Look what I found!!!!!!

Allyfishing

Well Rich, I'm a bit spoiled and if I have this correct the off shore mid does not have the trim indicator for the in-dash gauge. I may be wrong on that. the bass mid on the 280 is more like the mid on my 225 PM right?? All the trim/tilt pump and everything is the same as a ProMax, right?? If so it just makes it easier.

So you get the off shore mid and i get your bass mid and we're good to go. Of course there will have to be some financial calculating going on!!

white03

I don't think the mids are the same. On my previous 225 pro max the mid had two rams and the pump waqs built into the mid. My 280 bass mid has one ram and the pump is external. So if you go to a 280 mid you'll also have to go to an external pump. Believe this is correct.
Bill

catfish123

The bass mid on my 280 is like on a Promax where I actually believe it is called a 3 ram type and the pump is part of it, not in the boat. I believe they could be bought from the factory this way, but I may not be correct on that part.

2003225X

If you bought a 280 new there were two options...

1. You could get it with the offshore mid and the pump was external in the boat.

2. You could get it with a bass mid and the pump was also external and in the boat.

The 280s did not come NEW with bass mids that trim pumps were on the mids to my knowing. If someone has a bass mid with the trim pump on the mid and a 280 powerhead, then the powerhead was put on that mid at a later time.

An example would be putting a 280 powerhead on a 225 bass mid. Then you would have the trim pump on the mid.

suicidealli

If you bought a 280 new there were two options...

1. You could get it with the offshore mid and the pump was external in the boat.

2. You could get it with a bass mid and the pump was also external and in the boat.

The 280s did not come NEW with bass mids that trim pumps were on the mids to my knowing. If someone has a bass mid with the trim pump on the mid and a 280 powerhead, then the powerhead was put on that mid at a later time.

An example would be putting a 280 powerhead on a 225 bass mid. Then you would have the trim pump on the mid.

This is correct!!!!!!

But a 280 and plate will bolt right to your mid!!!!!!!!

Rich I don't have any extra dry stacked plates, but this one can be changed.

Craig you can bolt a offshore can to a pm mid.... With the 20".

All 15" factory mids are offshore.

Roy

Allyfishing

OK Roy....with Todds mid we are getting closer to throwing together a 280!! I have a spare sporty with the Allison mods.

BTW Todd, what is the size of the tailpieces needed for the fuel line. I forget what the ID is of that fuel hose. And which fitting do you put on top if the "T" block, the male or female end? Is the gauge made for liquid measurement or air or does it not matter??

Allyfishing

New report!! Received word from Linda Brucato yesterday that after testing the injectors, 4 were flooding all the time, one flooding at idle/part throttle and I'm not sure of the 6th one.

Lesson learned....never assume anything....get it checked and perform routine maintenance.

Linda sent them back to Chris to install back in my intake and hopefully get it all back with new reeds and all very soon. I'm pumped to try out my "NEW" motor this year!! LOL!!!!! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for helping here guys!
Craig

catfish123

Craig, how long ago was it when you had those injectors done?

TBuck2003

OK Roy....with Todds mid we are getting closer to throwing together a 280!! I have a spare sporty with the Allison mods.

BTW Todd, what is the size of the tailpieces needed for the fuel line. I forget what the ID is of that fuel hose. And which fitting do you put on top if the "T" block, the male or female end? Is the gauge made for liquid measurement or air or does it not matter??
Sorry Craig just looked back at this...5/16" is what I run as far as line back to motor. Would be the male end, because you will put on the gauge just like an attachment on your air compressor hose. When not in use I just put a rubber cap over end. You can use either or as far as air or liquid. Whatever is cheaper. This is just for a quick check and piece of mind. Sorry about the quick response...lol

Allyfishing

Craig, how long ago was it when you had those injectors done?
Bob, they were supposed to have been sent to Tony prior to the fresh rebuild but apparently not!!! The builder received them from a friend in exchange for funds due. So much for friends, eh????

Allyfishing

Neal...no 2nd rig...I'm trying to provoke Roy into trading my 225 PM for his 280 and put it on my 21!!!! Of course there would have to be some money dealings!!! When I get done with all the new parts on my motor it will be like brandy new!! LOL!!!!!

catfish123

Yeah.......but brandy new still isn't a 300XS.........and you had "permission" none the less........LOL