Rumblings on Lake X

msharp

yes i have been around awhile .I know alot of respectable people myself . you know what went on at fastbass ,you know what was said and so do i . BTW can anyone buy a boat at a bullet dealer like you are talking about ? IF yes what is the estimated cost ?????

ROBERT CROSS

:wink Learning more with every post....

Sure would make a nice fast boat vacation...

The more builders represented the better...

:confused: Nieve newbie talk'n...:wink

xb03fs

there are Alley owners with a bunch of jack, two or three carbon fiber drags i am sure a carbon fiber xb2002 could be made, just the big spending allison owner seem to be serious drag racers or serious fishermen xb21s or collect several alleys for each type of outing

id love to have a GS for skiiing playing, a stroker for fishing and a xr to fly, i am not rich so i got a xb2003 to do it all pretty damn well

Paul nichols

Yes anyone can buy a boat like they're building me at ANY Bullet dealership. To be honest I don't know the cost, but I'd say around $23,000-$24,000. Colin Hall has one, Jerry Petifer has one, and a guy in Texas has a 2005 model (he bought his used from Ryan Weeks). I think there is one other that may have been built.

Paul

xb03fs

i am a naive newbie as well havnt even hung the motor yet, but think iy would make one hell of a vacation

msharp

The main deal is that one dude got a used XB2002 put it together, with used stuff ,now a dudes having a hull built , not the every day bullet, to try to beat it ! IF the boats were everyday off the showroom , Who could say anything ??????? are you saying that a stocker wont do it ???

Paul nichols

No a 1200 lb Bullet will not run with a 700 lb Allison and a 700 lb Allison is not an every day boat either. The APBA make the rules...I really don't see what your point is? Why does the price of the rig or where it was bought from or how old the boat is make a difference? I can go get Jerry Petifer's 1991 model and do the same thing...it looks rough and isn't worth more than $4000-5000, would that make it any different? I have a friend that's going to trade me a gear set in exchange for me replacing the carpet in his boat, I'm going to borrow a 15'' mid-section from another friend because I don't have the money right now for a mid-section. I have an older beatup cowling and as soon as I get enough money up I'm going to send my gearcase to Titus Grisham. I only own 1 prop and it a 28ET cut chopper. I had less than $10,000 in my 17CC that went 122 MPH. I'm not sure what your talking about when it comes to old stuff verses newer stuff...what does it matter. Like I said the APBA make the rules and as far as I know anyone can call and order a new Allison boat, but it will weigh more than 700 lbs unless you special order the boat. Maybe there should be a class where you can only have a certain amount of money in your boat and you have to run used parts? I don't make the rules..if I did I would have been able to run my 17CC at the record run in Florida a few years ago...my boat was a POS compared to all the other boat there.

Paul

msharp

Price dont make any difference ! I think its kinda FUNNY ,cant take a stocker to do it .IF the boats weigh the same ,then it will be fair . GO get a comp hull, fishable , 20 like what all these boys are fishing out of and lets see what happens ???

whipper

I never read the Fass bass thread but any production stock boat with stock power that a person runs in the 120,s like Shook does and you Paul has my vote.
I realize the record is a little less but we all know Shook runs in the 120,s also. Personally I respect all off you guys with the driving capabilities to run such numbers with a single out board vee. I agree with you Paul it doesnt matter about price. Its just a great boat and motor thats running right and a driver with the know how to feel whats going on at those extreme speeds. Some days you can reach them some days ya cant. A little to windy the humidity is to high whatever. Theres a lot of variables that can scrub a few MPH I'm sure for you guys. I Also think competition is healthy. I hope your Bullet runs like a scaled dog and that you stay safe for sure. I love all boats. My favorite saying is "what ever floats your boat." Ive had to row before and am just happy I have the boat I have now and don't have to row anymore.:big grin I talk about Dave Shook and his record when i can because Ive had the pleasure of talking to David on occasion over the phone and taken his advice and respect his achievements. I own an Allison and am a team player with respect to my loyalty to Allison Boats. BUT I also admire and respect other peoples achievements on and off the water along with there hulls of choice. Lets face it theres lots of great boats out there. Just like theres lots of great football teams. I'm cheering for my home team no matter what. Thats just normal I think?[;? But if you Paul or any one else weather in an Allison or a Bullet or any other boat can break a record my hats off to ya. In the mean time the Shook is the man. Even if his or anyone else's record is broken that wont change the fact they are still record holders in the books. Records are there to be broken. If you Paul or any one else can break a record it would be quite an accomplishment and again like i said before my hats off to ya.
I dont think most of us hear dislike you at all. Heck I dont even know you. Ive read your posts on some other forums also and you sound like great guy. I really repect you for your loyalty to Bullets and helping them to reach achevments with there hulls that otherwise couldnt be met without a driver thats dedicated as you are. Thats the same way I feel about David,Glen,Darris,Rocket,Gene ect with respect to Allison boats. These companies need the exposure to help them live on. So go get some and dont be surprised if theres an A boat in hot prusute.:big grin

