HP rating plates

fishnfireman

As for running "cookie cutter" or mainstream boats in tournaments. Had i been in a triton (any old triton) during my tournaments this last year, i would have made nearly $16000 in cold, hard cash from their incentive programs. Am I thinking of switching? yep... that 16K could have easily paid for a year of college for one of my kids or got me 1/2 way towards an allison xb21. My dream boat is still an Allison XB21, but my weekend work boat might be a triton next year.
jimmy,
Not sure of Triton---but with Ranger and Skeeter the "(any old triton)" won't get you the money...It has to be like 3 yrs old or less and you have to be the original tittle holder.
With Ranger even if you win a boat that boat is not eligible to win you the contingency money. at another event.

It's all about selling new boats !!!

froggy

FNF,

I sure hope Darris reads these posts! Like Jimmy, I have purchased a 21'10" Bullet to fish certain tournaments. The tournaments that don't care, I use my ABote (besides it has a 280).

Your suggestion of a 225 MAX sticker on the 2003 and a 250MAX sticker on the XB21 would solve the issue for many, but would still be hard to swallow for some. I would prefer a 300 MAX sticker on everything and be done with it!

As we all know, the ABote is certainly up to this rating!

froggy

jimmyb

"This program is for registered Triton retail owners with either an aluminum or fiberglass Triton fishing boat containing a factory-installed livewell"

http://www.tritonboats.com/frames_static.asp?redir=owner_benefits/index.html

with triton gold, i would have received the following in 2007:
2000 for two FOM tournament wins
10000 for for winning FOM divisional
1000-3300 for winning the federation nation state tournament
600 for competeing at the federation nation divisional

for 2008 triton has their next level of incentives called the triton black gold program. to be eligible for that program you gotta be running a 2007 or newer triton with a merc optimax. For the weekender series, there are 5 tournaments in the wisconsin division, and you have the potential to win 12000 at each tournament (and they are 1 day events)
http://www.tritonboats.com/black_gold.asp

plus, triton is supposed to be making another announcement at the federation nation national tournament (which is this next week) about more incentives for fishing federation nation events

yes, it is all about selling boats. Triton is paying for performance. I see potential that the incentive programs might start taking the place of "memo" deals and prostaff.

fishnfireman

FNF,

. I would prefer a 300 MAX sticker on everything and be done with it!

As we all know, the ABote is certainly up to this rating!

froggy
I'll vote for you froggy !!!!!!!!!

Yes sir ---300's all the way around, or at least on the 21's!!!!!!!
By-gosh if Bullett and Stroker can do it, we can to.

At least the 225 and 250 would be a good start.. then we can keep working on Darris.
I hear Mercury is working on a 350XS !
I truly feel that it won't be long before. The 20ftrs with no max rating will be excluded from most competition. I hope i'm wrong--but you mark it down. I'm afraid it's comming!