It's SPRING....so what's new?

ROBERT CROSS

For gs2 it's the Stainless Trim Gauge. Season one was spent learning the new mota, now it's time for the important bling.

It's going horizontal on the dash.....(whoze boat it this?)
fullsizeoutput_14ec.jpeg

'sted of down here....:rolleyes:
DSC00089.JPG

ROBERT CROSS

RR,
Dash looks great!!
I've ordered the gauge. It's a bit different that the one we had for the 225x, it's only made for a port side install on the ROS so the cable has to be a bit longer and reads from left to right. What length cable did you use?

Bob

RiverRat71

Thanks Bob. Honestly I don't remember. I pulled a piece of coax cable through where the indicator cable would be, marked it then removed & measured it. I had them make it that length plus one foot. Worked out great. Man that red & white boat is a beaut! RR

Honda92

Been wanting the N-Control throttle & shifter for my GS. Big deal to install? RR
Shifter was real simple, uses the stock cable. Just need to make a bigger hole in the boat for the shifter install. The throttle you need to run a longer cable since the cable enters the top of the throttle. I used a 20ft 33c Hardin marine cable then used a adapter on the motor side. Main thing to remember is to leave 3/4 inch of the 1/4in dia rod sticking out for the spring assembly to sit on. Sounds confusing but it's really notIMG_20180427_142114165.jpgIMG_20180427_143930548.jpg, I bought it brand new but used so I had to figure everything out along the way

Honda92

What about the kill switch? RR
There is a switch on the back of the shifter to hook up to. Mine is disconnected so I can start in gear, I took the switch off so it would fit through the install hole. The GS is super thick right there and I couldn't get the shifter assembly in with the switch on. The hole would need to be slightly larger IMG_20180406_135640891.jpg

RiverRat71

My Mercury control is wired to start in gear as well was referring to the lanyard switch that is built into the Mercury unit. What did you use to replace that? RR

Honda92

My Mercury control is wired to start in gear as well was referring to the lanyard switch that is built into the Mercury unit. What did you use to replace that? RR
My boat had a aftermarket shifter already in it with no wires going to it. Can't help you there unfortunately

Jr in Jax

How does the skid planer work on a Grandsport and what was the cost? Was it hard to install? The mount looks just like my 300XS.

Honda92

How does the skid planer work on a Grandsport and what was the cost? Was it hard to install? The mount looks just like my 300XS.
Still have not had the boat in the water but everyone claims it helps a lot on the holeshot. I added the foil too. I hoping with both of them I notice a good change. I think it was like $350?? Somewhere around there. It takes a little screwing around mounting it up, you have to drill holes, make sure it's level, correct height and correct distance behind the pad.

Jr in Jax

Since I went with the 300XS my jackplate is now directly up against the transom. Does the planer mount to the jackplate or to the extension plate [that I don't have].

RiverRat71

Since I went with the 300XS my jackplate is now directly up against the transom. Does the planer mount to the jackplate or to the extension plate [that I don't have].
Mine mounted to the jackplate (see pic above). My motor is heavy so it was set up with a 8" Allison jackplate mounted direct to transom. Mounting the planer was no problem even though I had to drill 2 holes in each side of the jackplate. RR

xb03

The pedal takes so much less effort than my old one. And the shifter shifts super nice as well. I feel they were both really nice upgrades
Aftermarket shifter is awesome I love my shifter much better than the plastic stock one. It shifts so easy and smooth.957CD0C5-B9D9-490F-9E76-4AB3D1423F1D.jpeg