Lastest news on the new Grand Sport

whipper

I think,they should be building, retro 14ft allisons at a resonalbe price,heck a 24 alley is gonna cost you over a hundred grand,water ready,who's got that these days...They should think small, with small motors,that can out run all jet skis..
I dont think she will be over a hundred grand. I asked Nancy about that aspect because i for one want one bad. She will be more than a 20.6ft Grand Sport but under 3 more feet and some more fee-board and a bit more beam arnt going to more than double the cost of a Standard GS she said. Based on the price of other 22-23fters I'm guessing in the 60 range ready to rock depending on power and options. Theres a lot of folks that will spend that on an Allison for big lake and ocean use. Look how many own Progressions, Velocities,Checkmates,Skaters,Motions ect... A lot of the guys running these 21-24 ft boats went that rout to run bigger water ways that were Allison owners. If the 23 can run over 100mph with a single 300xs, I think with the reputation of Darris,s build quality and hull durability he will have a good market for the Boat.

I would agree with the smaller hulls for lake use if it wernt for the invention of blaters in wake boats!!!!!!!! They have killed performance boating to a degree at every popular lake in NorthAmerica on the weekends from 9-5!:mad: For me a smoother ride, just as fast hull that will still smoke a jetski and have more room,better than anything else in that size range on fuel,look killer and be the last boat Ill ever need is worth the investment.
After some time when these hulls come up for sale from the original owners they will be a hot ticket to own at the lesser price also. Just like 24ft Progressions,Activators,21 Skaters used Checkmates. If there mint and can do 90-100+ with all the goodies theres a real market for these boats even in this econamy. Theres enough people with the money to buy the new ones also. Heck theres people with 2 and three boats and buyers for new custom made boats no matter what. I think with the numbers Alliosn ony put out on hulls the few he makes will mostly all be presold. My plans are to order mine and have her built for me when there ready as long as I still have a job?:big grin Then if i loose my job the house will go before myboat does.:big grin Priorities before brains. My wife might think differant. Accually I know she thinks differant.

DOUBLE J

Whipper I'm waiting patiently also. I bought a 09 Checkmate Pulsare 2400 long deck w/a 300xs to hold me over. Nice boat but not a Allison. Plan on pulling the 300xs off and putting it on the new A. Whipper, I think you will like my color ideas for the 23. Yellow bottom half of lower hull,than white top half of lower hull, with yellow side stripes and yellow top rally stripes, white wing tips with of course the black windshield area. Who says you can't have too many boats???i

Darth VMAX

Hows that 24 Checkmate run if you don't mind me asking? I always like the Pulsare BR Checkmates.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

78 is more than I would have guessed for such a big boat. That is very respectable IMO.

Thanks, they are a sclick looking boat.

racerx

When you get over 21ft, you buy a cat,they ride so good compared to the v,it takes a 27ft v,to run in the same water my 21 skater can,i have run some vs last year,they think they can bait my little 21 skater out in rougher water,only are they amazed,when i go buy them at over a 100+ to there 70...I have noticed the big boats sneak up on you full bore,and i still can hit from the roll,where they dont get by..

whipper

When the 23ft GS was a 24ft Darris got 87+ with a bone stock 225 on the back with a 27 Trophy two up.:big grin The 23ft should weigh less than or the same finished. I think he just needs more hulls that will accommodate the 3.0lt power than just one at the moment. The 21 will in a bass boat then now the GS for pleasure use when finished in a 23. Down the pipe who knows what hulls will come off that mold? The XB and the XS are similar at least. Seems two configurations off one mold is a good idea and has worked for other hulls also.

Nice colours on your Checkmate DoubleJ. I love the yellow also. Hears a pic of the 24 plug Darris just threw a SS top shet on her for testing.. Notice the beam on the trailer. Looks good cant wait to see the 23ft.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I heard the Elbonian Navy has ordered several of the new 23-4 ft Allisons. Search and destroy missions. I wonder where the rocket launchers go? 50 cal?

Kevin: This is a joke.

