Check your injector hoses!!!

BigRedAlli

Found my #1 injector hose leaking fuel. When I pulled it off this is what I found....

This came out of #2 injector...

Just had the injectors cleaned and checked last Aug. Not sure why this happened, but glad I found it before any damage occured.

BigRedAlli

Number on the hose is 4219BF EPA COMPLIANT 15 grams/m2/day BGT SPLINE BF1....BARICADE GREEN SHIELD.
I thought they we replaced last august when the injectors were serviced. They've been serviced three times in the last 5 or six years.

BigRedAlli

Yep, 10% ethanol, can't find real 93 around here anymore. I replace all my fuel lines every 2 years, but didn't think to check the injector hoses. I do run it all out in the fall and fill it with AV gas over the winter.

SLOmofo

One thing I have read about in automotive is older fuel hoses and when mechanical fuel pumps were common, early failure. The fuel pump diagram when manufactured has the leeway when in contact with the fuel used to expand or contract. When different fuels are used it causes the material to excessively harden which causes failure. I had some fuel hose I used to syphon gas with at home never was installed on a car. Over time it became very hard and wouldn't bend. Here in wonderful Green California we have had many different blends of fuel, I would suspect this was the cause of the hard hose.
Maybe changing to AV gas which is very different then car gas is a contributing factor. AV gas is very dry compared.

IMHO

Dave Hensley

I have tried many additives and found SeaFoam to be the best. Cant hardly get away from running the junk fuel every now and then. Noticed it first and worst in my chain saws. It doesn't take long, a few months. Of sitting with 10% ethanol to screw up.

GotMyAlly

Ethanol kilt both my stihl chainsaw and echo blower in the past year. Chainsaw just needed new lines. Blower was a total loss....

wc911

I put seafoam in everything . Lawnmower , chainsaw , leaf blower , pressur washer, boat and so on. I also try and start them at least once a month.

Dave Hensley

I don't think it will get any better. Starting them often is a good idea. At least pump up the primer bulbs to keep everything full.

allimax

BARICADE GREEN SHIELD.
Gates had a recall on this hose about 1 1/2 years ago. The only way I know this was due to a problem I had here with the same "ethanol compliant hose".
The recall was only to the dealers that were selling it and stopped there. I have been using the grey marine hose from European Marine and so far so good after 2 years. I did buy some other stuff Napa had the other day for my golf cart and it was real stiff and hard to even push over the nipples. Big plus on the Sea foam, good stuff.

Jr in Jax

My hoses went bad several years ago and stopped up my injector screens due to the ethanol.

nort

Sea Foam & Franks Red Hot!!
I buy 'em both by the gallon and put 'em on & in everything!!
(Just don't mix up what goes where!)
Sea Foam has helped keep the fuel lines in my chain saws, blowers, generators etc in good shape for several years and I have only had one pc of equipment give me any grief and it had nothing to do with fuel lines.
Having said that, those injector lines look nasty!!

BigRedAlli

If you guys can get non ethanol gas for your small stuff, obviously it's best. Here is a website dedicated to non ethanol gas

http://pure-gas.org/
I have that link saved in my cell phone and use it often when we travel...:wink

really don't understand the need for ethanol fuel. Seems to be a waste of good corn.

Here's a pic of the inside. The middle is the injector side, and the ends are the rail side..

BigRedAlli

This is the sticker on a new ford. Miles expected per tank of fuel, real gas on the right and e85 on the left.

Still don't see where e85 is worth the time and cost to manufacture... Just makes it harder for the auto co's to meet the higher mpg's required by the idiots setting the standards.