Here it is: Allison xst

mdevrow

They are High?? Boats No Doubt about IT, 1999 Center Steer XB 2002/225Promax Combo was 30g's 14 yrs ago and there's still some XB 02/ promax Combos that look almost new and will FLY , Handle very rough water, and best of all Drag race with the best of them.Never have driven another Bass Boat!! Still JMO nothing to Compare with
the Performance of the Allison Craft.....................................................................

SmallJaw

I have no idea how many BassPorts are being bought right now but the economy has to be hurting the market. I've owned business's for a long time and if it takes stripping the boat down to get it affordable to fishermen and to keep Darius's enterprise afloat I say all power to him and Nancy. I do like the idea of having something everybody on the lake don't run, but I'm comfortable in my ride one way or the other. I don't see enough difference in the layout other than the single console to make a big difference there. A guy could buy the base, stripped down model and as he got the cash, add most of the luxuries back to the boat.:smile:gone fishing

RobShaw-BasSport

There were several comments above that caught my attention..."channel trailer" and "modular consoles"...I pray to the good Lord above that Darris has seen the light with these damned pos painted tube trailers...however i'm pretty sure the modular console comment was in error (;

Darth VMAX

I think this will prove to be a very smart step for Darris and Nancy. However, no matter how hard you try you will never make everyone happy.

Again, some of these things are not set-in-stone as of yet. They are just exploring different possibilities.

xb03fs

I can see a single color hull significantly drecraseing the cost due to a lot less skill and labor being needed to manufacture the hull. The luxery items like the E-ped, and headlings probably are not where the significant cost difference is. Most likely due to the layup schedule bieng much easier and quicker.

Alli-drenaline Rush

A $49k combo price suggests a hull price of $37k.... (Optimax 175s are $12k). It will be interesting to learn how Darris squeezed $12k or 25% out of production costs when the base no-frills XB21 last year before the 2013 price increase was stickered at $48.8k..... Not that it makes a hill of beans to me, but I'm not sure that it is a $49k package price....

MWest77

My wife says she likes our XTB layout better than the others even with the wind in her face. Talked to her about the XST as a possible future replacement for it and she says she likes ours better. If mommas happy, everyone is happy I guess. Although, if a 2 + 2 was to come up one day for the right price at the right time, I may have to persuade her to change her mind!

SmallJaw

Let's all chant together: "it's all about the hull and motor, it's all about the hull and motor........" LOL. I just cannot in my wildest imagination see Darius not continuing to build the best finished bass boat in the world when the new model is ready to really turn out in bigger numbers. I don't think it is possible to please everybody anyway, including me, but I give Darius and Nancy kudos for trying to make the greatest boat, performance and utility wise, available for a bigger crowd. They may flop some in their efforts but at least the effort is there. Look at the zillion post here and on other bass fishing or bass boat sites over the last few years and almost every post about the BassPort or the 2+2 ends with something said by the person posting that they "probably will never be able to afford one". I love my boat and the unique things about it, but I would like to see more of my bass boat loving buddies here and elsewhere be able to afford one when the day comes to buy a new boat.:wink

Darth VMAX

I am dumbfounded that anyone who knows anything of the anal rententivness that Darris has over his boats would suggest he would "cheapen" up the manufacturing of these boats.
Ain't gonna happen Captain.....

I think this is also a way to include a line of single console boats. Fact is, even with a 250, he still has a rig priced with the rest of the competition. Which is what EVERYONE was wanting. By eliminating some of the whistles he has played down to the competitors and fallen in line as a pricing standpoint with them. This doesnt mean the construction will suffer...

Alli-drenaline Rush

I am dumbfounded that anyone who knows anything of the anal rententivness that Darris has over his boats would suggest he would "cheapen" up the manufacturing of these boats.
Ain't gonna happen Captain.....
I can confirm, Darth. I still don't have my windshields, although they should be coming soon. I heard from either Key Puckett or Bill (prolly Bill) that the holes drilled to attach the w/s to the consoles were off by 50 thousandths - and that wasn't good enough for Darris. So I don't believe that he cheapened up the boat to meet some under-50 combo price point. He's happy making a handful each year of the best boats in the market, and cutting a feature here and there was a way to deal with the fact that he hasn't had a price increase since 2011, despite material, labor and fixed cost increases all along the way. Truth be told, any new boat is darned expensive, and he is doing what he can to keep it affordable within the constraints of his nature and what his Company name stands for. Heck, even new cookie-cutters are $70-$80k.... Again, just my $0.02....

ADR

catfish123

I didn't even think Bullet boats were any where near $70000 to $80000 so what "cookie cutter" boats are you referring to that sell for that much???

Alli-drenaline Rush

I didn't even think Bullet boats were any where near $70000 to $80000 so what "cookie cutter" boats are you referring to that sell for that much???
2012 Houston boat show. New ranger with 250 as I recall - $70. New gambler with 350 Verado -$80

Will look for photos later tonight (visual confirmation).

New pimped-out XB21 BasSport Pro with hi-po motor is in that range. Data source: Bass & Walleye Boats article...