1988 xr2002

hirk

I think you have been misinformed on being able to import it into the US. I sold my xb2003 to a guy in the states and I delivered it with no issues.

procomp

I got refused at two border crossings and I couldn't find a broker willing to do the paperwork. Trust me, I spent hours and lots of money trying to figure out how to get my STV to a buddy in Wisconsin. No issue if its picked up.

hirk

Well thats weird? I did it a yr ago at an Ontario crossing. I told US customs I had a buyer and was delivering it to the buyer, I filled out the importation paper work and was on my way.

procomp

Well thats weird? I did it a yr ago at an Ontario crossing. I told US customs I had a buyer and was delivering it to the buyer, I filled out the importation paper work and was on my way.
Well it had to do with me being the "common carrier" and transporting someone elses boat (since it was sold) across the border.

I called one border crossing in Ontario and they said ya, no problem. Drove 4hours to cross and they were about to let me through as per the telephone conversation and then some women in the background piped up, HEY they can't haul it across and export it.............) Called 4 brokers for help, got a hotel room and heading back home in the morning. Friggen nightmare.
You got lucky.

biller31

Korn, you know if you brought that boat down here you'd set it up all perfect and be totally done with it and realize you needed a new project to keep you busy and you'd just end up selling it to me.