Allison Boat Weights

john4utvols

I was getting a new top deck put on my old 03 SS excel at Allison, it only had the wiring, steering cables, seats, fairing, 10" jackplate, and maybe one pump. It weighed 845lbs. I watched them weigh it. The front was picked up with a line and a scale attached and the back the same all at the same time, and then the weights were added together.

Last edited:
J

John Richied

My understanding is if Allison tells you your hull weighs 875 Lbs: that is with all of the interior installed, gauges, empty fuel cell, driver

Casey G

My 01' XR 2001 Drag weighs 1220 with me in it. I run a 12" mid w/ XR-6. that's with two batteries, a 40lb and a 15lb, no back seat or fairing. I weigh 195. a jacket, helmet, radio and water bottles adds a few more. that puts my boat around 1010lb. I was told by Allison the hull was around 510lb, but I can't confirm that and doing the math it is closer to 550.

My sisters 88' XR 2002 Comp weighs 1310 with me in it. It has a stock 15", two batteries, a 40lb and a 10lb, 2 seats, and again I weigh 195. a jacket, helmet, radio and water bottles adds a few more. Doing the math it should also be around 550.

Both boats feel very solid.

David Shook

NC Lakeman,
Damn good to hear from you brother, hope you and the little lady have been doing well ,Yeah we thought we could handle that cooler by ourselves till the next morning really felt rough, first thought it was the bird flu but finally figured out it had to be the sleep because I felt good when I went to bed, Ain't gonna do that sleep thing again!!!!!!
Shook

ally2dextreme

update---the lightest weight ss2000 on record @allison....................711lbs thats close to 511 lbslol!

XXXR2001

xxxr2001 ur boat weighs 500 ready for a motor thats the way allison weighs them. thats what most use to compare . u cant drive the boat without a stering wheel so why weigh the boat without it.if you call to get the weight of your boat from allison the weight u get will be with every thing it left the factory with. jackplate ,seat and steringwheel
Hate to disagree but I do. Most people (in the racing world) use bare hull weight with no rigging. Weighing the hull with any type of rigging makes it incomparable to other boats because of the various rigging options. Allison should weigh the boat before any rigging. The weights they have on record are practically useless.

ALLISONMAN

i wouldnt say useless cause who is gonna run a boat without the rigging and steering???? boat weights really dont mean crap unless you include the driver and all!!!

ally2dextreme

i would say the allison weight is what the boat weights minis motor id say thats dead on unless u plan on bolting the motor on the transom siting on the floor and stering with a rudder. lol

XXXR2001

People use different types of steering, custom seats, different jackplates or no jackplate, etc....
Also, a lot of guys don't run with the fairing. That alone is a 20lb difference. If you've got a drag boat, the only comparable weight is the bare hull. Everything else attached to it just clouds the picture.

XXXR2001

i wouldnt say useless cause who is gonna run a boat without the rigging and steering????
I say useless because I bet they don't keep notes detailing the rigging when they are weighed. The bare hull is one thing that is fixed, everything else attached to it is subject to user preference.

props4u2

I purchased what I believed to be the 3rd SS 2000 drag hull from Allison in early spring of 1998. We picked the boat up at the factory and asked that it be weighed. On their scale, 635 lbs with seat, fairing, ride glide steering and jacket plate. And if I remember correctly when we ran modified production, we had to add about 50 lbs to make the 1400 lb weight, running a short shaft 300 drag. Quit racing at the end of the 1999 season and sold it to Lee Morgan. The thing I found interesting is that it weighed almost the same a the XR 2001 River Racer, I bought several years earlier. :smile

Derrell
Smokin357
When Derrell, his son Ron & I picked his ss-2000 Drag up @ Allison in 1998, Darris weighed it as Derrell stated. Derrell is correct that it weighed 635 lbs. My excell weighed 840lbs. but probably has 100 lbs. more wireing, control box, throttle and shift cables, hot foot etc... in it plus a heavy duty deck.

Lee

ally2dextreme

thats the lightest one on record per todd 711 i dont dispute 635 thats plenty light but nowhere near 511

XXXR2001

thats the lightest one on record per todd 711 i dont dispute 635 thats plenty light but nowhere near 511
Huh?:confused: How much you think the seat, fairing, steering and jackplate weigh? I bet around 100lbs. That puts it at 535lbs. I also bet it had a fuel cell with hoses, etc. If thats the case, there is another 20lbs. That puts it at approximately 515 lbs!!!

propmanjay

The record dosn't mean much. I have a comp R and have tried to get the weight from Bill at Allison and they have no record of my boat's weight. I will have the motor off soon and will try to get it weighed and will post it for what it's worth.

Jeff"Yammer"

Please tell me what is so hard for you understand here ..... I claimed my HULL !!!! Thats HULL ( Hull is just the HULL in case you can't comprehend what I'm saying to you ) .... My HULL weighs in at 511 ( 519 on a different scale ... but who's counting a couple lbs here and there )
So now that that is sorted out .... next time you should read the whole post and not just what you want to read !!!!!!!!!
Never said that weight was rigged !!!!!!! or ready for a motor .... i think it says the bare hull UN-RIGGED !!!! ????
Yammer

ally2dextreme

my new powerstroke truck weighs 2900 lbs . without motor tranny and seats . yehaw i git the lightest power stroke every made.lol

Jeff"Yammer"

Here now we can all fight about how much you think my boat weigh's and others here ......

Jeff Williamson
1998 Allison SS2000 Comp-R .... 511lbs (Bare Boat)

Yammer
Here is what is written in my first post about boat weights !!!!!! Seems that 511 was and is stated as (BARE BOAT) ....... i never even tried to compare rigged weight with BARE weight . Thanks for interesting read though. I'm sure you're one of those guys with a GPS Nav. system in your car/truck so you won't get lost trying to find your way home every time you leave the house.
Compare Rigged weights to Rigged weights and Bare weights to Bare weights ........ I learned how to read and write before i even went to school ......

Yammer ..

PS .. lol

ally2dextreme

what it has to do with is when you post my ss weights 511lbs everyone judges that off there weight they were given. im not saying if u rape your boat it wouldnt be lighter than when it left the factory im saying that MOST poeple are not going to take there stering out of there boat and see what it weighs. and allison says you would have to remove the deck to be 511lbs. you dont have to agree with me nor i u but it might be wise to discuss this in a diff tone.