Need info on a 2004 Xb21 pro-sport elite

fishnfireman

[quote="
Fireman, my XB 2003, pad to transom bottom measures 12", my XR 2002 R pad to transom bottom measures 3.5", which makes the keel centerline of the XR 2002 R a little longer than the XB 2003; given that they are the same depth, which they are not.

froggy[/quote]

I need to measure this 21 from pad to transom bottom. It will be tough because of the skid plate mounted on these hulls. I have the arm length of a gorrila. but still have to lay on the grnd to put the plug in :roll:

fishnfireman

Froggy,

You got me thinkin :idea:

IkNOw Me AnYeller git in TRUblE FER THinnkin.

So tell me this ........Does that 17" setback,,,, especialy with the skid plate on the new 21... does it not ACT like an extra 17" inches of keel.

I always felt like the 14.5" set back on the 2003 was almost like getting an extra foot in boat length when it came to spanning a wave trough. :?: :?:

Yellowallison

IkNOw Me AnYeller git in TRUblE FER THinnkin
RANGERLUVNFIREMAN............ITZ friday........ so I waitin on bout 2PM sO I can sNeeK oUt oF the OFFice -- loAd mY hOuNDs uP and HeAd tO tHe woOds and Run a BUCK..

Yeallr aitn think toO muCh since ITZ FRIDAY.. SoO YUR OwN YUR oWN tOdAY... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fishnfireman

21 set back

I lied :!:

The distance from the pad to the transom....is 17" not allowing for the drop. It has an additional 9" of setback with hyr-jplate and spacer.Thats a total of 26 inches from the pad.
The skid plate extends 5" past the transom..

With this line of thought :idea:
I would like to know the distance from the bow eye to the back of skid plate following the curvature of the hull. VS the 2003 from bow rye to Pad :?:

I bet it would be more than 1 ft difference.

If I don't get some more mtr parts here and get to work :cry:
My poor little brain is gona have a meltdown from TO MUCH THINkin

Yellowallison

AYellar, I like that picture. But, is it just me or have you let your hair grow out?
:mrgreen: HaCkie.... YeA I letz my Hairz GrOwZ oUt duRin hUnTIN Season.. Thaz wAY I'M ..in CAMO and ScRares Tha MosquItos AWAy.. :p :p :mrgreen:

Yellowallison

DANG !!! Hitz ENTER..Once and Getz 2 post!! :p :p

HUH! why Cantz thaz eveRy HapPenz to Me Atz a COKE COLA macHine!!

froggy

Fireman,

The only part that counts, in the equation, is the buoyant waterline. Therefore engine offset and skid plates don't count. However this equation is only for "bobbing" around in a heavy sea state. If one maintains the appropriate speed, to span the period of the waves, the engine offset can be considered. Manytimes, when the waves are non-periodic (ie. they are coming at you from all directions), one can only bob along, unless they are suicidal. Sometimes even the 33' Fountains have to slow down!

With the Allisons, setup will really improve rough water ability.

froggy

fishnfireman

froggy said:
Also, when "bobbing" around (idle or low RPM) it really helps to have high freeboard.

froggy

No kidding---- that's when you quote that line from JAWS

"we need a bigger boat"

Most of the waves we have to deal with will come in rows of 5 then there will be 2 or 3 bigger ones. It can be fun with a 280 and 26 pitch prop.
But you miss time. or don't see one.... Or you think---- oh heck they ain't that big and gas it .... or all of a sudden there is that rogue which is just a little bit taller or wider .......................SPLASH ...............

fishnfireman

froggy said:
Fireman,

The only part that counts, in the equation, is the buoyant waterline. Therefore engine offset and skid plates don't count. However this equation is only for "bobbing" around in a heavy sea state. If one maintains the appropriate speed, to span the period of the waves, the engine offset can be considered.
With the Allisons, setup will really improve rough water ability.

froggy
So are you saying the setback does count if you are under power. :?:

froggy

Fireman,

Only if you are under enough power to jump the boat across a bigger space than the boat could span at idle. In other words you should be moving proportionate with the period of the waves and sometimes that takes insane speed, for the conditions.

froggy

fishnfireman

Now I am confused :!:

What you said is if your boat's keel was shorter than the wave period, you had to jump the troughs.
First thing, I think your using an incorrect term, wave period. Should we not say wavelength, which is the distance from centerline of one wave crest, to centerline of next wave crest.
Wave period is the time it takes a wave crest to travel the wavelength distance.

An 03 Ally keel length is 19' - 2". Therefore, I guess we would be talking about jumping troughs where wavelength was 19' or over, with a wave height of 5' or 6'.

Let's say width of crest is 4', means width of trough is 15', so you're up there, jumping these troughs, and your lower unit is in the water for 2', and then out in the air for 15', not getting any water. But catching some fine air :arrow:

I still think the extra setback, when under power, will act like a fulcrum point, and be just like having that much length, added to your boat

2yellowdogs

Yellowallison, How did you make out running the deer? I brought some of my friends in fore and in two drives the 4 of us shot 2 8 points a 7 point and 2 doe's. Not to bad. Now I can get back to goose and duck hunting...

With all the snow we have I cant run that ally until hopefully 1st week in January. This is killing me I was hopeing the wife would buy it for me for x-mas I guess it will have to be a birthday present now. b-day 1/15/**

2yellowdogs

Yellowallison

Yellowallison, How did you make out running the deer?
this weekend I/we didn't kill anything other than some good times............but we've had a good season so far.. we killed about 10-12 decent bucks and last weekend a buddy killed a nice 12 point.

Biggest thing this weeknd the weather here in Florida was great ... and I just enjoyed another great weekend of being in the woods and didn't have to order MERC pistons this morning!! :p :p

Saturday afternoon we had some fun.... buddy of mine turned his hog dog( PIT BULL) on some hogs we've seen going into a pond. That ole PITBULL went in there and started kickin some HOGS butt.. he was scattering'm out and sending to the hill. I ended up putting a .357 MAG in 2 when they came running by me. We ended up killing like 4-5. Made for soem good afternoon fun and laughs!

brought some of my friends in fore and in two drives the 4 of us shot 2 8 points a 7 point and 2 doe's. Not to bad.
............................ YU can say that again - DANG CONGRADS!!! !!!

Now I can get back to goose and duck hunting...
............so when we going???????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: cause RANGERNGERLUVINFIREMAN says he buying all the BEER and Steaks!!!!!! :p :p :p

Yellowallison

With all the snow we have I cant run that ally until hopefully 1st week in January. This is killing me I was hopeing the wife would buy it for me for x-mas I guess it will have to be a birthday present now. b-day 1/15/**

Cmon YellowDog... letz GET that paper work DUN!!!...

Heck with Snow..... hook it up and drag to Florida.. we'll unload her and take down the river here for spin.

Itz 60-70 during the day here in Jacksonville...

What better time for you and the family.. spent Christmas in Florida with your new ALLISON! :p :p :p :p :p :p

2yellowdogs

Yellowallison, I would love to. I will be in fl. in april going to the keys to fish for some tarpon and then hang with some friends in west palm. You near any of those I sure would love to shoot one of them pigs? I will most likely pick up the alley in Jan. that looks like the soonest with this weather, It does not seem to want to stop snowing. Calling for a winter mix on thursday.

2yellowdogs

Yellowallison

Yellowdog......

Yellowallison, I would love to. I will be in fl. in april going to the keys to fish for some tarpon and then hang with some friends in west palm
Let me know when your coming... yu can either make to a pit stop here in Jax or I might hook up my YOUNG boat and go to the KEYS with ya....

Stay in touch!!!!