Need info on a 2004 Xb21 pro-sport elite

2yellowdogs

Hello everyone.

I am new to the site and this is my 1st post. I live in PA and I am looking for a bass fishing boat and family boat.

I am going to take a 2004 XB21 pro-sport elite with a merc 225 efi for a ride in 2 weeks. I like the fact that I can remove the 2 back seats for tourney and then put them back in for the family days. Also a good selling point for the wife.

What I want to know is what kind of top end speed with full tourney load and 2 people and also how the ride in rough water. Being so far north east 3 footers are pretty normal to run and fish in. Will this boat hold up to the beating of the north and well it perform. Right now I run a ranger and it is just to darn slow. I am tired of getting passed. I would have won the ABA classic this year on the hudson but got passed buy and the guys won the tourney in my spot on the main river which they saw me fishing in pratice. So if you have one of these or know of them please speak up.

regards
2yellowdogs (yes I duck hunt with to Yellow labs)

ALLISONMAN

YOU WILL LOVE the new prosport elite!!! it will handle anything your ranger could and alot more with a softer ride!!!! the speed with a 225 will be mid 80's fishing. The best thing about the allison you will notice is the fuel economy and how good it gets!!!!! you will think of why you ever even owned a ranger!!!!!! if youhave any more questions or would like to talk about the new boat feel free to call me bryan at 336-442-8442 and i would be glad to help you anyway that i can.

Yellowallison

2 Y-dogs......... Welcome aboard!

Liek Amans said feel free to ask any question you have here on this board..... cause thierz a bunch of great guys with tons of advice and opinions....

My dad has 21Bassboat 250XS and he quickly you tell you its the greatest boat he'z ever owned and he had just about any and every kind of bassboat ever made... over the last 40 yrs..

I also say-agree hiz 21-Bassboat is one of the finest boats for ride, fishing, fishing and speed I ever been in...

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Yellowallison

What I want to know is what kind of top end speed with full tourney load and 2 people.......................................... 80-85.

Being so far north east 3 footers are pretty normal to run and fish in. Will this boat hold up to the beating of the north and well it perform.....YEA!! 21 ALLY are nuthin but awesome in roughwater.......................................................... You basically can beat an Allison as hard as you want and yu want find a one stress crack no where.. You'll hurt yourself before yu tear up an Allison boat..

Right now I run a ranger and it is just to darn slow................ Well once You go for ride in a 21 ALLY -- yu wanta go and make that Ranger yur new DUCK BOAT :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2yellowdogs

Thanks guys... That is what I wanted to here... The reason I was scared is these guys up north keep trying to get me to buy a gambler but I dont like the way they run all loose and out of control....

My ranger would make a nice Duck boat...Wonder if I can get a jet drive for that motor.... :lol: :lol:

Now I might have to see about going to run this boat next week I am all jazzed up....

2yellowdogs

Blueally XB21

I've got two words for discribing my boat for family, tourneys, rough water ride, fishability, durability, fuel economy, etc. I've either owned or rode in Champions, Bullets, Rangers, Stratos, Procraft, etc., you name it.

I wouldn't trade my Ally XB21 for any of them.....no way, no how. The Ally XB21 is in a class all by themselves. 8)

Those two words are...............LOVE IT!!! AWESOME BOATS!!!
Okay.............four words. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will be glad to anwser any questions you have. Come to KY I'll be glad to take for ride to see for yourself. Just a ride or two and you will love these boats. Mine is the BasSport Elite. The Prosport Elite will be slightly faster and slightly better wind protection. Oh...welcome aboard!

Harvey

Yellowallison

My dad had GAMBLERS from like 85 to 97....... had like 16-17 of them..... YOu couldn't give him 3 GAMBLERS for his his ALLISON....

Talk about beat ya to death in rough water !!!!!! My uncle has a 21 GAMBLER/250XS and it will for sure beat yu death!!

Yea a GAMBLER is fine boat.... but it aint no ALLISON!

catfish123

Hi there 2 Y dogs..................I live in Pa too............where are you located? I can't help you too much with the bigger Allison but I have an XB2003 now for 6 years, bought it new, and I love it. I had a 19 ft Champion prior to this boat.

Blue Gray in PA

I live in Southwestern PA and have a 1989 XTB 21 that has seen some rough water including Lake Erie and like Yellow Allison said - no stress cracks. You can call me too if you have any questions - or need someone to ride in the shotgun seat when you get it back here in PA.

quikandfst

IVE GOT A 2005 XB21 PROSPORT ELITE FOR SELL. BECAUSE I WANT ONE OF THE NEW BASSPORT ELITE. IF YOU WANT A GREAT DEAL ON A XB21 EMAIL ME. WITH OR WITHOUT MOTOR
N2CHIRODOC@AOL.COM

Speedman

rough water

I have 94 xb2002 which is the narrowest and fastest of bass boats, I can blow away anybody on the Hudson, Winni, or Champlain, mine is a 94 and has been fished hard for 11 years, I have no stress cracks anywhere! The Allison will feel squirrelly just like the Gambler until you learn to drive it! It is not a " step on it and go" boat. Someone here once said " you don't drive and Allison, you FLY and Allison". Most guys can't drive a fast boat and you won't be able to either. Just last week I let my mechanic try to drive it and he got not go above 60 without the boat chining all over the place. I took over and drove 90 with one hand! don't get discouraged if you can't on your test run. The fun part of driving an Ally is passing the number 1 boat while you had boat 60!

quikandfst

MY SON IS 13 AND HE CAN FLY THE XB21 ELITE(300X) 70+ WITH GOOD CONTROL. IT TOOK ABOUT 4 HRS OF SEAT TIME FOR HIM TO GET ABOVE 60. IVE OWNED SOME KIND ALLISON SINCE 98 AND ALL KIND OF BOATS BEFORE THAT. PART OF THE FUN IS THE LEARNING CURVE. AFTER YOU GET COMFORTABLE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE AN ALLISON OWNER.I WAS TOLD ALONG TIME AGO THAT ANYONE CAN STEER A BOAT BUT YOU WILL LOVE LEARNING TO FLY AN ALLISON.TOP SPEED WITH TOURNY LOAD 101MPH.

fishnfireman

I do believe this 21 prosport is the best driving Allison I have drove.
It is one of the most fishable boats I have been in.
My last boat was a 2003 and it was not fun when it got ROUGH and the 21 ft Rangers could just stick that big long bow up in the air and wave bye.

