Ron hill vs merc

whipper

My limiter is at 6750. Good question chad as of now I'm just fishing and weekend riding. and for fishing the 26 trophy does great! I'm just wanting to be faster than that on the weekend rides! And try not to b**ch at me for getting rid of the 280:idiot no really I don't regret it I was scared of the $ if I burnt it up! If I had a prop that would put me over 90 and still get up ok that would be great:smile

Maybe ill have to wait till the promax is done to get there????
Blake, I cant see why 90 isnt possable with a 28. The promax without the limitter would be easyier. My 28 drag3 gets me there in a snap at even to 1/4 above at around 7000. That props just turnning and not moving ya the way it should. I never liked running as high as some of you without the lip. I find props that work in the even range to 1/4 above so I can trim to get ther are more comfortable for me. Up there like you are freeks me out.:big grin

catfish123

I WILL NEVER have my motor as high again as I had it on July 14th, 2012. I agree with you Whipper!!!!!!!!!!

LakeAnna

That prop you have in the picture should be running harder like mentioned by whipper... My GS ran 93 with a 28 chopper 2 et cut with the old limiter and the 225x. It was not tuned either really.
You know anyone that has a good stock et you can try? Maybe that wheel you have has some issues??? You never know until you stick one on the gauge... Props are kind of a crap shoot, I mean you could just have a slow/bent 28 that needs attention.

You may want to let the motor down and make some passes with that prop first.

suicidealli

That prop you have in the picture should be running harder like mentioned by whipper... My GS ran 93 with a 28 chopper 2 et cut with the old limiter and the 225x. It was not tuned either really.
You know anyone that has a good stock et you can try? Maybe that wheel you have has some issues??? You never know until you stick one on the gauge... Props are kind of a crap shoot, I mean you could just have a slow/bent 28 that needs attention.

You may want to let the motor down and make some passes with that prop first.
You got that right!!!!!!! When I put props on the gauge I'm amazed what I find. Some stock props are all over the place too. With the right tools you can make some props a lot better!!!!!!!!!!

Roy

chad202

Still at 14" setback? We set that boat up with a 280 and two batteries. Now with more weight and less motor, you either need some lip put back on or get a good stern lifting prop. Maybe you can come in with the motor to 10" or so. With the lip at .010, it doesn't like weight further back. It drags the rear and really doesn't free up. I'm pretty busy with ball but maybe the wkd of the 25th we can hook up and I'll help you. I have a few props you can try.

blake985

Still the same exact set up except the powerhead. When I bought it Padu had 3 batts in it? I think I'm free that weekend that would be awesome!
give me a call or text 985-519-0584