grand sport videos

whipper

hey whip ,thanks brother!!! that pic of z"s boat is my goal!! glad you posted it there arent many gs's that run like that. but i will try to emulate it.just got my jsre 260 drop on back and rigged and runnin.what a beast!!! omg!!!so loud on the hose my neighbors are gonna hate me!!! it is interesting james that you mention prop shaft height , i was running bout even with the pad.i lowered it while running and handling seem to suffer. do you any vids runnin 1/4 below. i wonder where ziemer runs his?
I know quite a few guys say they run 1/4 below best? Ive find and sure they do also it sometimes varies with differant props. Im prety sure Zimi runs 1/4 below to even also if I recall. Todd and JR to. I never go lower but have gone up to as high as 1/4 above. But really around that 1/4 below to even at the highest seems best. At 1/4 below with a trophy or a chopper11 you can get the hull up like Ziemers pic pretty easy above 85mph+. My fav all round props are 25 pitch 4 blades by far. With your 260 now talk to Todd because he has some props that hook up even with 4 on board with his GS. I think the 260 guys love the 26incher 3 bladers with the high revers. Wish I had a 260 in a bad way now. Thats my next investment if I can ever get cought up!!

jas638

Banned
Maybe with gobs of HP they can run wet and lean and still run 97. With my puny 200 I have to have it perfectly balanced and running like this to get to 83

And maybe Ima wimp but leaning like that I would be shutting down and redistributing wieght or changing the motor height
i think the pic looks great!! also i respect you for for the fact that you say the boat runs 83. from the pic it looks like you could be doin 90+. and who would know? but whats the sense in bullshitting right? which is why i get a little testy when some guy chimes in that what i am sayin is not possible .
like he wrote a book or something.i wouldnt say theres anything puny bout 200hp.as far as the lean i think it is up to the individual driving the boat and how big his balls are and how fast ya wanna go. if a boat runs 90+ all day long with a little lean and dont turn on ya and your happy with that so be it.if your not then shut it down and add some weight. no brainer right.

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
i think the pic looks great!! also i respect you for for the fact that you say the boat runs 83. from the pic it looks like you could be doin 90+. and who would know? but whats the sense in bullshitting right? which is why i get a little testy when some guy chimes in that what i am sayin is not possible .
like he wrote a book or something.i wouldnt say theres anything puny bout 200hp.as far as the lean i think it is up to the individual driving the boat and how big his balls are and how fast ya wanna go. if a boat runs 90+ all day long with a little lean and dont turn on ya and your happy with that so be it.if your not then shut it down and add some weight. no brainer right.
okay now with that being said: i will let it be known I AM AWARE THAT THE BOAT IS LEANING SO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TELLING ME OVER AND OVER!! thanks fellow allison owners-and barge owner. what i am know asking is ,what allison you have and what prop shaft height you run. lets start an interesting topic of discussion.i think this will help the forum

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
hey whip here she is just got it back monday from jsre started it and ran it yesterday its a beast it roars!!! put a drystacked tuner under it with an offshore smooth back.

Attachments

Last edited:

whipper

That otta do it!!:big grin
Jay builds sweet motors for sure. At 1/4 bellow to even with a sweet 26 your going to have a ball this summer!!

propmanjay

Please lets keep this a family rated board. I don't think Arron ment you any harm. If you are going 97 with the attitude of the boat it will soon go around. It will be much easyer to handle with less wetted surface. Remember most of the people thought to be good Allison drivers on this board have turned there's around. Some on purpose. Good luck with the 260 it should wake it up some on the top. Have fun and be safe.

xb03fs

. what i am know asking is ,what allison you have and what prop sahft height you run. lets start an interesting topic of discussion.i think this will help the forum
Granted I am just a beginner, but it seems every prop I have tried likes a little different height. and the same prop likes a different height with different loads.

For example, yesterday in some very cold conditions 37 degrees, I tried a NEW to me prop, a labbed, 27 Hydro OT. I ran two up, me 220 in the front, buddy 180 in the back, tm on, two batteries and a light load of misc items.
Best of the day 82.2, about 3/8" under. It was very stable. I tried higher as my 26 X-OT likes to run close to even with that load. I couldn't get it over 78/79 that high the nose just wasn't responsive to trim so I didn't push.

When he went to get the trailer, I did a couple quick bursts. felt tow low at that point. Raised it to about 1/4" under and the prop came alive acceleration almost seems twice as quick, and I busted 80 without even having getting to the really light airy feeling in a smallish area by the ramp. I think it will definatly put up a new best speed when I get to play by myself.

ziemer

I can see where the skepticism comes from with 97, two people, and a 225...so don't get all outta shape, especially after seeing the attitude of how your boat is running, and 97 is with a mile or two of comparable 225 promax GS's with a single person. Not saying it didn't do it, but you get what I'm saying.

Best I'll see with 2 people is 102, but I really don't like running all out with passengers...

As far as mine...the motor is somewhere above the pad. Haven't measured it in awhile but I think it's 1/4" ish, and that's with only an 8 1/2" plate.

