ELITE series angler just went ELITE!

Darth VMAX

for those that don't FB. A very nice post from Elite Series Angler Grant Goldbeck announcing his partnership with Allison

Dear Allison FB.

I have spent the last year reading the many post on the Allison Facebook page. I didn't respond because I wanted to learn the facts, and read through all the opinions. As well at that time I was unable to do so.
My endorsement situation has enabled me to study the Allison Company much more closely. The result is simple, I am very impressed to say the least. The years of R&D that truly goes into these boats is NOT standardized. As a Professional Angler I have ran many boats over the years, and driven most on the market today. Allison's XB21 hull mated with any motor is simply impressive.
In addition, I have been impressed with the candid and honest posts of and not limited to following gentleman, Jim McFarland, Benjamin Biller, Ross Chappell, Lee Sanderson, Duane Harper, Johnny Johnson, Manny Oliveira, and John Tiger. These are just a few of many. You guys were fearless and factual. I respect that. I have learned a lot regarding your posts. I liked that your experience extents into several boat brands.

I am honored to say that a focus group including myself was formed and pursued a partnership with Allison Boats to feature their BassSport Pro Elite on the biggest most prestigious Tour, The 2014 Bassmaster Elite Series. We understand that Allison is a small yet committed company and the cost to build an Allison Boat is twice the cost of any other manufacture.

Our focus will not be top speed,it will be on hull efficiency, fuel economy, and rough water handling while mated to Yamaha's SHO 225 4-stroke.

My current situation has afforded me a more flexible outlook and I have chosen Allison! I am very excited about this opportunity, might even be a little bit more excited for Allison then myself. Allison has given so much to the bass and boating industry and it's time for the truth to be known about the worlds greatest boats!

In closing, I would like everyone to know, I am a bass angler first. Although I have ran many boats my whole life...I still have a lot to learn. So all you Allison experts take it easy on me. Lol !!! Please understand I will probably have questions and my hopes are that y'all will be more then willing to share in the experience.

In some ways this is your boat, your opportunity we share in.

I do believe it's time for Allison to be recognized for having the best rough water, most efficient performance hull Period!!!

Grant Goldbeck
Bassmaster Elite Series Angler

BASS Link:

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/goldbeck-partners-allison-boat

GotMyAlly

Just one question.....who is grant? New guy on tour? Is don't follow tournament news too close, but never heard that name before.

allimax

Amazing! :big grin That's some great news and I'm sure will upset quite a few of our fellow competitive boat owners. Let the truth be known. Hey, looks like he's a local boy from Gaithersburg, MD.

Last edited:

GFL

Young guy has been fishing Elites a few years past boats were Skeeter and Basscat if I remember right

jcoats3

Sounds like he headed in right direction. Now I got someone I can cheer on with something in common. Be cool to see the Allys up at the classic next weekend. Always next year.

Allyfishing

If he's never driven an Allison before he had better get that thing rigged with that SHO quick and get Mr. Allison to give him LOTS of lessons cuz the season starts mid March!!!

Speedman

so what about all the controversy over the HP tag. A few years back, wasnt an FLW guy DQ'd because of the tag? and why some new guy and not an up and coming guy at the lower levels who already HAS an Allison? and what kind of deal is he getting? is he sponsored by Allison and if that is the case, why would the good ole boy network pick a yankee from MD? lots of unanswered questions!

GotMyAlly

Allison has 2 stickers for the 21. One is similar to the XB02/XB03 stickers..........wording is something like 'for maximum efficiency, the manufacturer recommends......but being over 20' is not rated'. The other just says 225 to simplify it for the tournament crowd.

The rest of those questions, I don't think anybody but Nancy or Darris could answer for you. Anything else would be purely speculation.

biller31

Grant Goldbeck is no "new guy". I suggest you Google him. As for the Yankee thing... We all know about the awesomeness of Allisons down here. You need to reach a broader market. And... He's from Maryland BUT, He Currently Lives in Texas. As for the deal thing... I'm guessing, having done this before with Genmar, you get like around dealer cost and you have to finance it and pay for it because you own it. Then you try to sell it to get the newest model if the company puts out a new body style. (you have to stay current) Other wise you can keep it until you're done with it. You pay for it, you own it. (All conjecture on my part)

Last edited:

Allyfishing

Allison has 2 stickers for the 21. One is similar to the XB02/XB03 stickers..........wording is something like 'for maximum efficiency, the manufacturer recommends......but being over 20' is not rated'. The other just says 225 to simplify it for the tournament crowd.

The rest of those questions, I don't think anybody but Nancy or Darris could answer for you. Anything else would be purely speculation.
Neal, do you know if there is one that allows a 250 so there is no explanations needed??

RobShaw-BasSport

No there is not a placard with "250" on it...unless something has changed recently. I'll be with the Elites on Table Rock in April, wouldnt it be something if I end up being Grant's Marshal? I will certainly take pics of the boat and post them.

Im scratching my head on Darris' agreement to run a Yamaha and this whole "focus group" deal. Anyway, I hope it works out.

catfish123

It would be a concern of mine as well. I would be the one to get a guy who wouldn't want to listen to me "explain the situation" to him. Same way with "the dance" one has to possibly go through with insurance. Not looking at all to start an argument here, but it certainly can be an uncomfortable situation at best, and one with a bad outcome at worst.

champ198

I've always spoken with the Tourney Director prior to a tournament and before paying my entry fees for tournaments with rules stating the hp much match the placard. When I explain I have a 21ft boat and a 250hp but my plate says not rated, they understand and waive the rule (which I keep from their email). Just about every 21ft boat out there has a 250 on it, so they are used to this. Same for insurance. My insurance company didn't blink when I signed up and added all my info.

My placard says: "This boat - being over 20 feet long - IS NOT RATED by the US Coast Guard or the Manufacturer. For maximum safety, efficiency, and warranty , - the RECOMMENDED HORSEPOWER is - 135-200 This boat complies with the US Coast Guard safety standards in effect on the date of certification."

I asked for this placard vs. the 225hp placard that I believe comes in the boats normally (not sure).