Anyone serious about a new xr2002? 3 or 4 orders needed!!!

jas638

Banned
I just spoke to darris. With his permission i am writing this thread. We spoke about the reality of the reproduction of the xr2002 in all composite .no wood!!!! Anywhere!!!! . He said that it would take three to make it cost effective and four to make the price better. They have the time now,they have pulled out the molds and are looking to bring it back better than ever. Built just like a grandsport no wood!!!! There have been some guys on here (i am one myself) who have been kicking this around. I left my info with darris.if anyone on this forum is interested call darris give him your info. The time is now, now they have the time to build these. They will soon focus on the new 24ft gs. Darris seemed eager to want to do this.i think i am gonna go for a bare hull and do all the rigging myself. Thats gotta save a little on price. We did not discuss price. I know it wont be cheap,but i dont want to discuss price until hopefully we enough orders. Well, thats it.i know i been throwing this around, but talking to darris and finding out how they will be made has me convinced. Anyone been thinking bout this call him the time has come !the time is now!

ally2dextreme

Good luck..I look into this years ago because of everyone saying they would by one tomorrow if they still made them well it got real quite when I asked those guys to sighn up got deathly quite ...

jas638

Banned
Good luck..I look into this years ago because of everyone saying they would by one tomorrow if they still made them well it got real quite when I asked those guys to sighn up got deathly quite ...
can i consider you #2 ? i gave darris my name and info. i am serious! i am gonna get a red and black

jas638

Banned
i am pretty sure i can get american to jump on board. he wants a yellow one. theres gotta be another guy on here that wants to pull the trigger!!! ya only live once!!!

michael j giesler

i've talk to Nancy and Darris about this hull the reason he need an order for atleast 3 is he is going to retool the molds and make them better than ever this will most likely be the last chance to get these if 3 are made than in the future he will make them by order these boat in my opion are the baddest ally he made run the river and race i hope you get the orders you need

jas638

Banned
i've talk to Nancy and Darris about this hull the reason he need an order for atleast 3 is he is going to retool the molds and make them better than ever this will most likely be the last chance to get these if 3 are made than in the future he will make them by order these boat in my opion are the baddest ally he made run the river and race i hope you get the orders you need
yes you are correct,he did say that. how bout you mike? you in? maybe hoxie wants one? or dave hensley? scotty gilmore?

Dave Hensley

I have one. 1986 that is straight as an arrow. My guess is they will be in the $26,000 range on a single axle trailer. He has to make them before the EPA regs go into effect for the new gas tanks?? I understood those rules killed all the older designs. Knowing the price up front would be the first step in deciding....

suicidealli

I think they are bad *** boats too.. Fast, light, cool looking, but they are a rough riding lake boat. With the economy the way it is I can't do it... 2 years ago I would have been in.

Dave Hensley

yes you are correct,he did say that. how bout you mike? you in? maybe hoxie wants one? or dave hensley? scotty gilmore?
By the way, Hoxie is out. He can't drive anything without training wheels!!! Maybe he will get one, then sell it to buy another fishing boat.

BGohr

This is about the 5th someones tried this, the answer is always the same, $25-6000, you need X amount of orders, and no one bites. But really how do you expect someone to give you a bonified order, or a deposit when you don't have a price, as well, you'll have $40K plus in it when you're done, hard to do, hope you make it happen.......I'd probably buy another one, but I wouldn't commit to anything till I see the first one in the mold.

jas638

Banned
This is about the 5th someones tried this, the answer is always the same, $25-6000, you need X amount of orders, and no one bites. But really how do you expect someone to give you a bonified order, or a deposit when you don't have a price, as well, you'll have $40K plus in it when you're done, hard to do, hope you make it happen.......I'd probably buy another one, but I wouldn't commit to anything till I see the first one in the mold.
bill ,if your considering at this point thats good. i figured get 3 or 4 guys considering,then call him and talk price. would not be the way to go.? shoot me a pm with a number to contact ya ,if ya want we could talk more.

jas638

Banned
I have one. 1986 that is straight as an arrow. My guess is they will be in the $26,000 range on a single axle trailer. He has to make them before the EPA regs go into effect for the new gas tanks?? I understood those rules killed all the older designs. Knowing the price up front would be the first step in deciding....
you are correct about the epa stuff. i would just be getting a bare hull.unrigged. i have a trailer already.

jas638

Banned
I think they are bad *** boats too.. Fast, light, cool looking, but they are a rough riding lake boat. With the economy the way it is I can't do it... 2 years ago I would have been in.
roy, i know if you could you would. another time ,my friend.

hoxie

training wheels is waiting on you to come down south so I can wax that assssssss!!!!!!! 7 boats and none ready to run. you better get to working on all that JUNK!!!!!!!! I need my drag back please!!!!!!!!!! love and kisses HOXIE. LMAO

Dave Hensley

I am scared to come south. My wallet gets hosed every trip I make down there. Deliverance is alive and well in Jaw-ja. By the way, that is my Drag, but not for long.

patches

I'm like Bill. I've seen this tried a few times and when it comes down to it nobody antes up the money. I'd love to see it done. I've had 2 of them and love the boats. I've always thought it would be neat to re tool the top deck to fit the new XR2001 bottom. Hope ya'll get it done

jas638

Banned
I'm like Bill. I've seen this tried a few times and when it comes down to it nobody antes up the money. I'd love to see it done. I've had 2 of them and love the boats. I've always thought it would be neat to re tool the top deck to fit the new XR2001 bottom. Hope ya'll get it done
well, i will say ,i am ready ,so is american.what is needed is two more guys like you and bill who are on the fence,who have seen this tried before but now ready to make it happen.let me say now is the time. i cant get it done alone. think hard on it ! you too bill.

fnshrmaster

Why not buy the nice 84 for sale on the other board? Looks mint and the price has got to be less than half. A new one would be sweet, getting 4 guys on board will be tough. Good luck, I hope it works! Kurt

Last edited: