Sad New- Tom Vickery

froggy

Scott,

I was looking forward to meeting your Dad while in JAX. I guess that will have to wait a while. Everything I've heard about, and read, on these threads, about your Dad tells me he was a great guy. You are a lucky guy to have had a Dad like that.

I know that WEB words won't replace your Dad, but I hope you understand that we are here for you.

froggy

Yellowallison

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful condolence and prayers they are deeply appreciated, at the passing of my husband (Tom) and Scott's father.
Myrna Vickery

Vickery Jr., Loyd "Tom" View/Sign Guest BookVICKERY Loyd "Tom" Vickery Jr., 66, passed away Wednesday April 29, 2009 at his home. He was born January 25, 1943 in Jacksonville where he has lived all his life. He was a member of Murray Hill Baptist Church. He had a passion for fishing, boat racing, hunting, camping, an avid Gator fan and most of all his family and friends. He would do anything for anyone and was a true friend who had no enemies. He retired from JEA as a Facilities Director. He is survived by his father, L.T. Vickery Sr., his devoted wife of 43 years, Myrna Vickery, his son, Scott Vickery (Christy), 4 cousins, a nephew, Andrew Vickery, 2 nieces, Shannon Tilly and Nancy Carpenter, 5 very special great-nieces and great-nephew. The family will receive friends Sunday, May 3 , 2009 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. at Hardage-Giddens Town and Country Chapel. Funeral Services will be conducted Monday, May 4, 2009 11:00 a.m. at Murray Hills Baptist Church. Interment will follow in Riverside Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Murray Hill Baptist Church building fund. Arrangements by Hardage-Giddens Town and Country Funeral Home 7242 Normandy Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32205. Please Sign the Guestbook @ Jacksonville.com
Published in the Florida Times-Union from 5/1/2009 - 5/2/2009 NoticeGuest BookFlowersVisit the gift shopCharities
Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.

Last edited:

ALLISONCHICK

Mryna.... You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly as well as scott. You are such a lovely mother, wife and all around person. Im sorry that we can not be there atleast to give you a huge hug! I am extremely sorry for your loss but comforted to know that my dad has a new friend in heaven. And to know that i will see them both again one day puts me as some sort of ease.

We love you and scott and please let us know if you need anything!

Jessica

Scott Gilmore

Scott, so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. I only met him a few times but remember he was a kind man and a big Gator fan. My condolences to you and your family. Scott