grand sport videos

ziemer

Cool, 260 makes more sense... :beer:

Thanks for the compliments. If you ever need anything, feel free to shoot me a message. :wink

For ballast I like a full cooler in the rear left compartment. :beer: Also, I carry a 25 shot bag (about the size a pork loin) that I can easily shift around in the gunnels for when I have passengers, or in case I need a little shift of weight alone.

Good luck with the new motor.

Lotus 50

Please keep the discussions polite. I've always liked that the discussions here are cordial, unlike some other boards.

xb03fs

the next vid and pic of gps i post will be over 100mph trust me!!!
Have a chase boat and where your safety gear. Balance the boat ...Mine to fly right seems, there are times I will move a 10 lb tackle bag if I want to make a high speed pass..better safe than sorry, never know when a wave might get in the way. I find driving by a digital GPS lets you know when you have too much engine height or trim. If you stop gaining speed either there is too much trim or too much engine height that and balance has keep me dry If I was just using a recall GPS it would be hard to see what the little changes made. I would have to reset it after each pass to make proper changes

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
Have a chase boat and where your safety gear. Balance the boat ...Mine to fly right seems, there are times I will move a 10 lb tackle bag if I want to make a high speed pass..better safe than sorry, never know when a wave might get in the way. I find driving by a digital GPS lets you know when you have too much engine height or trim. If you stop gaining speed either there is too much trim or too much engine height that and prop balance has keep me dry If I was just using a recall GPS it would be hard to see what the little changes made. I would have to reset it after each pass to make proper changes
i am not a fan of going out for top end runs by myself i always have a buddy boat.i am a new allison owner but have been drivin hydrostreams since i was 19 got out of the hobby to raise a family then stumble on to s'nf and then allison owners always wanted one found a gs sold the wife on the padded deck for sunnin and here i am today again addicted to speed !!!! i blame all you guys!!!! lol-lol. but it is so much dam fun keeps you young!!!!
i want to buy a handheld but there are so many to choose from.i want a simple one,all i will use it for is top end'n. any suggestions on one?

jas638

Banned
i got an idea!!! how bout a video of me drivin with no hands on the wheel at 85+? i have done it.i pretend i am on a roller coaster and when i go by people on other boats watchin i put both hands up in the air...she will let me one hand her till bout 92mph.above that i play safe and two hand her.

jas638

Banned
i have seen many videos where guys use that one ,thanks bro gonna get me one!!

ziemer

HERE IS MY RADIO INSTALL...
Working on my radio install this week...just ordered the speakers. Hope to have everything by the end of the week...

Mine will be slightly different though...a touch more portable. :wink :beer:

whipper

HERE IS MY RADIO INSTALL tucked and hidden in the glove box!!! whip this one is for you i thought you might like this! oh and for anyone that is wondering how i change the radio when i am doin 95+ mounted in dash to the right of the switch panel is an auxillary control for the radio. i dont even have to open the glove box!!! maybe only to change the cd.havent done that yet while i am drivin!!
Nice. Ya thats were mine is also. I did do as Red said and bought some type of plug cable for the back aux of the stereo that my Ipod plugs into. I find other than chillen in the middle of the lake listening to the radio I play tunes on the ipod more now. CD,s skip when driving even on ripped water. Having a radio is nice for local crap to listen to when Im just by my self to listen to the news.

jas638

Banned
Nice. Ya thats were mine is also. I did do as Red said and bought some type of plug cable for the back aux of the stereo that my Ipod plugs into. I find other than chillen in the middle of the lake listening to the radio I play tunes on the ipod more now. CD,s skip when driving even on ripped water. Having a radio is nice for local crap to listen to when Im just by my self to listen to the news.
had the cd player on yesterday showin a friend,sounded great .then put the hose on the motor and started it in the driveway.the cd skipped instantly. the motor shook the whole dam house according to the wife. lol guess that will be for when i am anchored and chillin.

jas638

Banned
Working on my radio install this week...just ordered the speakers. Hope to have everything by the end of the week...

Mine will be slightly different though...a touch more portable. :wink :beer:
i went with polk audio mm-6501 marine series got them on ebay.saved a bunch. i will post a pic z. have too say it hurt me to cut holes in the boat!!! but they fit real nice.

ziemer

i went with polk audio mm-6501 marine series got them on ebay.saved a bunch. i will post a pic z. have too say it hurt me to cut holes in the boat!!! but they fit real nice.

