need some driving tips 2002

Darth VMAX

i also found out my live well had about 12" of water in it. i had the valve closed, but it must have leaked past it.
I have the same problem. Its pretty frustrating sometimes. I have thought about putting one of those old school brass/rubber twist plugs in it when I want to keep it empty.

suicidealli

that is what im going to do....... cant believe atleast 20 gal of water, came in, but it didnt leak out!!!!!!! freakin an extra 100 lbs of weight.. i figure about 280-300 total lbs of extra weight in the boat... then me by myself... no doubt this thing is going to run in the teens... cant wait.....

roy

Myron

most of the water comes from the overflow tube, when you reverse it pushes the water in

hack02

I put a rubber cover over the grate intake of my 02's. You can find one at the hardware store. When your running it doesn't effect anything.
On my last boat I found a good height just a little above even where the boat bit hard and accelerated with minimal slip. Testing showed no gain in speed by raising the propshaft higher than this. All raising did was make the boat flightier to drive. That was on my hull anyway.
If the nose is falling at a hundred it sounds like its losing bite and may be about to blow out. Just thinking out loud.

suicidealli

it doesnt drop a lot hack. just flatens out. not like a blow out. more like locked on a rail.
my ss did the samething. the nose sligtly drops if you creep up on a 100. i thought most of the allys did this..

roy

john4utvols

Roy, Just remember the nose feels alot higher in the SS than the 2002. So you might be thinking your running flat. When I owned my SS I would give rides to guys that owned 2002 and there first word out of there mouth would be the nose sure rides high.

bringit

roy,it sounds as if u need to shave all the lip off,and put a fast and furious wing on the back!seriously when im in my 02 it feels like im flying higher than it really is.sounds like u need to test trimming in a safe place.just to get a feel,by the way are u gonna run jasper?if so i think you will need a 30'' chopper,i hear they really run out there!!!he he he he he.thanks for the deal on the ecu.shawn

hack02

I hear ya Roy; like when they quit pulling on top and they kinda drop over. Sounds like she's running pretty good.