260 egt temps..

Luketrician

Been working through an issue with my starboard cyliners (1-3)...seem to not fire anytime I apply a good amount of throttle.

Seems to cruise just fine..and even at high rpm..just seems to only happen during hard accelaration.

Port EGTs will stay at around 1000 deg..Starboard EGTs will drop to around 300-600 deg.

I ran 24 miles yesterday at around 70ish with no issues..port an starboard EGTs stable at around 1000 deg.

Just seems to do this during hard accelaration runs.

I have..
Replaced stator
replaced trigger
replaced rectifier
replaced all batteries
replaced ACU
checked ACU twice
switchboxes tested and checked good
replaced head gaskets
inspected cyclinder bores and ports (everything good)

I have had alot of help so far in trying to pinpoint and solve this issue from members here and elsewhere and I appreciate all the help..

Just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had or could offer any more advice as to what could be going on here.

Thanks in advance!

Luketrician

ohh yeah..i tried plugs too..

I have a brucato ACU with a steamwheel...and I have sent the unit back to brucato to verify that the ACU is set right also..

johnnyracer

Swap out the injection harness with a known good one if ya have one close by. Just a shot in the dark , Ive run into a few issues that resemble yours in the past.

Luketrician

Hey that's something I haven't tried yet.. I will try and find one this week and report back.

thanks for your help!

On the bright side..i have now accumulated a bunch of spare parts for my motor now..haha.

johnnyracer

No problem , It may not work for you but its worked for me a couple of times now for some reason. Maybe swap boxes around and see if the other bank gets infected.

chad202

Have you ever tweaked the steam wheel and compare egt readings with plug readings? If you're only running 1000 deg at 70 mph I'd say you're on the fat side and your motor could be 4-stroking. When the egt falls, does the engine change tone? It won't hurt the motor if you lean it up 5-10% for a little bit to see what the motor does and egt does. I can make my motor do exactly what you're talking about by just rich ending up the steam wheel. If this is your problem, you haven't felt all your power yet.

Luketrician

Hey Chad, yeah I have spent some time playing with the steam wheel....usually keep it set at +20% and that keeps EGTs at 1000 deg.

I have turned it to as much as -10% on the steamwheel and EGTs will jump up to 1200deg ~.

It appears that it doesn't correct the issue though.

What I havent tried is turning that the accelerator knob down on the ACU.

Can't remember what knob is what though...all my garage stuff is boxed up right now.

Moving sux btw..lol

suicidealli

I agree with John I have had a couple wire harness do stupid things. There could be some hair line cracks in the exhaust chest, and when the water pressure builds, with the extra heat. It sprays water in the exhaust chest cooling temps. I have seen it, but it isn't common. It could also be a powerhead gasket leaking water when pressure builds too!!!!

Roy

chad202

Have you used a dva to check peak voltage to the switch boxes and exit the switch boxes?

Luketrician

Hey Chad..I had my switchboxes sent off to be checked out..and even tried a set that was verified to be good..

Went out today..adjusted the ACUs acceleration comp from +15% to neg 15%...

left the sensitivity the same.

Still have the same problems, if anything it really is easy to hear that the motor is not running right...(sounds like crap haha)..

really thinking about what Roy said and open up the exhaust gas divider plate and see whats up.

I already had the heads off and replaced head gaskets...everything looked good there..

I was lucky enough to beat an on coming storm today though...so it wasnt all as bad as it could have been :)

chad202

The only thing about it being a water leak is it would do it always, not just under accelleration. I've had water leaks and its all the time. That side pyro was colder no matter what I did.

XXXR2001

Check your reeds. Since you're taking egts off each bank, it'd only take one broken reed to affect your low/mid range temps. Normally, it would idle like crap but sometimes it's hard to tell if you don't have a good baseline to compare it to.

Luketrician

it does idle like crap...i have to keep my steamwheel at +20% so that it will idle on it's own..

anything less and it will die.

and I really appreciate all yalls help too, pretty dang awesome...:)