had a little scare last time out w/ throttle

suicidealli

not bad but it had my attention. i let out of the throttle, and my big a$$ foot got stuck. the toe of my sandle hit the brace under the deck, so i was stuck about 1/2 throttle.. i kinda yanked my foot out.. i moved the hotfoot forward about 2" yesterday. has anyone else ran accross this . xb 2002 center steer.

roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

So Roy what's the problem? Half-throttle for you is only about 75... I fail to see the problem LOL!!!!

xb03fs

I tend to be barefoot in the boat, My sandels come off as soon as I get in the boat...its better for the seats as well. If its too cold to be barefoot, I am in tennis shoes and I just click the slide back one or two clicks...

suicidealli

i use to go barefoot til my pinky toe got stuck in the hotfoot.. now i stick on a shoe or a sandle on. lol yeah i was running in the 70's when it happened.
roy

bringit

im glad to hear that im not the only one thats done that!only i was coming to a set of yacht waves!had to get another seat skin,couldnt get the stain out!

Bobalouie

I assume your hotfoot is mounted on the raised pad on the right? Mine is mounted on the floor just in front of the foot brace that runs across to that pad. I havent hung my foot up on anything with it there, but at 6 ft tall, it does make it a little cramped, but I got used to it.

Scott in MN

Haven't had it happen in my XB but did it twice in one night in an XR01. Motor was set too high and I was wringin it out, end of run my foot hung up and I yanked it out, she came around. Two runs later same thing happened. Blamed it on my big work shoes, I usually wear smaller water shoes.

Jr in Jax

I have had my hotfoot stick, the spring break and the plastic housing wear through on my throttle cable in the rear where the Dealer bent it too tight. I now check it every season. Right now my lanyard for the kill switch is stuck through the hot foot from the wind blowing it around. I might have to cut the end off to get it free.

ziemer

I have had my hotfoot stick, the spring break.
Been there...Was coming home one day on St. Johns with it matted, and heard that nice "ping!" I was like...hmmm, what was that sound??? Realized what is was when I went to let off... :gasp :gasp Not a good feeling at 98.5 mph (we were going for 100mph with 3 people...)

No spring = cruise control. :beer: