Richard is getting that 280 rolling

suicidealli

He went out yesterday, and put up some more good numbers with that 280.
Threw a blade on the 27 trophy.lol imagine that.. I'm sure he will be posting more with speeds.. I think there will b some 250's out a little skerred when he really learns how to drive it...lol would be crazy if that boat could run a 100, but it might be possible... He is really doing well with the seat time he has.
Congrades Richard!!!!!!!! We have been texting everyday, and he is a fast learner.... He is impressing me!!!!! Awesome job Richard!!!!!!!

Roy

Allyfishing

You're not a kidding there Roy!!!! And if he has as much boat in the water as he says there is according to his latest video and at 91.5 already I'm sure that in time 100 will be possible. If not Richard, then someone else who jumps in that boat and runs it.

He is doing incredible at such an early driving stage!!!! He has got to have a hard time sleeping at nite!!!

xb03fs

Pretty pumped about his results as well...he must have picked up a good deal watching at the rally's because he is apparently a natural with these things....I know I struggled the whole first summer....the 280 may eat up some 3 liters at least the 225s

xb03fs

Looks like a little extra setback can help these hulls also

Alli-drenaline Rush

Thanks guys! As Roy said, I took the Ally out yesterday, and had my introduction to hi-po boating (Roys' consolation phrase when I texted a pic of the Trophy lol). Anyway I threw a blade at 89 mph, 1/2" - 1" under the pad. The cavitation plate was ok. Trolled back to the ramp at 2.5 mph and changed out to a 28p Hydro..... made one pass and clocked 91.5 mph..... that pass was made at a bit shy of 1" below the pad. No idea of RPMs.

Following is a video of a few passes at 84 mph max with the Trophy plus.... the first clip is quite shaky, but they get better.....

FYI - the far shore is 800 yards away (gives you an idea of the distance to accelerate to 84)....

Also I putted around the lake a few years ago when it was down 7 ft, so I know where all the stumps are (can run with confidence now that the lake is only a few feet low). Stumps keep jet-fleas, cabin cruisers and bow-riders off this part of the lake.....

The 91.5 mph run was made by starting here, running to the far shore at about 70, then executing a sweeping 60 degree turn and nail it until I reach a stump field about 1/2 mile away.....

BTW - In 10 years of boating, I never threw a blade on the Ranger lol.... takes only a few hours in the Ally lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAXkvL1sI8&feature=youtu.be

Alli-drenaline Rush

Pretty pumped about his results as well...he must have picked up a good deal watching at the rally's because he is apparently a natural with these things....I know I struggled the whole first summer....the 280 may eat up some 3 liters at least the 225s
I want to acknowledge that I have had some great teachers.... Roy, Craig, Nathan and all the guys who frequent the board..... you may think that you're just jawing, but there are those of us out there who are learning a lot from what you write.....

2003225X

That blade must have come off at the perfect time during the prop rotation, or it could have been ugly!

The video looks like there is A LOT of boat still in the water, and it also looks real windy. I would think it is going to run some good numbers with more seat time and getting the setup tweaked.

suicidealli

Looks good Richard trim angle looks perfect. The motor is low still. Your looking good bro.
The back of the boat will get cleaner when the motor is raised. Just remember what I told you baby steps.. Small increments, learn as you go...
look like you have been driving them for years..
Roy

fnshrmaster

I want to acknowledge that I have had some great teachers.... Roy, Craig, Nathan and all the guys who frequent the board..... you may think that you're just jawing, but there are those of us out there who are learning a lot from what you write.....
I have to agree, I have picked up a lot from this board along the way. This will be my second year owning an Allison, if you have a question you can bet the answer will be found here.

That's a great video, only two more months to go for us here in Michigan. Glad you did not damage anything with the blade thrower! Kurt

Alli-drenaline Rush

That blade must have come off at the perfect time during the prop rotation, or it could have been ugly!

The video looks like there is A LOT of boat still in the water, and it also looks real windy. I would think it is going to run some good numbers with more seat time and getting the setup tweaked.
It was windy! I was running into 14 mph gusting to 22... !

GotMyAlly

LOL....i told ya that trophy wouldn't last on a 21!

Good run with the hydromotive.

I think the 21's always look like they're running real wet because the pad is recessed so far up under the boat. Makes it look like water is spraying out from under the back seat.

Last edited:

TBuck2003

Next time out get a reading on the tach with the 28 QIV OT. This will tell me a lot regrading motor height and such... Good job, be fast ,be safe.

patches

Might think about having that propshaft run out checked. Throwing a blade is pretty tough on a gearcase

Alli-drenaline Rush

Good idea Erik.... I changed gearcase oil last night, and no water came out... I do intend to check it frequently for at least the next few hours.

I had not thought about run-out..... I can definitely check it, as I have the proper gauge available to do so..... Just never had much of a need for the gauge until now!!!

Alli-drenaline Rush

How was the holeshot with the 28"?
Neal..... without tucking the motor under, I saw a bit more bow rise with the Hydro as compared to that which i observed with the Trophy, but she still jumps out of the hole pretty good.... Of course, my reference point is a Ranger that had 30 fewer ponies and 700 - 800 lbs more mass, so a ho-hum hole shot by your standards is a rocket by mine.... I will nonetheless get some video on Mar 2 of a holeshot so you can judge for yourself whether it is decent or not...

Richard