grand sport videos

jas638

Banned
here are a couple of vids the last pass you can hear me choppin the throttle ,which is usually a no-no but she handles like a dream!! so predictable when i am behind the wheel i become one with her!!! lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP_Gi95ZjMU

this video was shot with my brother in the back of my gs at 97on gps. its a little shakey he did the best he could it has american ram in it. i added the music. "fuel" by metallica. i know some of you good ole' boys dont like metal rock but this song says it all!!!! just listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm_plBR3_Ao&feature=related

these vids were shot on turkeyday 2010. its our new tradition!!! temps were bout 35-40degrees water temp bout the same. dang those mercs run crisp in the cold.

Last edited:

jimbob88

I watch YouTube vids of allys quite often. Why such a bad angle holeshot? Not a good enough trim pump to keep up after initial punch? Looked to be leaning on the runs.
I still bounce from side to side! Lol
You asked, there ya go.

K.Kiser

Good running angle of the hull.. What I did notice is the leaning to the right... Maybe try to determine if that a weight balance issue or if the hull is getting ready to do a bat turn... Always good to see vids...

jas638

Banned
I watch YouTube vids of allys quite often. Why such a bad angle holeshot? Not a good enough trim pump to keep up after initial punch? Looked to be leaning on the runs.
I still bounce from side to side! Lol
You asked, there ya go.
i think i had the motor to trimmed out on the hole shot.dont quite remeber why ,maybe i was trying to wheel stand her a bit for the camera?i run the oildyne pump.not the mercruiser fast pump should i switch?would that help the holeshot? we were just playin with gettin some footage on tape,not really dialing anything in.i did notice myself that my rooster tail was high when i came down.i run a 20inch mid,maybe that could be it ? i have a skid planner on her i am thinking bout adding a allison foil to the gear case? as for leaning to the right she will lean a bit ,but on long high speed passes i shift to the left of the seat a bit and she levels off pretty good. this season i will add more vids with the new JSRE 260 .but thanks for checkin it out,peace brother!!

jas638

Banned
Good running angle of the hull.. What I did notice is the leaning to the right... Maybe try to determine if that a weight balance issue or if the hull is getting ready to do a bat turn... Always good to see vids...
thanks for checkin it out brother, thanks for the input on the running angle. do you think the back looks wet? no bat turns yet !! good thing tooo!! lol

propmanjay

It was a wee bit wet. The right lean scares me. If it were left I'd give it a couple bumps and it would go away. Both my SS and XR don't like more trim with a right lean. The SS would try and turn around on if you bump it with a right lean on the top. It is a sweet rig you have I love the GS.

whipper

Looked great!! The right lean could be fixed by just adding another 10-15 lbs in the gunnel. I put my counter weights way forward in the gunnel accessed from under the glove box. A couple more things that added to mine leaning to the right were, some props and one time I needed to sand more off the lip on the left side after a repairer. The finishing job wasn't even on both sides.

Your running angle looked pretty good but you might try and get that bow up a little more. Your spray should be even with the top of your cowl and yours was still low. So ya, still a little wet in the stern that also could make you lean to the right. Find some pics of Ziemers running angle and compare it to yours. Theres lots of his and his angle is perfect in most pics. Flat but way up out of the water.

For faster hole shots with a slow trim pump just start more trimmed up so you don't bog when she lays down. She will pop up high for a second then go. Also your motor might be a touch high thats why a little wet? Down with a little more trim might fix this. 1/4 below works on most GS the best with most props. If you get to high you loose thrust and wont carry the hull as well. Easier to over trim also.

All in all you looked great!! Minor details is you wanted to be critiqued.
Hears a pic of Ziemers running well.

Last edited:

aaronmt

I messaged Mike abit ago and told him how I ran the Gs when I had it.Running fast with that much lean is a recipe for disater.I don't think a Grandsport will run 97 that wet and leaning to that extent.I truly think 100mph was possible with my 225x and 7500 limiter,I just never had the perfect conditions to do so.I did see 97.7 with a stock 28 chopper 2 and still was climbing slowly,however I ran out of lake.There's no way 97 would been possible with it. Leaning....

