Sad New- Tom Vickery

RedAllison

I feel like someone just punched me in the guts!!! I am honestly in SHOCK. I REALLY liked Mr. Tom he was just a great man who was always quick to help anyone and was very smart about boats. My wife Michelle and I had the honor of sharing dinner with Mr. Tom and Scott at the very first A-rally, they rode with us too the Allison catifish house as well and you could just tell he was a special person.

I'm just SHOCKED, I don't know what to say. Mr. Tom even replied on the night of the 28th wishing me luck and the Lord's blessing during my recovery. Now I return those wishes and prayers too Scott and his family, I know this is a terrible loss. :very sad

If I were able to travel right now I'd be on a plane to Jacksonville this afternoon! Scott if you or your family need ANYTHING from any of us here you know all you have to do is drop a request on the phone or PM box.

GOD BLESS the Vickery family and I know Mr. Tom is up there today, finally "HOME". We'll all see him again one day.
RA

Yellowallison

God Bless all of you.......for the kind words!!

Last night the Good Lord decided he needed another great fisherman in heaven..so he took great guy I called dad and so many-many folks called thier best friend Tom.

Dad spent all day yesterday working on putting together a 1:62SM at my uncles dealership and was all already to go fishing today and see how it ran compared to his 1:75 case.

Dad arrived home about 10 minutes before mom after church last night who found him 'Gone to Heaven' laying beside his truck.

Thanks again for the kinds words everybody.....Much appreciated. In honor of Dad....we are going to include his truck/Allison in the funeral.

His viewing is Sunday night and the funeral is Monday.

Last edited:

Leigh

Our condolences to you and your family. I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with Mr. Vickery. He was such a nice man.

SSTOM

Sorry for your loss Scott prayers for you and the family. If you need anything let me know. Tom

hack02

Sorry to hear the news. Tom was one of the best, and he will be missed. Prayers sent for the entire family. Take care of your mamma Scott, she'll need you now more than ever.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Scott I am so sorry to hear the news. You and your family will be in our prayers!

I was blessed to know Tom and my son and I had the pleasure of being in his boat on Cherokee in 2005. He was a very kind, generous and gentle man and Louis and I will never forget the time we spent with him.

Scott, if there is anything you need or just to talk, I'm here for you. Keep strong in your faith because we know this separation is a comma, not a period.

Love to you and yours from all the Joneses.

ziemer

Scott, I'm terribly sorry your loss. I know how close you guys were and I'm sure he will be deeply missed by many. :wink

Sometimes the big guy has plans that we may never understand. One thing for sure, he's in a place where the fish always bite, the beer's always cold, and the Allisons never run outta gas. :cool

You got my number if ya need anything.

Myron

this hard to believe, we have spent many days on the Big O, and Toho fishing the Red Man trail. Scott, you guys are in thoughts, you know if you need anything give me a yell

The Cashew Kid

Sorry to hear this news. I never met your dad Scott but have heard so many good things about him. Prayers to you and your family.

Yellowallison

For everyone who has ask, here are the arrangements that have been made for Scott's father. I personally would like to thank everyone for the nice commentsl; they mean a lot to Scott (and the entire family). Thanks, Christy

Visitation will be Sunday from 4-6 p.m. at Hardage-Giddens funeral home on Normandy Blvd at Memorial Park Rd. Phone (781-9262)

Funeral Service will be held Monday at 11 a.m. at Murray Hill Baptist Church on Post St. Phone (388-8531)

Meyers

Scott and Christy my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Mr. Tom was a great man and he will be missed.

To those that never met Tom he was kind and loved his boat and fishing. I never met Mr. Tom but he was going to take me for a ride in the 2+2 after he put the sporty on the motor. Most of you have seen my post on this site about wanting more information on a 2+2 and Scott told me to give his dad a call. I called him 2 Fridays ago in the afternoon and I introduced myself and told him that I had never seen one in person and he told me all about the boat and that I could come by the house and see it. I asked about the fuel mileage and he said hold on a second I will tell you how good it is...the next thing I heard was the beep of him turning the key to "on" so he could check the smartcraft guage. It was at this point that I realized that we had talked for over 25 minutes while he was on the water. I told him that I could call him back so that he could continue to fish around Hog Island but he insisted that he was fishing alone today and that he wanted to make sure I got all of my questions answered. This anecdote truly told me that he was a compassionate man and I send my regards to your family.

Scott I am just a few minutes south of you and if you need anything, please reach out to me.

papasallison

2011 FastPass MVP
Very sad to hear about your Dad, Scott. Remember meeting him at one of the rally's. Enjoyed hanging out and talking with him. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

badbait

Scott, I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with your dad at Jasper a few years ago. My heart goes out to you and all your family. I know you will always be very proud to be the son of Tom Vickery. Prayers sent.

props4u2

Scott,
Very sorry to hear about your Dad. He was a fun person to be around with plenty of stories.
My condolences to you and your family.

Fish on Mr. Vickery!!!!!

Lee