The first tournament I fished from the new Prosprt. We had winds gusting over 45 mph. This is a BIG open lake with no wind breaks. There were some who beached there boats rather than try the open lake to get back to the weigh in dock. It was as rough as I have ever been in. One of those days when you start saying prayers and you would swear some of the swells were as high as your boat was long.

Anyway This rig CAN HANDLE the rough stuff.

I put a 225 promax on this new boat that came off my last boat when I upgraded it to a 280.
The 225Pmax will run mid 80s at 1200 ft with a full live well and a T load..
I believe with some testing time 90 will be the mark at that elevation and better at sea levl. It could see mid 90s by removing a lot of wt. However at this point I believe the 21 ft hull will carry a T load better than a 20 ft..
As it should with the wider pad. But will not run as fast empty.
depending on which 225 you have and what elevation you run at you should be some where betweeen 80- 90 depending on how much time and money you want to spend on testing, setup and props.

Yellowallison

FishinFireman............ HUH???????????? :?:

My last boat was a 2003 and it was not fun when it got ROUGH and the 21 ft Rangers could just stick that big long bow up in the air and wave bye.
I don't belive I and any other 2003 owners are gunna agree with YU that RANGER's WAVE good BYE to 2003's in rough water... :wink: :wink:

I fished all my life on the BIG O and I can promise yu no Ranger has ever passed any 2002 or 2003 I owned in rough water... 99% of my partners would spent the mornings talking about how they had never ran 100+ in a loaded fishin boat and once the lake got rough they spend the rest day talking about how much better my Allison rode then there BIG AZZ Ranger or Triton and burning 1/2 the fuel with a HP motor ........

I'm thinkin yu be been eatin too much of that FIRESATION food!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fishnfireman

You know Yellar Im gona have to call BOOsht on that one...........
Guess you have never stuffed a wave a 20 or 40 or 70 mph..
Must be the BIG O is to shallow or sumthing to get the kind of waves I'm talking about.
I agree the 2003 will cut waves as smooth as a butter knife. Up to a point. But then you start running with the wind and rolling down the back side of four to six footers that are 30 feet apart.
It does not take rocket science to figure out a longer deeper hull is going to traverse a deeper wider hole......
Must also be the location as I can give you the names of at least 8 2003/2002 owners that fish some of the same tournaments I do who will also tell you the big 21 22 ft deep hulled rigs will wave bye in the big stuff..

2yellowdogs

This is all good information and I cant wait ot get in the seat.... We get some real nasty water up here as these othere guys can tell you and if they handle half as good as you guys say then I will be just fine... But you take a tide and put 30 to 40 mph winds aginst it and it will stand up in a heart beat been there and seen it...Riding up one side and praying not to fall off the other side.... this condition produces waves we call half rollers the one side is nice and' roundther side is missing...just comes stright up off the bottom... But you can run them you just have to take it slow no matter what you are in even the big cruisers are riding them.... If the boat runs in the mid to upper 80's with a tourney load I will be happy... That will walk me by most of if not all the boats in my area...

Southeast PA area is where I am from and I will post when I pick it up...I would really like some help learning how to drive this boat...I will be out on it all winter if the water stays soft....

2yellowdogs

Yellowallison

YO RANGERLUVINFIREMAN!!! since YU say us 2002/2003 ALLISON BOYZZ are completly FOC to think our ALLY BOATS can't hang with yur favorite HANK PARKER EDITION RANGER's..............

Yeallrs gunna help ya.... see this FIRE STATION #1 - ALLISON OWNERS.com ......... CAPT Yeallr suggest yu need to go to Station #519 and hang with yur Ranger buddies...
http://www.bassboatcentral.com/ranger3.htm

Hey So if yu LUV RANGERS so MUCH!! why Yu buy another ALLISON!!!

OH YEA?? always wanted to ask....who picked the colors out for yur boat????? :wink:

fishnfireman

Yeller you are so predictable-------
Rather than post some form of intelligent rebuttal you have to start flinging insults. And once again try and prove your superiority. Sorry I forgot..

The man asked how the Allison was in rough water. I gave him my un candy-coated honest opinion.
Some of us got over the ---- (I know it

fishnfireman

yeller

I almost forgot--------- guess you didn't catch it in the first post.

The reason I bought another Allison........ Cause this one is longer,deeper and wider than my 2003 was. And takes the real ROUGH stuff a LOT better..

Yellowallison

Yeller you are so predictable-------------- YEA!!!!!! when somene tells me a RANGER ride better than ALLISON!!!! I tell them they are MISTAKIN! I'm used to tellin folks that at the boat ramp.. not on Allison Owner!

Rather than post some form of intelligent rebuttal you have to start flinging insults. And once again try and prove your superiority. Sorry I forgot................ I aint superior to no one!!!!! I just told yu I didn't didn't agree when yu said RANGERS ((WAVE GOODBYE)) to Allison's!!

The man asked how the Allison was in rough water. I gave him my un candy-coated honest opinion.................. Yea and I said I didn't agree with yur opinion!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Some of us got over the ---- (I know it