Need info on a 2004 Xb21 pro-sport elite

Yellowallison

OPPS.. I almost forgot .........

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AINT NO RANGER BASSBOAT GUNNA (((WAVE GOODBYE))) TO AN ALLISON IN ROUGH WATER!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't I say that ALREADY

Yellowallison

HEY RANGERLUVINCOLORBLINFFIREMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yur boat has to have a double- oppoiste -twin -somewhere.. !!!!

Who gotz the other 1/2 of the YELLOW boat and the the other 1/2 half of the RED and WHITE boat???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yellowallison

HERE YO GORANGERLUVINFIREMANTHAZCOLORBLINDWHOZLOKKINFORTHE OTHER1/2OFHIZBOATSOMWHERE!!!!!

HEY I FOUND THE OTHER HALF!!!!!

ANZ THEZ NUTHIN WRONG WITH RED WHITE AT ALL!!! IZZA JUS LIKE S YELLAR !!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OH YEA DID I MENTION!!!!!!!

AINT NO RANGER BASSBOAT GUNNA (((WAVE GOODBYE))) TO AN ALLISON IN ROUGH WATER!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't I say that ALREADY

fishnfireman

Just between us .. 8)

I had to sweet talk Nancy :wink: fer two days to convince Darris to do another solid yellow hull. :shock:

Ai'nt no way he was gonna do the whole thing in yellow...
Guess it went south with the solid red :? :?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
AWWRIGHT!!!!

I have to tell ya...I wuz on Clear Lake in the Narrows on a WINDY DAY last May at the WAR!!

Ole Bullet Donny says...."Hey letz go to tha other side an fish...oh yeah yu ALLISON boyz caint come..water too ruff!"

This was all I need...me an RUGRAT (Steffan) pile in the 03 and HEAD EAST!!

Biggest rollerz I ever SEEN and/or BEEN IN!! Liek I told PINKIE...6 FOOT with like 15' in between tops.

Did we SPEAR WAVES?!? YAH!!! We submarined that boat!! But yu know what....

I turned around and saw a red BILLBOARD slappin up & down in the SNOT...YEAH it wuz BULLET DONNY and LARS...an you know what?

THEY TURN AROUND!!!

We kept goin to the other side. Bilge pump on the whole way. I never saw water that rough even in the bay or the delta, it was one thing...WICKED!! And the 03 turned the 21' BULLET around!!

So there..we got wet..yeah...but no WORSE for tha WEAR!! Every time I spear a wave, I just DUCK under the FULL CONSOLE...it comes over, I scream at Rugrat...HEY THAT ALL YU GOT?!?

Which way to FLIPPIN, ARKANSAS? I need to get me a mass-produced, chopper gun hull to replace my hand-laid POS XB-2003!

NOT!! :lol:

fishnfireman

2yellowdogs

My apologies for some of the above. :roll:
I took one helova slap to tell you what I have found to be truth.
But that's OK I would sooner take some verbal abuse as to tell you something I feel is somewhat bias.
I will stand by my original statment that the 21 prosport will rival any bass rig in rough water. :!: (((AND)) I said the 2003 was the smoothest 20ftr To a point. :!: A poor choice of words on my part. Should have said there are SOME 21-22 ft rigs that due to there Length and depth, have the ability to keep the bow above the water. :oops: ... From your posts it sounds like you know exactly what kind of rough water Im talking of. Nobody wants to get caught in those conditions. Sadly for some of us it happens way to often. Never thought I'd see the day when a DMn drift sock was standrd gear in MY BASS boat :evil:
Darris has done better than ANYONE, When it comes to making a hull ultra fast AND smooth on rough water. That is due to a good NARROW pad and beam. Look under a Bullet,Stroker.Compared to the Ally they have a flat wide beam and pad. In (((MY))) opinion they will jar the fillings out of your teeth compared to th Ally.
As for staying afloat----Read the new disclaimer sticker on the port side...........makes you go HMMMMMMMM !

Good luck with whatever you decide

GOTTAGONOW Yellers gONa SMack MEfer LONG postIn.

froggy

What makes a boat (all boats) run smooth, in rough water, is called "deadrise". Deadrise is the angle, at the transom, or pad, that goes from the center of the pad to the gunwhale. Look at the back of your boat and imagine this angle. A true deep "v" deadrise is anything above, say, 21 degrees. All Allison hulls have true, deep "v" deadrise. Weight doesn't matter except it keeps your speed potential down. When one goes faster and hits a deflection, the deflection speed is faster. A tuna boat seems like it is riding fairly smmoth in a tough sea state because it is going 4 knots. Speed that tuna boat up to 70 knots and see how she does. Length of the keel line matters if the longer length lets one span the period of the waves. If the period of the waves is too lang for one's keel centerline, one must jump the trough in order to stay dry. The difference between a 21'boat and a 20' boat is one foot. A one foot difference helps in minute circumstances. Now if one was going to compare a 20' boat to a 30' boat, the circumstances where 10' additional would help would be significant.

Allison boats ride better than any other bass boat because of deep "v" deadrise, pure and simple. The rest is up to the driver, especially if the wave period is greater than the keel centerline length. When this occurs it is incumbent on the driver to jump the troughs: if one can master this, one can run big water. Too much engine offset is your enemy in these circumstances---the boat must be only slightly transom biased with its weight distribution, otherwise the trough jumping becomes a bow launching debacle.

froggy

2yellowdogs

Thanks guys this is all good information.... I also like the back and forth smacks makes me feel like we are all people with some of the same and some different views.... I have not seen this lable on the side of the new boat what does it say..... I wont by a boat that wont float when it is full of water....How else am I going to get under the train tracks on the hudson...pull the plugs and sink it..... So please a stright answer....Will this boat float full of water or will it sink to the bottom?

