Rumblings on Lake X

David Shook

I've hever heard of such covert operations going on, I'm gonna gonna get Jack 24 Bauer to drive my boat, and what 's the deal Red, you setting on a conspiricy and not telling your old bud Shook?
Here's the deal, if someone has an APBA sanctioned kilo event and does not open it up to me and everyone else, that would be chicken ****, as the ones I ran in were open to all.
Now if we're talking GPS and radar that ain't **** and as long as you don't have any extra numbers on your keyboard, I can can at least stay even LOFL !!!!!!
Do it the correct way with the APBA and give me a day or two warning as I haven't made a hard run in four years and it would be nice to have a chance to get the rat crap outta the fishing boat.
I'm not sure many of you know what it takes to set a speed record, although it is a 5/8 mile run in opposite directions you have to maintain your top speed for well over a mile each way , it ain't just top speed, if that is what it was I could have shown ya'll some big numbers?
All this crap about special built boats, motors with ports big as Colt 45 cans, remember if you were to beat me, my boat came out of a junkyard, the motor was factory stock, I'm not a mechanic, nobody helped me one penny and I was 57 yrs old at the time , What a shallow victory that would be for you special boat and big motor builders, if you win you still lose!
And all this time posting, that's funny, I called Glenn Reynolds in 2001, let's see thats almost a decade ago LOL, and told him I was GPS'ing over 120 .what could I do with it, he just laughed and said I guess you could take a picture of the gps and show it, how lame was that , and still is!
Good Luck
Shook

RedAllison

lol naw David I aint "sittin on any conspiracy". There's a few garages just like yours across the country with regular workin folks sandin, grindin and portin in hopes of hangin their names inda books one day. If they want to disclose who they are then they are certainly welcome here, but I will let THEM be the ones who tell everyone.

As for the APBA I think there are what, two events planned for this year? One on the west coast and possibly another somewhere back east here?

By all means you ARE correct sir, awfully damned hard to claim you got the ABPA Worlds Record without first running at an APBA event!!! He said, she said and here's my GPS or a Polaroid of Barney Fife's radargun means SQUAT in the record books.

Shook as good as I've heard you got your stuff running, I think you should reset your own record. The older you get the better you sposta be!!! :big grin :at the bar
RA

ROBERT CROSS

:cool Where do we send it for the autograph?

For real....anyone got the skinny on the covert operation? Will my shirt be obsolete? :confused:

Last edited:

racerx

When you get a world record,do they give you any money,or just a bragging right,kinda thing?

msharp

Dont know about any money , but when dude does it with LIMITED FUNDS and NO sponsors, WHAT else is there??????????? GO SHOOK !!!!!!!

whipper

Shooks record was scheduled with officials for a certain day with all the testing equipment when he broke the record. The day was far less than perfect also. Theres allot more to it than just running a good run one day. Shook has been way faster than this day of his record.
You get one change when the officials get there and its go big or go home. Weather is a factor. If all things were perfect when these type of official events are scheduled Shook could have been in the 20,s. It would be exiting to know when theres another attempt.
Not to many guys running any faster than David on a regular basis in an 02!!
Shooks still the man to beat in a fishing boat.

msharp

I've heard that The koolaid boys been working on a boat for a LONG time to TRY to brake the record .:LMAO: :LMAO:

racerx

Whipper you mention not good weather day.Was it windy or raining?I have to say,116 is gettin it,and its nice it was an allison,i didnt know they were settin up for a new record? I told Ron Baker senior,to let me know when a new record was goona be tryed, i havent heard from him.

patches

It would be neat to see a few different ones trying it. The way it was on that 87 NOA speed trial video.

J

John Richied

It would be neat to see a few different ones trying it. The way it was on that 87 NOA speed trial video.
Yeah it would be neat to see Bullet, Stroker and Allison all at the same run.