DOUBLE J

When you get over 21ft, you buy a cat,they ride so good compared to the v,it takes a 27ft v,to run in the same water my 21 skater can,i have run some vs last year,they think they can bait my little 21 skater out in rougher water,only are they amazed,when i go buy them at over a 100+ to there 70...I have noticed the big boats sneak up on you full bore,and i still can hit from the roll,where they dont get by..
Well come on down with your 21' cat and go run in the Gulf of Mexico. I bet you will change your tune real quick. I'm not running in bay chop but 2-3 ground swells spaced any where from 2' apart to 20 ' apart. 21' in general of anything(v or cat) just ain't gonna cut it. Tried it and it just doesn't work.

ziemer

When you get over 21ft, you buy a cat,they ride so good compared to the v,it takes a 27ft v,to run in the same water my 21 skater can...
Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. :gasp :beer: I know you're crazy and all that when it comes to rough water driving (at least in an Allison), but I've been in the Gulf numerous times in both a 24' Skater and my 24' Pantera...when it comes to rough water ride, I'll stick to my 75 mph Pantera. :very happy

racerx

I dont boat in big swells,i boat on lakes with wind chop,boat traffic.if i was to go in big swells like your talkin,i would run a 28ft boat,but i would take a cat over a v,in the over 20ft boats anyday..

Darth VMAX

This is a debate that could go forever...

I will say. In offshore racing, the cats dominate. Why is that?

whipper

This is a debate that could go forever...

I will say. In offshore racing, the cats dominate. Why is that?
Because as rough as it looks it still not to rough for those big cats. If it were truly rough the Vees would dominate thats a given every cat owner will admit to that. No cat can compete with a Vee in seas that exceed race conditions. Foot for Foot a Vee hull can weather a bigger storm than a Cat. Theres design elements to consider but generally thats the case. In the races that are almost called off because of really high seas the Vees usually always win. Cats only win win they can trap air at a given speed for the design.

RBT

Because as rough as it looks it still not to rough for those big cats. If it were truly rough the Vees would dominate thats a given every cat owner will admit to that. No cat can compete with a Vee in seas that exceed race conditions. Foot for Foot a Vee hull can weather a bigger storm than a Cat. Theres design elements to consider but generally thats the case. In the races that are almost called off because of really high seas the Vees usually always win. Cats only win win they can trap air at a given speed for the design.
No vee will run with a Cat, PERIOD.

Go to OSO, search "greatest moments in cat history" and read the WHOLE thread. The BEST of the best contribute to the thread.

whipper

Go to OSO, search "greatest moments in cat history" and read the WHOLE thread. The BEST of the best contribute to the thread.
It all depends on the water is what I'm saying. The new tunnels have greatly increased there free board and chine from the keel than in past years. The tunnels are way up there to take way bigger water than they used to. Thats a race boat. Theres not to many tunnels out there under 25ft that can take the waves a 25ft Vee can with good free-board. The race boats are 30+++ft and do well I agree in race coarse situations. Say what ya will but I rather go trans Atlantic in a 45ft Vee than a 45ft Tunnel any day threw a hurricane and 30ft waves.

Yellowallison

RB Yur are talkin OFFSHORE BIG CATS only riiight :big grin

cuz I know yu know NO STV,QUATERSHOT,MIRAGE is runnin with a ALLISON in any rough water :big grin unless yu had way too many beer!!!

racerx

Cats against a v,,i love my allisons but,i have a 21 skater now,and this boat is trully the cats ***,out on a rough lake with wind chop,bigger white caps,that make it hard to run an allison,this skater thing ,will flat out get it,this is only 1 foot longer then an alley,and its night and day from the ride,when you have to slow down in the alley, to go over some rough stuff,you put your foot in it,in the skater.This 21 has twins,and it will beat a allison with a 280,from a dead stop to 100mph.When allison biulds the big v,there gonna have to rig it for twins,thats why its gonna cost a 100grand.Other wise, it isnt gonna have any punch.And punch is where its at..

Darth VMAX

All I know, is if you watch the races. Those V hull off-shore are on the edge of being out of control when its rough while the cats blow by them like they are standing still. The cats do it in SMOOTH fashion comparably as well.

They are chining back and forth and hitting the water HARD...the cats don't do that NEAR as much. I beleive the Cats are in their own class because the V's can't compete.

David Shook

racerx,
Let's get together on that 0 to 100 deal, you bring your title and I'll bring mine, I have an old fishing boat v-hull with a single engine, I've been looking for one of them biggens to throw a tarp over and make me a deer camper out of ??????
Shook