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
hey arron , you callin me a liar? do i have to post pics of my gps recall . as far as 100 with a 225 you are dreaming bro !! a gs with a modded 260 runs 105 thats tuned and setup to perfection. that boat you sold mike was far from setup. you say you saw 97.7 you are full of crap the speedo wasnt even hooked up when he got the boat. you are full of crap!!!!! mike took that boat a long way from when you had it!!!! i know what you said you were sellin and what you sold him!!!! bro i really dont want to slam you but your kinda askin for it with your same old song and dance .

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
ya know bro!!! you really are an arron-gant douchebag!!! i will be sure to keep an eye on your posts an take a crap on em like you do !!!

jas638

Banned
Looked great!! The right lean could be fixed by just adding another 10-15 lbs in the gunnel. I put my counter weights way forward in the gunnel accessed from under the glove box. A couple more things that added to mine leaning to the right were, some props and one time I needed to sand more off the lip on the left side after a repairer. The finishing job wasn't even on both sides.

Your running angle looked pretty good but you might try and get that bow up a little more. Your spray should be even with the top of your cowl and yours was still low. So ya, still a little wet in the stern that also could make you lean to the right. Find some pics of Ziemers running angle and compare it to yours. Theres lots of his and his angle is perfect in most pics. Flat but way up out of the water.

For faster hole shots with a slow trim pump just start more trimmed up so you don't bog when she lays down. She will pop up high for a second then go. Also your motor might be a touch high thats why a little wet? Down with a little more trim might fix this. 1/4 below works on most GS the best with most props. If you get to high you loose thrust and wont carry the hull as well. Easier to over trim also.

All in all you looked great!! Minor details is you wanted to be critiqued.
Hears a pic of Ziemers running well.
hey whip ,thanks brother!!! that pic of z"s boat is my goal!! glad you posted it there arent many gs's that run like that. but i will try to emulate it.just got my jsre 260 drop on back and rigged and runnin.what a beast!!! omg!!!so loud on the hose my neighbors are gonna hate me!!! it is interesting james that you mention prop shaft height , i was running bout even with the pad.i lowered it while running and handling seem to suffer. do you any vids runnin 1/4 below. i wonder where ziemer runs his?

Last edited:

aaronmt

I never said that speedo was used.I used several hand helds.As fas as set up the plate was definately not in the spot I ran the boat.I personaly wouldn't sell a allison with power myself.Simply becouse to atain max speed you should go though the learning process of where to run the engine.As to my speeds and numbers man here can confirm them.I believe wether is a 260/280 or a strong 225 a Gs will only go so fast.The fact is a allison will spin around far before 97 with that sever of a lean and rideing that wet.I'm not thi first to say it.I guess I was just the most open about.A 260 should get the Gs to 105 true but leaning like that will get ya hurt far before that...I guess I need to get me one them "NEW YORK" style gps's.Heck maybe this barge I have now is running 90 as it is.

jas638

Banned
again you are full of crap!!! that video shot had two people in the boat!! 97 all day long!!! dont be jealous bro !!! and as for them newyork gps"s at least they work!!!! not like yours. and bro learn how to type or spell or both!!!! as for your barge you have well thats your problem you bought it !! and when you wake up from that dream of doing 90. i will be out actually doing what i say i do. as for spining my boat not going to happen because i can drive it!!!!! and just for you douchebag i will post pics of my gps!!! so you can eat your words a bit!! hey arron you have proved that you have a big mouth,now prove how big your balls are !!! put a video up of that barge you got!! and put the gps on it .if ya got it workin!! i dare ya!!!! i will have more vids to come!!!!!