bruce pitts

just think a carp boat started all of this now are we having fun or what that shook got from the junk yard and made a fine crap boat took her to water and made her famous
shook you are the man to be the man you got to beat man

catfish123

Whipper.......your feelings on this whole thing that you once again have expressed very well are exactly how I feel. I have the utmost respect for Shook, Paul, and all the others who have been there, done it, and have provided us with our "boating heroes". There are many others, who although they have never held any official records, have run some remarkable speeds. I can't imagine running the speeds many of them do. It takes a certain person, with a certain talent, dedication and committment to do it. They should all be commended for their efforts. Whether it's an Allison, Bullet, Stroker, carp boat, new boat, old boat, expensive boat, cheap boat, etc, it just doesn't seem to be all that important. All these guys put their life on the line in love of the challenge/enjoyment they get from it and the competition. Let's all just let them enjoy it while we sit on the sidelines in awe of what they do. That's where I'll be........LOL.........too chicken to try it myself!

Last edited:

Alli-drenaline Rush

Catfish,

Would you please be so kind as to explain the meaning of the phrase "carp boat?"

Thanks,
Richard

:idiot

ROBERT CROSS

that sure is a good looking boat you've got there, robert cross
sorry about the :argue

:relax: No sorry's needed Harp. We go thru the same thing on the RV forum I belong to. Kinda fun actually...but my sarcasm can get me in trouble.

:very happy Yeah I'm a little partial to the GSE myself but we just got it last Oct and I only have about 2hrs seat time with the PO, so this Season can't come soon enough. Heard talk of a get together at the factory, now that would be the place to learn.

I think the Whip flattened the wave the best...good competition is what everyone is after....but then again MY boat IS better than YOURS.:wink

Rich, ain't those Lake Fork carp your hold'n there?

Last edited:

Paul nichols

Thanks guys...like I said, I wish people would just ask me a question instead of starting rumors about me and what my intentions are. I think people take this stuff way to seriously and make it a personal thing. I grew up with my dad selling Bullet boats to make a living so he could put food on the table. I loved the boats as a kid and I still do...I've spent a lot of time running up and down the lake in a Bullet boat so I'm very comfortable with the boats at higher speeds. If my dad had sold Allison boat when I was growing up I would more than likely be running an Allison boat.

One thing that I think ''msharp'' is assuming is that the boat being built for me will be lighter than David's boat...it will not be lighter, I can guarantee you it will weigh more. If I want to put a trolling motor on the boat and start fishing I can do that.

Thanks, Paul

catfish123

Shook refers to his boat as a "carp boat"......mine has been too sometimes because when the bass aren't biting, I'll fish for anything.

bringit

i dont know any of u cats but shook,and i guarantee i would like that record but i would beat someone straight up for it bycracky!shook is a real GOOD guy may be old and demented but all of us is going that way.dont worry shook i gotcha back.thanks shawn

msharp

i dont know any of u cats but shook,and i guarantee i would like that record but i would beat someone straight up for it bycracky!shook is a real good guy may be old and demented but all of us is going that way.dont worry shook i gotcha back.thanks shawn
bringit i'll be rite beside you all !!!!