I bought the Polk's too, but went with the DB651's and an 8" DVC Sub... Ebay is great for that type of chit...

I'll post some "install" pics as I make progress...although I won't be cutting any holes... :shock: :big grin :beer:

AMERICAN

Wow I go away for a few days and come back to catch up on all this reading...lol....since my vid is posted Ill make a short commment...ALL Grand Sports have a lean to them its the nature of the beast...if you missed it theres a whole thread on here about that and adding counter weight.......................................http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=9843.............................................................................................. .....(im using lead shot) after playing with the set up all season,i got the boat to run the way I like it,that video on turky day was with some shot in her...and if you look real close at the vid and keep on stopping it as its playing you will see that the boat is running dry and FLAT the way I like it...what you guys dont realize is we do not run our boats on a lake or river , we run on the GREAT SOUTH BAY which has endless room to run the boats,when we go out to run the boats from the time we put them in the water till the time we take them out of the water(which is usually when the gas tank is empty) we have the peddle to the metal..lol...and thats no BS..we just dont max out the GSP then stop ,we stay on it and run the course which is about 6-8 miles one way of our course..... we only slow down when we cross channel inlets....if I did not like the GS I would buy a SS with the seat in the middle but thats not what Im looking for at this time I like the room in the GS.....and Im sure anyone who owns one knows what Im talking about....This year John will be running his New JSRE motor and Ill be running my other Fresh 225 PROMAX ..Ill let you know how fast John is running when I get a chance to look behind me....lol...:LMAO:

Last edited:

AMERICAN

I messaged Mike abit ago and told him how I ran the Gs when I had it.Running fast with that much lean is a recipe for disater.I don't think a Grandsport will run 97 that wet and leaning to that extent.I truly think 100mph was possible with my 225x and 7500 limiter,I just never had the perfect conditions to do so.I did see 97.7 with a stock 28 chopper 2 and still was climbing slowly,however I ran out of lake.There's no way 97 would been possible with it. Leaning....
One more thing.....Arron,maybe you forgot about that last phone conversation we had .....Ill remind you Im not your friend and im not your buddy stay away from my post and any post relating to me...if you have a need to tell me something you have my address and telephone number....

jas638

Banned
Wow I go away for a few days and come back to catch up on all this reading...lol....since my vid is posted Ill make a short commment...ALL Grand Sports have a lean to them its the nature of the beast...if you missed it theres a whole thread on here about that and adding counter weight..(im using lead shot) after playing with the set up all season,i got the boat to run the way I like it,that video on turky day was with some shot in her...and if you look real close at the vid and keep on stopping it as its playing you will see that the boat is running dry and FLAT the way I like it...what you guys dont realize is we do not run our boats on a lake or river , we run on the GREAT SOUTH BAY which has endless room to run the boats,when we go out to run the boats from the time we put them in the water till the time we take them out of the water(which is usually when the gas tank is empty) we have the peddle to the metal..lol...and thats no BS..we just dont max out the GSP then stop ,we stay on it and run the course which is about 6-8 miles one way of our course..... we only slow down when we cross channel inlets....if I did not like the GS I would buy a SS with the seat in the middle but thats not what Im looking for at this time I like the room in the GS.....and Im sure anyone who owns one knows what Im talking about....This year John will be running his New JSRE motor and Ill be running my other Fresh 225 PROMAX ..Ill let you know how fast John is running when I get a chance to look behind me....lol...:LMAO:
the other thing is that driving in our bay isnt easy at all there is heavy traffic from really big boats 30-40-50 footers that throw massive wakes. some of our canals are wider than some of the rivers people with these boats run in.

jas638

Banned
One more thing.....Arron,maybe you forgot about that last phone conversation we had .....Ill remind you Im not your friend and im not your buddy stay away from my post and any post relating to me...if you have a need to tell me something you have my address and telephone number....
hey ram ,forgive but isnt this my post lol!!!!

jas638

Banned
I bought the Polk's too, but went with the DB651's and an 8" DVC Sub... Ebay is great for that type of chit...

I'll post some "install" pics as I make progress...although I won't be cutting any holes... :shock: :big grin :beer:
very cool cant wait to see the install. load some pics on this post .would luv to see them!!!! are you gonna run an amp too?