How do others describe your boat?

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found this on a local fishing forum. I know he was asking about me because I talked to him just before I launched and there was nobody else around:

were you in the white Bassboat,,that was able fly just above the waters surface?? I got to the ramp about 4pm yesterday?? That was my aprx. time,,& I was walking to my boat,,after parking my truck/trailer,, & said Hi,, to the man that had just arrived to put in,,,, Whatever,, that boat was MOVIN'!! when he roared up to the 224 bridge!!It was about 15secs.,,from the point leaving Bonner Rd.Bay,,to 224!! Nice HotRod!!

It made me chuckle.

Darth VMAX

"that boat looks pretty fast. But you only have a 200. My Ranger has a 225 so I think I can take you"

Westy

I get " Wow, that boat looks really fast what's it run like 75MPH". I just thank them and say yeah it'll run 75 MPH.

ROBERT CROSS

I get " Wow, that boat looks really fast what's it run like 75MPH". I just thank them and say yeah it'll run 75 MPH.
How fast is it?.....I just say 82 knots, that usually ends it.

"...a bit old for that boat ain't 'ya?"
"maybe...but theres' no wrinkles go'n 80" :razz

Bob
:cool:

Last edited:

fasterbass

nice boat. thanks.`bet it's fast. It runs ok .my brotherinlaw has bass boat that runs over a hundred.I bet ya`all have a lot of fun in it. yeah,he just put a stainless steel prop on it ,now it`ll really go.(in thinkin yeah probably65 or 70 maybe)but Im nice and smile and tell him to be careful at those really high speeds.Iget in my tahoe amd he comes to my window and descrbes almost chimewalking for another ten minutes and I better lookout for his blah blah blah. as i smile and slowly pull away from the pump.Damn I hate going to the gas station!

SmallJaw

I don't know if you could say it was what other say describing my boat as much as the first question and then a comment. 1st Question after walking around it for a couple of minutes looking inside and underneath is always: How fast will it go?. Then the Comment: That's a good looking boat. I didn't know they were layed out so good inside. Oh, there is one other question that gets asked a lot which is: Does it handle rough water good?:laughing

suicidealli

My friends watched me learn how to drive my first ally. After a lot of attempts, they figured I was going to kill myself... I washed the sides a lot. The big allison decal on the side of it ripped off from washing the sides... They named the boat suicidealli. Kinda stuck..lmao
I'm a little better now, atleast I haven't ripped off any decals since then..lmao they just figure I'm crazy... Some won't ride with me...lol tell me there isn't any boat in the water.. I tell them it is faster that way... To much friction riding on the water...lol

Roy

allimax

I'm finding you can tell the guys that know what an Allison is because they won't look at her and the don't say nothing.:big grin

njj502

I had a guy come up to me this summer and say, "Man, I ain't seen an Allison Craft in years!!"

Guy had one back in the 70's with a tower o power then went to a V6 a few years after they came out. Really cool dude, helped me load the GS up since I was by myself.

I do love the guys that say, Man that looks fast! My quick reply is always... It is :)

reward69

Lets see;

Hey is that your cornflake at the dock. (Ranger sled owner)

That thing run over 100? My smart A$$ says yeah but I have to take my hat off anything over 90!!

Hey can I look inside your boat, that thing is awesome?

What are those things on the front?? Lights?? COOL!!

My personal favorite: Love the boat but how does your fatass brother in law fit in those seats??

90 5.0

my favorite comment of all time was from a guy at a ramp tell me that my boat looked fast, and he bet it would really move if I had a big motor like on the other bass boats he see's around

I have a 15" motor LOLOLOL

suicidealli

I have had so many guys over the years ask me all kinds of crazy stuff.. Anymore at the gas station I try not to make eye contact with guys looking.. If they walk over then I talk to them..lol. Anymore I don't even tell them a number, unless they really ask.. I just say yeah it runs purdy good.. The real old guys are a blast to talk too.. You get to hear the real old story's. The SS or the drag really gets the attention.. The 2002 not so much unless I have the race ferhing on.. At the boat ramp I get attention when it fires up.. When they see you running and then meet at the dock you get the 20 questions..

FlatOutAlly

Best one I've gotten was from a DNR guy that pulled in behind me to launch one day. Couple in front of us, so he gets out and start leaning over the rubrail with all his hardware attached (pens and ticket books) and starts hummmming "I don't think I've ever seen one of these??" Then damn near climbs in the boat to read the infamous plate, and then it's on. "That says 150 maximum horsepower. This ain't no 150 back here like I've ever seen before." While ignoring the opportunity to discuss horsepowers, I carefully read the small stuff he couldn't see to him. Twice. "Well I don't care about that. All I see an overpowered boat." And it went on from there and got worse. In the end knowing I was leaving, in the vein of his level of ignorance, I asked if life jackets were required on this pool? He did kind of chuckle, but still unknowingly. I went up to the next pool. Problem solved. Fossil fuel burned.

fnshrmaster

I had an "older woman" stop me this summer and wanted to take some photos to send to her brother. Come to find out she once lived by the factory. I told her I bought the boat in Maryville and she corrected me. Its maraville. She said that's the fastest bass boat made.

She was in her late 70s, I got a kick out of that and the southern English lesson.

Last edited:

champ198

I'm always asked "how fast will it go". I say I've had it to 91 and I always add and "it rides better than my Champion". That always throws them.