Here it is: Allison xst

GotMyAlly

Those stickers look better than I was expecting. I'm not a fan of a single console boat, having been a passenger in one in bad weather will do that to you. But it's a good looking boat for the money. Is the 175 part of the $49k package?

Darth VMAX

Nancy mentioned they are still trying to figure out exactly what comes in the base pkg. She was saying that this will be more of a "custom" style boat than anything else they offer. Channel/single axel trailer will be standard (as well as on the BasSport PRO) and a few other things. You can go as fancy as you want or keep it low-frills for "Upper 40's" with no exact set base price yet.

She laughed when I called because she had just hung up the phone with the webmaster saying the XST info was up and running on the web-site. I told her people would be fired up over this!

GotMyAlly

I bet if you were to fancy it up, you'd be back near the cost of any other 21.

I just hope they don't cheapen it up to much, make it look cheesy, and end up with a Nitro-like line that hurts the brand reputation.......

GotMyAlly

I really like the front deck. Looks like it will be lighter in the bow. The cockpit looks further back... May be designed that way for less HP.. Don't know..
Looks just like the bassport pro 2-seater to me, except with a deck lid where the passenger console would be. The seats are definitely further back than the 2+2 or prosport, but that's the way the 2-seater is today and from all accounts it's slower than the other two with more forward seating.

GotMyAlly

In fact, here's a pic of a bassport pro with a single console....looks identical in layout.

The consoles are modular anyway I believe. You just don't ever see anybody order a single.

MWest77

Four seat option would be an XTB all over again. Would be an awesome fish and ski deal if only you could get the 175 Merc and 2 more seats at $49,000. Can't see paying that much for a boat with no motor. No way that's happening in the blue collar world.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Four seat option would be an XTB all over again. Would be an awesome fish and ski deal if only you could get the 175 Merc and 2 more seats at $49,000. Can't see paying that much for a boat with no motor. No way that's happening in the blue collar world.
Good point MWest - but IMO hard to see Darris dropping the price from $50k+ for an XB21 from last year to $34-35k this year for just the base stripped hull. Not enough bling to cut $15 k off the price, especially if the price increase they were planning was offset by reduced bling. UNLESS he is going for broke and planning 5x more hulls per year to cover all the fixed costs... In that case I'm with GMA.... Hope these changes don't weaken the brand appeal with peeling wrap etc. part of the Ally aura is that we are not driving cookie-cutters... Just my $0.02...

MWest77

I totally agree. A wrap is pretty cheesy for even the cheapest Allison. The $50k was without a motor wasn't it? Don't bash me for lookin but I was getting a few items from bass pro the other day and the Nitro z9 fully loaded with all the options, with a Merc Pro XS 200 was like $40k. In today's market, these premium boat guys are going to have to make an affordable boat, WITH a motor, or risk going under. Not that people have less money right now but are making smarter purchases. I want an XB21 2+2 and I make good money but no freaking way I'd ever buy a $50k boat with no motor. Jmho.

MWest77

You have an awesome boat by the way! Please don't take what I said wrong. Certainly if I made $200k a year, I would be ordering mine tomorrow. Kids got one foot out the door now so I may be in the market sooner than I think.

rmills280

it was said over on the other board that the price included the motor at the boat show

Alli-drenaline Rush

You have an awesome boat by the way! Please don't take what I said wrong. Certainly if I made $200k a year, I would be ordering mine tomorrow. Kids got one foot out the door now so I may be in the market sooner than I think.
No offense taken at all Mike. Just offering one opinion, and you know what opinions are like!!!! Bare Pro hulls last year were $50 k or so.... Question is this.... does no lights, no jackplate, no electronics, no gel-coat color, no passenger console, no dual axle trailer, no e-ped plus 2013 price increase equate to overall $15-$16 k price cut?

MWest77

Gotta wonder what the mark-up is too. I've been seeing more and more "hand laid" boats going for a ton less money. Of course I would buy a good used Allison before I would buy something else. Just saying the line is getting harder to see now that the cookie cutters are using our terms to sale their boats.

GotMyAlly

If the price includes a 175, I think that's a mistake. Sure, you and i know this boat with a 175 will outrun most cookie cutters with a 225. But your average bubba looks at this with a 175 and a cookie cutter with a 225, knowing nothing about the hulls, he's going to assume the cookie cutter is faster because the motor says 225 on the cowl. And that's what he's gonna take home, if price is the same.

suicidealli

I think Allison is doing what people have been asking. Make an allison more affordable. In this economy, gas prices, I say they will be selling some of these.
Like Neal said I hope the quality is there.. I would think it would be.. Everything has been to date...
Did anyone get average top speed with the 175?

Roy

racerx

I think they should of put red shoes on the fisherman,woulda make the deck look bigger.....

GotMyAlly

I think Allison is doing what people have been asking. Make an allison more affordable. In this economy, gas prices, I say they will be selling some of these.
Like Neal said I hope the quality is there.. I would think it would be.. Everything has been to date...
Did anyone get average top speed with the 175?

Roy
I've driven a 2+2 with a 175 opti. Standard LU, no cone, it ran 76-77 with a one man fishing load as best as I remember.