2yellowdogs

Yellowallison

Froggy!!!!!!!!! Very well said ...... Awesome explanation!!

What makes a boat (all boats) run smooth, in rough water, is called "deadrise". Deadrise is the angle, at the transom, or pad, that goes from the center of the pad to the gunwhale. Look at the back of your boat and imagine this angle. A true deep "v" deadrise is anything above, say, 21 degrees. All Allison hulls have true, deep "v" deadrise. Weight doesn't matter except it keeps your speed potential down. When one goes faster and hits a deflection, the deflection speed is faster. A tuna boat seems like it is riding fairly smmoth in a tough sea state because it is going 4 knots. Speed that tuna boat up to 70 knots and see how she does. Length of the keel line matters if the longer length lets one span the period of the waves. If the period of the waves is too lang for one's keel centerline, one must jump the trough in order to stay dry.

Yellowallison

AMAN FROGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

RANGERLUVINFIREMAN yu need to listen to ole FROGGYnow!! the boy is givin yu some good prechin... and if yu listen real weel yu see he tellin yu the same things I told YA! ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The difference between a 21'boat and a 20' boat is one foot. A one foot difference helps in minute circumstances. Now if one was going to compare a 20' boat to a 30' boat, the circumstances where 10' additional would help would be significant.
GET R DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellowallison

Allison boats ride better than any other bass boat because of deep "v" deadrise, pure and simple........................
YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rest is up to the driver, especially if the wave period is greater than the keel centerline length. When this occurs it is incumbent on the driver to jump the troughs: if one can master this, one can run big water.
FROGGY---- Yu explained that so well.. now I'm thinkin that thiers no need for me for RANGERLUVINFIREMAN to take YEALLRS ROUGH WATER DRIVIN 101 class......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yellowallison

Thanks guys this is all good information.... I also like the back and forth smacks makes me feel like we are all people with some of the same and some different views........................... YellowDOGS huury up and get ya an ALLISON and you will be happy!!!!! Start planin now so you can coem to the rally..... I promise you will have a great time!!

Will this boat float full of water or will it sink to the bottom?........................................ FLOAT!! when I started building my YELLARALLY2 boat I pulled foam out of the bottom of that ole 2003 boat for 3 days.... filled a dumpster up full of foam.

fishnfireman

2yellowdogs

controversy must be good for ratings also----look at the hits this post has..

word for word---- off a 2006 21 prosprt tournament.

"This boat contains floatation material but is not considered unsinkable"

makes me think-as much crap as I carry if it won't go.... BLUB -BLUB...
it also has the disclaimer about no mtrs over 500# or 200 Hp

fishnfireman

frooggy

That is a fine explanation.... especialy about the keel and deadrise.
One reason that you can look at the bottom of a boat and see if it's gona take water or not.
Don't know about the newr models...I had a 1994 209 Gambler.... The hull looked like it was made for a 18 ft boat.. The keel lacked 4 ft of coming all the way to the bow. And it stuffed waves about like an 18 ft boat.

Once more i'm gona disagree----------THERE IS A BIG BIG difference with only 1ft+ length and the extra depth plus width ..........between 2003 and the 21prsport......... Just ask Darris how much.. He's not scared to tell ya.
I also believe what your saying about setback. But with that theory my 21 should be worse than my 2003 as the 21 has a true 17 inch setback from the pad.... The 2003 had 14.5

CORRECTION :!: :!: THE 21 HAS 26" set back from pad :arrow:

Blueally XB21

2yellowdogs, I ask the factory the same question before I ordered my BasSport XB21. They told me it would float, but I did not ask if it would float level. I visited the factory regularly while mine was being built, I can't imagine it not floating with all the extra foam in the rear sections. I feel very comfortable knowing it has a lot of floatation through out the boat and extra in the rear area for the engine weight. All the floatation is sealed in so it will not soak up water over time and add weight to the hull.
With that said, I am not going to pull the plug on my 50K rig to find out and hope I never have to test it. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You won't be disappointed in the quality of these boats. I have owned several other top brands and none can compare the quality, attention to detail and factory service. I'm sure the factory will gladly anwser questions you have as well. They are great people to deal with, and will honestly tell you about there products.

Just my .02 worth.

froggy

Don't just concentrate on the flotation foam in the Allison. Remember Allison's are made using Klegecell, closed cell, foam as the spacer layer in their composite skin (same stuff that's in the F 18's I fly). This Klegecell stuff also floats. It also is closed cell so it will never soak up water. This stuff has been used since before World War II and when sampled for engineering safety purposes shows a material strength that exceeds it's original strength after 50 years. Incidentally, this stuff is darn expensive but worth every dime!

Fireman, my XB 2003, pad to transom bottom measures 12", my XR 2002 R pad to transom bottom measures 3.5", which makes the keel centerline of the XR 2002 R a little longer than the XB 2003; given that they are the same depth, which they are not.

Incidentally, when I had my XTB 21, it would run rougher water than the Boston Whaler Outrage I had at the time, it just took BeerNutz to do it.

froggy