Anyone serious about a new xr2002? 3 or 4 orders needed!!!

jas638

Banned
It's too bad there isn't a dealer willing to take the risk and order a couple.
The reason for that could be the dealers don't get the markup they want. I know a guy who was a dealer here in LI he said you were lucky to make a 100$ on the boat . It was the rigging that was profitable,and most guys wanna do that themselves .

XXXR2001

I have 2 comments but they are completely unrelated.

1. JAS...If you haven't done so already, call these two dealers and see if they aren't interested in helping you get some boats made. Key Puckett (Fishin World in Dallas) and Glen Reynolds (Reynolds Marine in Tennessee).

2. The XR2002 is a 30 year old boat design, it shouldn't cost as much as a newly designed model because the tooling has been paid for many times over. The fact that the mold has not been cared for is not a customer issue. IMO, they should just get rid of the SS and replace it with an updated XR2002 boat because the SS has never come close to measuring up 2002. :rolling eyes

jas638

Banned

1. JAS...If you haven't done so already, call these two dealers and see if they aren't interested in helping you get some boats made. Key Puckett (Fishin World in Dallas) and Glen Reynolds (Reynolds Marine in Tennessee).

2. The XR2002 is a 30 year old boat design, it shouldn't cost as much as a newly designed model because the tooling has been paid for many times over. The fact that the mold has not been cared for is not a customer issue. IMO, they should just get rid of the SS and replace it with an updated XR2002 boat because the SS has never come close to measuring up 2002. :rolling eyes
Thankyou , makes complete sense .

Fl Boy in ILL

Well that's kinda what I thought also, I did want a XR 2002 so I ended up with a 89
Rick

mikesufka

I thught "Greg" (AKA - Ferrell) was going to chime in?

MDS

PS: I'd buy Cleinmarks

PPS: "Greg" can't drive Allisons - maybe Hydrostreams

Scott Gilmore

Sorry............NOT feeling your vibe on the XR 2002. I'm GLAD Allison replaced the 2002 with the SS2000. To me it's a huge fun, fast wake basher & the best boat Allison ever produced. BUT what do I know, I'm just an old drunk that didn't vote for the abomination !! Scott :big grin

Last edited:

msethsmile

Funny Guy
boat mark up is a tough one. we've got guys around here that will travel 300+ miles to save $200 on a Lund. Assume Allison same way. the money is not and never has been in sales. Its storage, winterization, rigging. And then there's Ferrell...

BGohr

Sorry............NOT feeling your vibe on the XR 2002. I'm GLAD Allison replaced the 2002 with the SS2000. To me it's a huge fun, fast wake basher & the best boat Allison ever produced. BUT what do I know, I'm just an old drunk that didn't vote for the abomination !! Scott :big grin
Finally, Scott you said something that makes sense................what do you know.