It's SPRING....so what's new?

Jr in Jax

I just took it out for a short ride with the new Performance Propellers 32" Drag 4 prop now that the engine is getting broken in and I am not sure that I need to add the skid-planer.
My results were:
Great holeshot, the engine surged to the limiter three quick times and then was gone with almost no trim.
The top speed, [it was a rough windy day] was 90.3 at 5000 RPM with very little trim. The redline on the 300XS is 6350 RPM [should be 105 +/-].
The very smooth cruise speed was 73 GPS at 4000 RPM burning just over 10 GPM.
Very little trim was needed and the torque went from a heavy lean to the left [with the 30" ChopperII] to a very light lean to the right [no passenger with 30 gallons of fuel].
The amount of power available was unbelieveable and the handling was as good or better than my 2.5.
The package is great and seems very safe if you can resist a suicidal top speed.

RiverRat71

Jr I would love for you to drive my GS. I know I could learn a lot from someone like you. I think we have similar setups with my heavy ass 2.5XS. I am learning everything on my on aka the hard way. RR

Jr in Jax

Jr I would love for you to drive my GS. I know I could learn a lot from someone like you. I think we have similar setups with my heavy ass 2.5XS. I am learning everything on my on aka the hard way. RR
You are probably just as good/better a driver as I am but I have about 3000 hours of seat time [since 1998] in my Grandsport. Most of the people's A-boats I have driven have issues due to not enough engine height. When the engine is too low in MOST cases the hull has a terrific wobble side to side that never lets you get used to it at higher speeds. Most times, a good 4 blade prop will also change a tiger into a pussycat with little loss of top end. The 4 blades also make turning and rough water a lot more comfortable.

We intend to drop into some of the mountain lakes and then be at the rally later in the week on our way to my Wife's reunion at LSU Lab school in Baton Rouge. Hopefully we'll see you there!

RiverRat71

You are probably just as good/better a driver as I am but I have about 3000 hours of seat time [since 1998] in my Grandsport. Most of the people's A-boats I have driven have issues due to not enough engine height. When the engine is too low in MOST cases the hull has a terrific wobble side to side that never lets you get used to it at higher speeds. Most times, a good 4 blade prop will also change a tiger into a pussycat with little loss of top end. The 4 blades also make turning and rough water a lot more comfortable.

We intend to drop into some of the mountain lakes and then be at the rally later in the week on our way to my Wife's reunion at LSU Lab school in Baton Rouge. Hopefully we'll see you there!
WOW, 3000 hrs seat time! I have maybe 10, LOL. My GS is the only boat I have owned that didn't have a tiller handle. Whole nother world. Havent done any rally's yet except the Suwannee last November. Would love to meet some of you guys & would really like someone familiar with these boats to drive mine for input on setup improvement. Just still really wet behind the ears. RR

skewby

river rat come on up to watts bar for the rally lots of knowledge and great times and food. just bring fuel money, we tend to run 300 plus miles over the week

RiverRat71

I would love to. Will try to make that happen one year. Me & the wife both still work full time so we would have to coordinate our vacation days to make it happen. Is it the same dates every year? Would love to see some new water & meet new people. RR

ROBERT CROSS

:confused:....ok. so it's a newish boat, only the second Season with this GS but we be wet for many years. Last weekend we had about 25 peeps oooing & ahhhing as we backed down the ramp. Feeling a bit cocky and wanting to impress we were looking like a well oiled the team as I started and warmed the mota up. Wanting to pull out all the stops I shut-down, put it in reverse, hit the trim button on the shifter, fired right up but no steering......:eek:
Won't happen again..:LMAO:
fullsizeoutput_1bbe.jpeg
Bob

ROBERT CROSS

Well, that would have been true had I not backed over the ramp lane marker as Sandra yelled....PORTPORTPORT.:p:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

And naturally she was waving them in the air to show everyone.:(