The Sack O Cats is dead

GFinch

Still in one piece.:shock: 4 stroaking is pretty much gone. Need a way to increase the trim speed. This OMC Fast Track unit isn't, even with 24v, 10 guage wire, starter solinoids......

Attachments

J

John Richied

How do you see where you are going? Or do you just use the force? :gasp

SLOmofo

I was at the lake, some guy just jumped in the boat and threw a towel over his head. Actually it's Dave down loading data from the ViPec and then tuning it. Lap tops and sun light don't mix.
Now, I got to get this trim to go faster ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :furious If it isn't one thing it's another.

badbait

Is it possible that you don't have to trim all the way in using the low rake props like the 26 yamaha? Come in a inch on your setback that will help. I really don't think you need more than 5" but I think you said you would have a clearance problem at 5". How many seconds does it take from all the way in to nuetral trim.

Last edited:

GFinch

Is it possible that you don't have to trim all the way in using the low rake props like the 26 yamaha? Come in a inch on your setback that will help. I really don't think you need more than 5" but I think you said you would have a clearance problem at 5". How many seconds does it take from all the way in to nuetral trim.

My plan was to have a RacePac IQ3 on it but theive been back ordered for quite a while.
http://www.racepak.com/Components/IQ3.php
The logging and GPS would really help in setting up and testing!
I'll have a week at Shasta to play with props, engine height, trim limit settings. Didn't know your going to be so busy working on my boat did you! :wink
I am going back to the 7" setting. I had tried to put a 4" plate on but I wasn't able to tilt the engine very far for trailering. I have a set of 2" spacers, maybe I should combine them with the 4" plate?

What to do! What to do!

TWO LONG seconds is what Dave said.

badbait

To bad you don't have the clearance for the 4" plate. 4 inches with the 2" spacers would be the next best thing. I'll check and see what I have on the shelves. If I have something you can stop by my place on the way to Shasta and we can put it on.

GFinch

Issues today. If it isn't one thing it's another. Wild Flower Iron Man was at the lake this weekend. They were shuttling people back and forth from one side of the lake to the other in pontoon boats. Plus there was a strong wind down the lake white capping it. Wakes hidden by white caps, OH Goody. Spent an hour or so trouble shooting a pyro that was first working then intermittent, then dead. Wire pulled out of the connector. Thought I lost another coil. Sometimes to much info isn't a good thing.
Then I added a 5 gallon container of gas which didn't look to have oil in it. Rather then assume it had oil, I called it a day and came home.
Got the new to me cowl to fit and stay on. Now I have to reroute all the wiring, cables and hoses because of the lack of clearance due to the change from 8" to 6" setback.
One more shake down weekend before the WAR10. Then I can relax!

Attachments

Last edited:

badbait

Gary, what did you think of the 6" setback? You must of been able to make a few holeshots. I bet the boat is a little easier to control out of the hole. Could you tell if you still have enough bow lift? Call me when you have time.

J

John Richied

Okay Gary I’m scared…. All this talk has me worried. :wink

ooooooh heck, Let's Drag Baby! :razz

Last edited by a moderator: