Allison Boat Weights

Jeff"Yammer"

...... you dont have to agree with me nor i u but it might be wise to discuss this in a diff tone.
Please tell me what would be wise about it ??? hahahaha
Darris told me all about my boat and guessed at the weight himself and then i told him the actual Boat weight and he agreed .... Hey man fly on up here and bring your own scale on your carry on bag to make you sleep better at night. The boat is 511lbs UN-RIGGED ... ( and ya ... that is the complete hull .... hahahah with the deck ... hahahahhaha )
So tell me why you cannot belive me about MY boat that has been weighed ......... hahahahaha
I had a STV ModVP that weighed 485lbs as well .....
panda man send up the cash and I'll take the boat out of storage and weigh it as it sits ... Fully rigged ( J.plate , fuel tank, trim pump, 2 batterys, steering, guages and wiring and the seat in the boat ) ....... but I'm sure you wont belive me if it differs from what you know as gospel about Allison wieghts

ziemer

Please tell me what would be wise about it ??? hahahaha
I think the point is... That if someone is wanting to buy your boat and race it competively, that bare hull weight means jack, because as we all know, you can't race a boat without steering, a seat, fuel tank, batteries, etc.

As it sits, with or without motor has the boat been weighed?

Jeff"Yammer"

I think the point is... That if someone is wanting to buy your boat and race it competively, that bare hull weight means jack, because as we all know, you can't race a boat without steering, a seat, fuel tank, batteries, etc.

As it sits, with or without motor has the boat been weighed?
Ziemer ... thats a bunch of BS cuz a boat can be rigged with so many different combos as far as rigging goes .... what is so hard here ???? WoW ....... and cuz there are a few people on here that cannot read ... Dont you think i would've posted my rigged weight ????

Last edited:

K.Kiser

As galactically dumb as I can be, I seem to learn new things every day... I never thought that "hull weight" could be misinterpreted let alone argued.. Hull weight is the bare hull, fiberglass only... There is a term that has been coined for the weight of the hull and miscellaneous accessories, it is call "Rigged Weight"...

john4utvols

Jeff are you saying you took everything out of your boat to weigh it. Just wondering. I'm not disputing your weight just wondering why you would do that. I believe if you can make a Xr2001 sub 600 why can't a ss be sub 600. Thomas don't you get smart with me either or I will have to come over and have a talk with Lisa :laughing.

K

Kevin from FL

As galactically dumb as I can be, I seem to learn new things every day... I never thought that "hull weight" could be misinterpreted let alone argued.. Hull weight is the bare hull, fiberglass only... There is a term that has been coined for the weight of the hull and miscellaneous accessories, it is call "Rigged Weight"...
That must be old school stuff that I learned too.....there must be some new math involved here.......:beer::smile

RedAllison

Ok glad we got all dat outta da way. Now Shookster I wanna know more bout dat 850# cooler of yours. You brangin it toda rally aintcha??? :beer:

:at the bar
RA

Jeff"Yammer"

Finally .... some smart guys on here !!!

Before i re-rigged my boat I stripped it all out .... every wire, nut and bolt !!!!! Then weighed it !!!

Jeff

K.Kiser

My take on it is that rigged weight is ready for the water also, and in that respect I agree with You... If it doesn't have an engine then it is "rigged minus the engine" or "rigged minus the batteries" etc, but "hull weight" is just as the term implies and nothing more... If My opinion on this can be proven wrong, then I just file My mistake alongside the stacks of My other faults..

suicidealli

i have heard the 98's were lighter. i also know that allison added 2 extra transom bolts to hold jack plate after 98. i only have four bolts.
i don't know what my ss weighs!! i know what it wieghs fully rigged with gas ready for the water, and the "trailer". i had to have it weighed to get trailer tags. we filled up with gas to get the heviest weight. i knew it would be under 3000 lbs. that is the jump for the price of tags. i have a 1998 ss excell sn: ALTSS09C898-XL. i believe that means it was number 8 out of the mold. anyway 2060 lbs with single axle trailer with spare tire and tire cover. anybody know what the trailer weighs??????? i would guess about 600 lbs.
anybody know????

i have seen 2 ss weighed at jasper fully rigged one was 1350 and the other was 1375.
both were xl and merc 15" mids.

and as far as i know jeff has one of the fastest ss out there. everbody gives him a lot of crap!!!

jeff your the man at 126mph. i was just wondering how you fit in the seat with those big marbles!!! that is 16mph more than me. WOW

thanks,
roy

restoxr

I can assure you that this boat will run the speed Yammer Claims... I have been in the boat at over 122 with him.... I am sure it would run over the 126 mark if he wanted to push it!

propmanjay

For what ever it's worth I weighed my SS on friday. ALT55A35G899-R with full insterments, pyros,trim,fuel pump, setback ect all ready to run less motor and battery 690lbs. Mine is the pearl white and royal blue that use to belong to Nancy. It seems very possible for Jeffs bare hull to be as light as he claims.

J

John Richied

For what ever it's worth I weighed my SS on friday. ALT55A35G899-R with full insterments, pyros,trim,fuel pump, setback ect all ready to run less motor and battery 690lbs. Mine is the pearl white and royal blue that use to belong to Nancy. It seems very possible for Jeffs bare hull to be as light as he claims.

RutRow... we got a light one!!! :cool

ally2dextreme

that is the lightest ss ever made keep that in man...i think the diff is most people consider the boat weight the way allison weighs them.... that means with a seat and stering wheel lol