Lastest news on the new Grand Sport

racerx

David i dont need a carp boat,I could use some cash though,but i would be in on a high cash bet?

john w

My money is on the Skater !!!! Even with 32's it would smoke ya. Bring it on.

whipper

My money is on the Skater !!!! Even with 32's it would smoke ya. Bring it on.
Well that I would like to see. A twin 21 Skater with 32,s against a 130+mph single vee bottom Carp boat that does very well in the quarter also. Funny thing you don't see Skaters at the drags that much?
OK I get it now. You mean in 5ft seas. If the waters calm the skater doesn't haver a chance I think. Its like a V8 truck against a Ferrari. The Truck gives the elution of quickness like the Skater but the Allison in reality is quick like the Ferrari.
I would sure like to see twin 280 Skater 1/4 times what ya think they are?? Thats an interesting question i think. I know of a few twin 21,s in the 120mph range with twins. Whats the fastest top end one anyone has heard of? You know a 300 drag on an Allison XB2002 or SS or pretty much any Allison will be finished the quarter before a 21 Skater with twins even gets air under the hull dont you. Well from what Ive seen anyway.

Tottaly not bashing Skaters because i LOVE Skaters also and no doubt a twin 21 is quick but compared to a 300 drag Allison i dont know?

BGohr

racerx,
Let's get together on that 0 to 100 deal, you bring your title and I'll bring mine, I have an old fishing boat v-hull with a single engine, I've been looking for one of them biggens to throw a tarp over and make me a deer camper out of ??????
Shook
Stock 280 on a bass boat, against this Skater?????? Bring your title, I wanna go Carp fishin, this isn't any kind of an Offshore boat, I don't know where you guys came up with that.

Lotus 50

I was out in an STV once, in really rough water, and got soaked. I think I can stay drier in my SS. I don't know which rides better in more reasonable water. The same waves in a 28 Skater were like nothing.

A 21 Skater dwarfs my 20 foot SS2000. It's a much bigger boat.

racerx

I am not on hear bashing an allison,i have owned 10 of them,the only one i never owned was a GS,i have driven them over 125+ mph with 26 pitch props,and have run an XR 002 at 9400 with a 30,so i know what the alley can do..But if shook wanted to put a stock 280 on his carp boat,and run my barge skater to a hundred,or whatever over that,in any kinda water conditions,i am in,,Just call me 630 881 8574 Jeff,dont call dont bother if you dont have lots a cash,on second thought,i could use an allison...

K.Kiser

If the Skater has twin 260/280's against an XB02 w/stock 280, then I'm sad to admit that My $ will be on the Skater...

catfish123

Just line em up...............I have an Allison with a little old 225 and I love it. My money would be on the Skater..........let me know where to place the bet.

whipper

I am not on hear bashing an allison,i have owned 10 of them,the only one i never owned was a GS,i have driven them over 125+ mph with 26 pitch props,and have run an XR 002 at 9400 with a 30,so i know what the alley can do..But if shook wanted to put a stock 280 on his carp boat,and run my barge skater to a hundred,or whatever over that,in any kinda water conditions,i am in,,Just call me 630 881 8574 Jeff,dont call dont bother if you dont have lots a cash,on second thought,i could use an allison...
WOW Jeff I had no idea a 21Skater with twins is that quick to 100! Thats awsome. I tried looking for a video of a twin 21Skater accelerating just now to see and damed if I could find one. I sure would love to see a video of one running.
Since your obviously very experianced with Allisons I take it back I had no idea how quick those Skaters are!:gasp

mikesufka

Leave the titles and the cash at home. How about a race just for the hell of it? Jeff's 21 Skater vs. ANY quick Allison with a 260 or 280 on the back. 0-100 MPH & top end.

Allisons rock, but a 21 Skater with twins is a wicked beast indeed.

Mike Sufka
St. Cloud, MN
Spectre 30 w/Twin 300 Mercs
Previous owner - Two Grandsports

msharp

IF........ it takes 2 260's or 2 280's on a boat thats 1 foot longer, to out run SHOOK'S SINGLE mota on his fishin boat, WHAT has he done?????? BUT when SHOOK smokes him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like he said 0 to 100 my money is on SHOOK !!!!!

BGohr

IF........ it takes 2 260's or 2 280's on a boat thats 1 foot longer, to out run SHOOK'S SINGLE mota on his fishin boat, WHAT has he done?????? BUT when SHOOK smokes him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like he said 0 to 100 my money is on SHOOK !!!!!
Sorry, I didn't realize Shook had a stock 280 on his boat, and I've been next to this Skater so,

Bassboat with a stock 280...........I'm thinkin no

Scott Gilmore

How ANYONE started compairing a 21" Skater to an Allison is a MYSTERY to me. A 21" Skater (with 2.5 twins) is a quick/fast boat & also the most ill handling TUB/TURD that ever hit the water !! I speak from experience I bought a new one back in 96. In fact it's such a TURD Skater hasn't built a 21" for over a decade. Scott :LMAO: :beer:

racerx

Scott which 21 skater with twins did you buy,didnt think they made one in 1996..It sure did feel like a tub 1st time out,but once you figure it out,its wicked...Peter told me they quit making them because of unexperianced drivers,could get seriously hurt,but when you know how to Drive an alley,shouldnt be to difficult,just think,as with anything fast..The reason i like it so much is for the punch,anything bigger just isnt gonna have it,its got the alley punch with twice the ride,its the ultimate package all in one,and not the feel of a larger boat,this thing will keep ya on your toes,which is a lot to say for a cat..But it would be nice to have a alley sitin next to it...