Fastest prop on your Allison to date!

ziemer

Didn't think you were Roy...All good just my .02 worth.

Agreed Bob...

TBuck

Wish we were closer...then I could see how all your top secret GS props would run on my boat! :gasp :big grin :big grin

As for my boat...Have run a Hoss Triton on mine since damn near day one. Not saying there isn't a faster prop, but it's pushed my big 'ol rig pretty good for the last 10 years. :at the bar

Mr. Scary

Mike what was the hole shot like with the cleaver? Slip and then grab?
My buddy has a brand new cleaver and I was going to help him sell it but if I can put a large hub in it I may run it.
The secret to that prop was it had 2 degrees more rake than a stock cleaver, so it actually had very good out of the hole performance for a cleaver. It didn't slip at all. It was a big prop so it wasn't a rocket ship out of the hole, but it didn't give you that typical slip and grab Cleaver launch...even when the boat breaks over. I've run other cleavers that didn't slip either...they're all a little different. That particular prop was awesome though.

allison8503

I ran a custom built 28 chopper that was cut just like a hoss triton that had more time tunning it than I would like to think about. It ran 117 on my xb 2002 with the drag motor. I ran it 116 on my XR 2001 with a 200 efi prostock motor. Im hoping the new boat and motor combination will get close to 110 in the 1/8. But thats going to take some work!

mikesufka

I ran a custom built 28 chopper that was cut just like a hoss triton that had more time tunning it than I would like to think about. It ran 117 on my xb 2002 with the drag motor. I ran it 116 on my XR 2001 with a 200 efi prostock motor. Im hoping the new boat and motor combination will get close to 110 in the 1/8. But thats going to take some work!

What kind of XB2002?

MDS

suicidealli

That is moving for 660'!!!!!!!! I run 100-101 in 600' 108 in 800'.. You will be smoking some boats!!!!!!

Roy

allison8503

The new boat should be pretty light considering the combination. And I have 3.6 liter mercury on a 12 inch going on it. The prop was originally cut by a guy named Britt and then worked alot by one of my buddies that works his own props. It was a normal Xb 2002, the bare hull weighed about 850 pounds. But the boat had nothing in it. I'm talking about rigged light for back when I did it, and the motor was tuned to run on the big end, which was different than normal.

Last edited:

whipper

The new boat should be pretty light considering the combination. And I have 3.6 liter mercury on a 12 inch going on it. The prop was originally cut by a guy named Britt and then worked alot by one of my buddies that works his own props. It was a normal Xb 2002, the bare hull weighed about 850 pounds. But the boat had nothing in it. I'm talking about rigged light for back when I did it, and the motor was tuned to run on the big end, which was different than normal.
Sounds Awsome!! I would sure love to see that motor with the 12 incher. Sounds like a beast!!

AMERICAN

I have run a lot of differant props on my GS and have found that Hoss props run
the best .... I did how ever just pick up a Mazco off shore cleaver and a Hydro
Knob cut that I purchased from Rusrog a member here... Im looking forward to
giving both of them a turn....Ill keep you posted...

AMERICAN

Nice collection you have there American.
xb03...I know you been eye balling that knob cut .... Ill let you know how it runs in a couole of weeks..Im just finishing up putting the new carpet back in the boat and a few other things...

xb03

Thats some good looking carpet! What big wheels you have GotMyAlly. If gas goes to $5+ a gallon this summer, it will most likely prevent me from getting my topend wheel. :very sad

TBuck2003

Wish we were closer...then I could see how all your top secret GS props would run on my boat! :gasp :big grin :big grin

As for my boat...Have run a Hoss Triton on mine since damn near day one. Not saying there isn't a faster prop, but it's pushed my big 'ol rig pretty good for the last 10 years. :at the bar
Jeff,
I wish you were closer that would be sweet to run around. Actually the Hoss Triton was a tad faster than a worked ET on my boat back then. Good props for sure, that is what we tried to beat on mine. As always what works for one, does not for the other I get it but the Hoss is fast !!! If I come down I want to ride in the Velocity !!!

TBuck