HP rating plates

TAC44

I know this has been discussed before but I cant find the post. I would like to get the new plate that says 225hp. I just bought my Alli today and would like to change this. I fish alot of tournaments and some of the guys would love to complian if they got beat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RedAllison

Tac do you have an XB21? If so then call Todd at the factory and he can set you up with the newer "225 Plate". If you have anyother model, I don't know of Darris ever putting one of those plates on the smaller stuff. I guess it's worth an ask tho!

If all else fails, get it squared away with the Tourney Director first. In most cases the "NOT RATED by the Coast Guard OR the Manfacturer" will suffice.
RA

WildWolf

Just wondering I saw you asking about a XB2003 with a rebuilt pwr head that I was watching also.
Congrats on the new ride. :beer:

WW

TAC44

Yeah I bought from a guy named Paul Ford in Huntsville, AL. We drove up last night and when we met this morning I drove and fell in love with it. I bought it on the spot. Just gonna take some seat time to cure that walking aroung 70mph.

WildWolf

TAC44

Cool ya got her wet . Are they quick steering? can ya feel it "Seat of the pants". Out west here its Tritons,Rangers and Skeeters all big,heavy and slow handling. I had a 363 Ranger Comanche, Suzuki 150 15 years ago. Time to get back in want a XB03 got to wait till spring been watching the 2 RED ones on here. If you get a chance put up a pic or two. :beer:

WW

TAC44

Yeah it sets you back in the seat when you get on it. This is my first Allison, but I first rode in one about two years ago.Had to have one ever since. I'll try to get some pics on here, just not real good at these computers.

flatout

Its all in the wording of your local rules. I had this come up once and the rule stated that you could not exceed the "rated" HP. I was ok after explaining that over 20 ft the coast guard doesnt "rate " them. Had the wording stated must not exceed "recommended" HP then you're screwed unless you did like I did with my 03 and put 150 decals on the cowl of my 96 ProMax. I even ordered the 150 decal for the CPU just in case they wanted to take a look. My XB21 now has 225 stickers on my motor. I asked for the new sticker for the boat that has 225 MAX on it and it was sent to me no charge.
HG

fishnfireman

The only way Darris will send you a new sticker for the 225 rated 21 ftr----- is after you send him the old one !!

Also the decals won't fool anyone with much knowledge about a Mercury mtr.

The little motor ID plate which has the year model, serial # etc. which is in plain site ----also shows the horsepower of the motor.

TAC44

Im not trying to hide the fact that its got a 225 on it. I just wondered if I could get the new 225hp plate for an XB03

JR

I think Darris would sell quite a few more boats if they would quit playing "dumb" on the ratings for their boats. Chevy doesn't put any thing like that on a 500HP Corvette. It really impacts the tourney-fishermen and getting insurance/financing on their products.
JR

jimmyb

+2 hence the major reason my sorry butt is in a bullet right now

Ronnie

I tryed to get a 225hp. sticker or even a 200 sticker for my xtb-21 and Allison said no. Around here even the small local tournys don't really care what the Coast Guard sticker says they want to see the max.hp from the boat builder.So i'm stuck with 85-175 hp.On a 40 mile run at blast off and I don't care what kind of older Allison ya got the 225's and 250's on most of the other boats are gonna smoke ya.

Last edited:

JR

Talk to Jeff Ziemer [Mr Graphics] about producing you an "Unlimited" sticker which cites the Coast Guard Rule. It is your boat, I would just save the old sticker in case you sell it.
JR