The one that is is solid foam with a rubber coating, and pulled up on that. They are not cheap, and don't last long, but it will protect the boat........
I've used a cheap rug for the same purpose, but that would work even better. I may pick one up......probably be a little more particular about this new boat since it's the first one I've ever picked up unmolested, straight from the factory.

K.Kiser

I leave my trailer hook to the boat, and my trailer hooked to the driveway, and my butt hooked at home... My boat is almost flawless using this method...