Allison Boat Weights

Jeff"Yammer"

Here now we can all fight about how much you think my boat weigh's and others here ......

Jeff Williamson
1998 Allison SS2000 Comp-R .... 511lbs (Bare Boat)

Yammer

ally2dextreme

jeff my post are not intendedto dispute you. as we can see you do no everything. my post are for the poeple that want to know what weights are the norm.the weights allison give are with tanks ,stering, seats,and jackplate not just the bare hull. hey can u tell me the secret password so they will tell me the REAL WEIGHT not these other much heaver number there telling me!

XXXR2001

Yammer, I don't doubt your boat's weight at all!:cool

One thing about this hull weight topic that bothers me is that even if 5 people with the same hull knew their exact weight; it wouldn't be good info. Because, they were all probably weighed with different levels of rigging. For example, the folks at Allison told me my hull weighed 500lbs and I verified that it did indeed weigh exactly 500. But, that was with a fairing, seat, and steering installed. So given that, I'd have to guess that my "bare" hull is in the 450-460lb range? What the heck am I supposed to say when someone asks how much it weighs?:confused:

Mr. Scary

I always say what that included. My first SuperSport (1998 SuperSport Excel with center steering) weighed 685 with just the gas tank, steering and driver's seat (no rear bench, no jackplate). That was a light one. I've found that that 1998 weighed less than the others that I've owned.

Allison says the SuperSport Excel weighs 775 and I'd believe that if it included the full interior, jackplate and everything "pre-rigged".

Actually, I think Jeff's scale weighs in celsius - not KG. :)

DOUBLE J

Question. I understand if you are wanting a boat just for total top end you would be concerned with the weight issue. But if you are using it for a sanctioned drag racing (which have min. weight requirements) why would it be that big of deal. Also me personally I wouldn't want a Allison super light. I had a light xr-2002 new and it had stress crack problems on the bow area due to being so light. Just my .02 cents.

Rusrog

It's actually just the opposite. WIth a light boat you can move weight around to help with the launch and usually a slightly heavier boat will run more top end. The REALLY light ones get too flighty and are too sensitive for true top end runs. this info is of course... Just my opinion.

jeff t.

Probationary User
Here now we can all fight about how much you think my boat weigh's and others here ......

Jeff Williamson
1998 Allison SS2000 Comp-R .... 511lbs (Bare Boat)

Yammer
any idea what it weighs with you in it ready to drag race?

ally2dextreme

xxxr2001 ur boat weighs 500 ready for a motor thats the way allison weighs them. thats what most use to compare . u cant drive the boat without a stering wheel so why weigh the boat without it.if you call to get the weight of your boat from allison the weight u get will be with every thing it left the factory with. jackplate ,seat and steringwheel

smokin357

I purchased what I believed to be the 3rd SS 2000 drag hull from Allison in early spring of 1998. We picked the boat up at the factory and asked that it be weighed. On their scale, 635 lbs with seat, fairing, ride glide steering and jacket plate. And if I remember correctly when we ran modified production, we had to add about 50 lbs to make the 1400 lb weight, running a short shaft 300 drag. Quit racing at the end of the 1999 season and sold it to Lee Morgan. The thing I found interesting is that it weighed almost the same a the XR 2001 River Racer, I bought several years earlier. :smile

Derrell
Smokin357

racerx

XR2001 fully rigged turn key 1170lbs with me in it,,my weight was 200 lbs plus a 24 pitch prop....

David Shook

We weighed my boat before we started rigging it, I mean no wiring, no steering wheel , no gas tank , no jack plate, no seats, the only thing that was in the boat was a cooler for that one day of work, weighed in at 1468lbs, I thought that was pretty light?
Shook

RedAllison

lmao DMax, I was talkin WITHOUT me!!! :embarassed

Does a big red boat make ya azz look fat??? :laughing
RA

NCLakeman

This has gotten good. So Mr.Shook you tellin me you had an 850 pound cooler??????? I can't believe you didn't call me for some help with that!!!!

jeff t.

Probationary User
XR2001 fully rigged turn key 1170lbs with me in it,,my weight was 200 lbs plus a 24 pitch prop....
racerx jeff whats the lightest xr 2002 you seen our owned that white one i got from you weighed 1338 with me in it i,m 200 lbs thats with a 15 inch mid. jeff tyner.

racerx

Jeff how are ya bud? Bill Ghor has 2 of them 1997 and a 85 or 86 the old wone we call it the old bone it is very light much lighter then the one i sold you,,you can grab those fins that stick up along the side of the boat and sqeeze them together,,i can get the weight for you,,when me and Bill raced each other for the season at Blarneys island 750 to 800ft that old bone would ditch my blue drag boat out of the ditch every time,i would have to run him down,we battled all season and it came down to the last race,and i got him,,he called my wife and offerd her a grand to keep me home that last race...I HAVE SEEN YOUR NEW BOAT AT JASPER AWHILE BACK,,,NICE PEICE,,,I WAS GONNA CALL YOU, WHATS YOUR NUMBER..THANKS

racerx

Oh yea the yellow 2002 i had weighed 1350 with a 15 inch mid with me in it 220lbs