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey arron , you callin me a liar? do i have to post pics of my gps recall . as far as 100 with a 225 you are dreaming bro !! a gs with a modded 260 runs 105 thats tuned and setup to perfection. that boat you sold mike was far from setup. you say you saw 97.7 you are full of crap the speedo wasnt even hooked up when he got the boat. you are full of crap!!!!! mike took that boat a long way from when you had it!!!! i know what you said you were sellin and what you sold him!!!! bro i really dont want to slam you but your kinda askin for it with your same old song and dance .
Jeez, sounds like he got a full squirt in your corn flakes. I can confirm the 97.7 with his and my hanhelds. Yeah, the speedo wasn't hooked up because there was no GPS receiver for it. I saw the back of that GS more than I cared to. It sounds like the 2003 boats, for the most part, whether it be a xb or xs, seem to hit the brick wall a little over 100. 225's consistently net mid to upper 90's set up well and it takes a LOT to get past the mid 100s. That boat looked pretty well setup to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uXhNTGg2dU

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
Jeez, sounds like he got a full squirt in your corn flakes. I can confirm the 97.7 with his and my hanhelds. Yeah, the speedo wasn't hooked up because there was no GPS receiver for it. I saw the back of that GS more than I cared to. It sounds like the 2003 boats, for the most part, whether it be a xb or xs, seem to hit the brick wall a little over 100. 225's consistently net mid to upper 90's set up well and it takes a LOT to get past the mid 100s. That boat looked pretty well setup to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uXhNTGg2dU
bro nobody squirted in my corn flakes.i just think he is a bullshit artist! i like the way who ever made the video speeded up the camera in the first frame (shot of the boat) to make it look faster than it was,it is evident because you cant pause the video .ha-ha who is trying to fool who.? not one long high speed pass in that video!! looks like he was still learnin how to drive. lol. hit a little wake and let off. i wouldnt have posted that!!! no where near 90 in that video!!!! decent holeshot not great!!last frame the boat with the camera slowed down as he passed by. bottom line is arron dosent own an allison anymore !!!! so who the f*ck cares what he thinks or says!!!! go find the barge owners forum!!!

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
bro nobody squirted in my corn flakes.i just think he is a bullshit artist! i like the way who ever made the video speeded up the camera in the first frame (shot of the boat) to make it look faster than it was,it is evident because you cant pause the video .ha-ha who is trying to fool who.? not one long high speed pass in that video!! looks like he was still learnin how to drive. lol. hit a little wake and let off. i wouldnt have posted that!!! no where near 90 in that video!!!! last frame the boat with the camera slowed down as he passed by. bottom line is arron dosent own an allison anymore !!!! so who the f*ck cares what he thinks or says!!!! go find the barge owners forum!!!
That was me who made the video with clips from point and shoot cameras. I'm not sure why a couple stutter like that, but they do. No magic here. Most of them shots were just screwin around at the lake. I've got nothin to prove, you just come off like an ***, that's all. He really didn't say anything that wasn't said earlier in the thread. You asked for comments, you got them. I agree with everybody about the starboard lean, get some weight in the port side and hang it out and have fun.

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
That was me who made the video with clips from point and shoot cameras. I'm not sure why a couple stutter like that, but they do. No magic here. Most of them shots were just screwin around at the lake. I've got nothin to prove, you just come off like an ***, that's all.
basically he said i am that i am a liar .have nothing to lie about.also when someone keeps shovin his opinion down your throat yeah i come off like that!!! guy owns an allison for like a couple of seasons and he is an expert!! if he had his boat setup and runnin like z"s i would take his advice. but it doesnt look like anything to special in your video. i am sure others would agree,i am glad you posted it.thanks. i have no beef with you.its all good thanks have fun be safe!!

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
well someone keeps shovin his opinion down your throat yeah i come off like that!!! guy owns an allison for like a couple of seasons and he is an expert!! if he had his boat setup and runnin like z"s i would take his advice. but it doesnt look like anything to special in your video. i am sure others would agree,i am glad you posted it.thanks. i have no beef with you.
Nope, nothin special bout the video, just havin fun there. I've got several great running shots of that boat on my pc, but it's got a virus and I haven't touched it in over a year...wish I could get them up.

xb03fs

Maybe with gobs of HP they can run wet and lean and still run 97. With my puny 200 I have to have it perfectly balanced and running like this to get to 83

And maybe Ima wimp but leaning like that I would be shutting down and redistributing wieght or changing the motor height

Attachments