Great Day

Larry XR2001

Meet Lou & Louis at the Allison plant and then on to Watts Bar meet up with Joe Harrell for a great day on the water. Thanks to everyone for making Heather and I feel good today.

Lou & Louis thanks for showing Heather the fast side of an Allison and then the driving lesson she talked all the way home.

Joe thank you for giving us a ride had a blast tell Matt I missed not getting to see him. I will have to get the red boat and come down your way.

Thanks to everyone
Larry

Allyfishing

Larry, Jenn and I were so excited to see you again!! Thanks for taking the time to come see us. and that Heather is a real pistol!!!! LOL!!!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Larry,
Seeing you and meeting Heather in person was the high point of our visit to Tennessee.

I am having Louis type this as we drive to Jackson to meet Red Allison.

It was really cool of Heather to rig up that surprise for both of us and great to finally see the Moose Lodge that I have heard about so much.

Heather is nothing but too much fun to have around and she was a natural born Allison pilot. Allisonman thought he was really giving it to us when he hollered out, "let her drive it on the way back!" So what could I say? I briefly instructed her on how to work the trim and explain that the boat would start to chime walk around 65, thinking she would be intimidated by the rocking and back out of the gas, therefore I did not tell her HOW TO SLOW DOWN! So here it is, we get up to about 68, the boat starts to walk, and immediately Louis goes port side of the driver's seat and helps her though the walk and starts flying the trim!

The next thing I know, we're going 82 mile and hour up the lake and I'm in the back seat thinking this is going to be the story of the rally.

Thoughts of flying like superman and skipping stones across water as a youth filled my mind. From the back seat, I hollered at Louis, "I do no wish to die today!" Especially when I saw him let go of the wheel and Heather kept driving the boat at 82+.

Fortunately Louis took the wheel again and trimmed the boat down as he told her to ease off the gas so a good time was had by all and there were no injuries or deaths.

Later, I told Heather how dangerous it was to drive like that the very first time and she replied, "I'm not gonna hurt ya honey" and then I explained to her that I had not told her how to slow down and what could happen if the boat fell to one side at speed. She replied, "Well, I don't care if I get spit out of this here boat and go swimming so its all good" She is now hooked; she views the risk/reward benefit of driving an Allison same as we all do.

I have never met such an amazing first time Allison natural and with a wonderful personality combined.

Now.. Y'all MUST make it to Clifton, because our visit there will be incomplete without you and Heather instigating major fun!

Larry, thank you for trusting me and making the request of me to take Heather into triple digits. That meant a lot to me. It was so good to see you and looking forward to seeing you hopefully in July.

Tell Heather the lessons will continue in Clifton.

biller31

Wormy, it was great to see you man! I'm sure I'll see you again soon. Lou, we were definitely all thinking the same as you when you let Heather drive. Glad you lived.

Larry XR2001

Ben I did not realize how much I missed you guys and all the fun. I am going to figure out away to get involved again. It was great to get back with the Allison family.

Larry

etnprop

Larry it was great to get to spend some time together again..... get that red boat dusted off and lets get out there and ride some! Joe