Look what I found!!!!!!

Allyfishing

The bare wire on the coil was positioned right up front on the starboard side adjacent to the bracket that held the oil reserve tank. I have no idea how that wire got crushed. It must have been during install or tear down.

Speaking of trigger, I m replacing the linkage with new so I know I need to adjust the linkage to 11/16th length. Looking at my manual I can take that measurement two different ways. The edge of the lock nut to the outer edge of the "elbow" or the edge of the lock nut to the center of the pivot screw???

there is a major difference in that measurement. And will the measurement of that linkage have a major effect on the WOT timing??

suicidealli

Just reset the timing. You need to do that anyway after changing electronics!!!!!! It could be a liitle different.I don't really care what the idle timing is, go by what that particular motor wants.. Wot is a little different depending on comp and oct of gas. I hope I didn't blow you up. U can handle it..
sure wish u lived closer.
Roy

Last edited:

catfish123

Roy........Craig will pay your way to come help...........He's LOADED!!....LOL

catfish123

Yep, that's it, but I understand he is planning an addition to it in the near future........not enough square footage or something like that is what I heard.

Allyfishing

HA>>>>HA>>>>>HA!!!!!!! :punch

That's just where I keep my Allison and my truck and the servants!!!

Can you see the doghouse out back???? that's where I'm staying right now!!!

catfish123

Yep.......but that could have been avoided had you just followed Jenn's advice and bought a new motor..........LOL

suicidealli

I'm putting a super nice 280 together.. 2007 had 10 hours on it and a circle clip broke. Tore up one cylinder. New sleeve by ruck. New wizard pistons...lol
I'm thnking I might keep it tho. Maybe run a couple super stock races. Drag elec.

Roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

I'm putting a super nice 280 together.. 2007 had 10 hours on it and a circle clip broke. Tore up one cylinder. New sleeve by ruck. New wizard pistons...lol
I'm thnking I might keep it tho. Maybe run a couple super stock races. Drag elec.

Roy
Sweet, Roy! 280 SS?

catfish123

Craig, how many boxes will it take to pack it all up?..........LOL

Allyfishing

Bob, I believe I can duct tape all the pieces back where I think they look like they belong and then tuck it all in and shove the cowling back on like sitting on a suitcase going on vacation so ya can latch it shut!!! :big grin

Roy will never know the difference til he gets it back home and try starting it on the hose!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

catfish123

Craig, I thought that's what you were doing to it anyway prior to running it the next time............LOL......just messing with you, hopefully you know that??

suicidealli

I don't have any bass mids.. I have a 20" and a 15" offshore.. 2 20" 200 cases worked for an allison. One merc 260/drag cowl. Trim pump. I have to pick up the 20" next month. It is in TN. wc911 has it right now, with the lower unit. I think I have a 245/260 bass can I could put on it tho. You don't like to hear that merc rumble back there???
Lol

Roy

Roy

Allyfishing

Craig, I thought that's what you were doing to it anyway prior to running it the next time............LOL......just messing with you, hopefully you know that??
Of course I know that!!!! If ya didn't mess with me I'd think you didn't like me.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Just the powerhead, but I have an extra drag 15" mid with a 280 tuner.
I would love to have that '07 pwrhead on a dry-stacked drag mid / red & white XB02..... especially if she sounds and revs like the 260 cut-to-drag... and esp if she is mechanically and cosmetically clean! But I should expect that from Roy, Mr. OCD himself!

Craig why do you want a bass mid instead of an offshore mid? I've been thinking that I would like an offshore mid instead of the bass mid that I have....