With my 28" it'll turn right around 8000-8100 at 105-106... Btw, my 260 is stock, other than a 1" spacer, A-6 box, and 34 cc heads. The rotator is as it came from Mercury. :beer:

That pic of mine is probably running 80 or so, a little high, but it'll lay back down around 100, just gotta have the balls to stay in it... :big grin

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
I can see where the skepticism comes from with 97, two people, and a 225...so don't get all outta shape, especially after seeing the attitude of how your boat is running, and 97 is with a mile or two of comparable 225 promax GS's with a single person. Not saying it didn't do it, but you get what I'm saying.

Best I'll see with 2 people is 102, but I really don't like running all out with passengers...

As far as mine...the motor is somewhere above the pad. Haven't measured it in awhile but I think it's 1/4" ish, and that's with only an 8 1/2" plate.

With my 28" it'll turn right around 8000-8100 at 105-106... Btw, my 260 is stock, other than a 1" spacer, A-6 box, and 34 cc heads. The rotator is as it came from Mercury. :beer:

That pic of mine is probably running 80 or so, a little high, but it'll lay back down around 100, just gotta have the balls to stay in it... :big grin
no z, i have a (had a) tired 260 on that day. red gs. i had two people . mike (ram) was single with 225 promax. my gps read 97. sorry i should have made this all clear.but i am happy you took the time to post.i really admire your driving skill and the way you run your gs. definately you have one of the baddest (meaning good) if not the baddest gs on any forum.

jas638

Banned
Granted I am just a beginner, but it seems every prop I have tried likes a little different height. and the same prop likes a different height with different loads.

For example, yesterday in some very cold conditions 37 degrees, I tried a NEW to me prop, a labbed, 27 Hydro OT. I ran two up, me 220 in the front, buddy 180 in the back, tm on, two batteries and a light load of misc items.
Best of the day 82.2, about 3/8" under. It was very stable. I tried higher as my 26 X-OT likes to run close to even with that load. I couldn't get it over 78/79 that high the nose just wasn't responsive to trim so I didn't push.

When he went to get the trailer, I did a couple quick bursts. felt tow low at that point. Raised it to about 1/4" under and the prop came alive acceleration almost seems twice as quick, and I busted 80 without even having getting to the really light airy feeling in a smallish area by the ramp. I think it will definatly put up a new best speed when I get to play by myself.
hey bro ,i too am a beginner. i bought my boat in sept 09. last year was my first full season. and you are correct in my opinion on props.

jas638

Banned
Please lets keep this a family rated board. I don't think Arron ment you any harm. If you are going 97 with the attitude of the boat it will soon go around. It will be much easyer to handle with less wetted surface. Remember most of the people thought to be good Allison drivers on this board have turned there's around. Some on purpose. Good luck with the 260 it should wake it up some on the top. Have fun and be safe.
yeah i really dont want to come off like a mean or bad guy i hear ya on that family thing. i am a dad so i get it. but i am not a liar.thats why i got testy i think anybody would. some guys are bull- crap artists i am not.never have been and never will be.

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
It was a wee bit wet. The right lean scares me. If it were left I'd give it a couple bumps and it would go away. Both my SS and XR don't like more trim with a right lean. The SS would try and turn around on if you bump it with a right lean on the top. It is a sweet rig you have I love the GS.
hey jay great comment! this is the stuff i am lookin for. yes you are thinkin what i thought. i am a little wet (red gs) i know i got some hidden mph there . i have removed some weight from the back. went to a manual jack plate hydrodynamics rapidjack magnum. much lighter than the hyd cmc.tighter setup too.also going from 10.5 to 12 inch of setback.

GotMyAlly

Are you running any ballast? My experience is with fishin' boats, but usually it takes some weight on the left side to offset the drivers weight. In my case, 2 group 27 batts and a cooler on the left. Probably take a couple shot bags on the left side to compensate.

jas638

Banned
Are you running any ballast? My experience is with fishin' boats, but usually it takes some weight on the left side to offset the drivers weight. In my case, 2 group 27 batts and a cooler on the left. Probably take a couple shot bags on the left side to compensate.
i am adding a 2nd small odessy battery to the left rear. to run the radio. not that i am gonna hear it with the jsre 260. started the motor with the cd running and it did nothing but skip !!!LOL

jas638

Banned
the pics are in the next couple of post ,they didnt load.

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

cd players and rough water don't mix too well. Ipod directly connected to an amp was my solution. Out of site, protected from the elements, and never skips.

jas638

Banned
here are the pics. the gps reading is 96-97 borderline. guess when i am going that fast lookin at all and everything else around me its hard to get a 100% accurate read. but i dont think + or _ 1 mph makes me a bullcrapper. now you all saw the vid i was drivin my bro was taping IN THE BOAT!!!! AND ME AND RAM WERE SIDE BY SIDE CRUSING FOR AT LEAST 3-5 MILES OF BAY!!!!!!!! I AM 235LBS AND MY BRO IS 215LBS.and we are all muscle!!!!!LOL, RAM might get upset if i disclose his personal info so thats up to him!

Attachments

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
HERE IS MY RADIO INSTALL tucked and hidden in the glove box!!! whip this one is for you i thought you might like this! oh and for anyone that is wondering how i change the radio when i am doin 95+ mounted in dash to the right of the switch panel is an auxillary control for the radio. i dont even have to open the glove box!!! maybe only to change the cd.havent done that yet while i am drivin!!

Attachments

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
the next vid and pic of gps i post will be over 100mph trust me!!!