WAR 2010 Where

cj707

Almanor (Elevation 4,300'):
Banks Lake: Aaron, Brian, Lars(what the hell. If we cant go to Havaspew)
Delta (Sea level): Lou, Bob, Jay, Ron
Shasta: Bill, Gene, Gary, Mike

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
From the first paragraph, this beeyotch must've checked in the day AFTER the WAR was over:

"From the pictures I could tell that it was an older hotel, pretty outdated but it was for work so I didnt have a choice. My room smelt like pee when I first walked in. The bathroom wasnt the cleanest. The bathtub had blue scum around the drain. There is only one accessible outlet in the room which is behind the refridgerator and microwave, so you have to unplug one of those to plug something in. I had to switch off from charging my phone to charging my laptop, very inconvenient.

They claim they have Wireless internet but it was seldom that I actually got to use it. I think there was only 4 other rooms being occupied on my floor and if more than one person was on the internet it said that the system was full.... I tried at 6am, 2pm and after 11pm, all different times I was unable to access the internet.

A co worker and I decided to try the cafe that is in the hotel. We gave ourselves an hour to eat before we had to be at work. There was only 2 other tables besides ours and it took 55 minutes to get a basic breakfast. The food wasnt anything spectacularly, the service was horrible. If you have alot of time to eat, then check it out but I wouldnt waste your time or money.

Another thing that was frustrating was that my room keys were so sensitive to everything that they would deactivate anytime it was in my purse. So, everytime I went back to my room, I would have to go downstairs and get it re-activated. It was no where near my cell phone or my credit cards and it still deactivated at least once a day. I stayed there a week.

So, if you can avoid staying at this hotel I would recommend you stay somewhere else. It needs to be updated, I was sent back to 1986 when I walked in the room and saw the decor."

-------------

PERFECT for our crew

BornYoung

I was just waiting on the sidelines to see where we end up. Next year might be out for me but I'll try to sneak in a day or two.
Wife

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Cherokee Lake! :big grin

Hey..Has anybody asked the RAIN on how it's going to vote? Unless there's a deluge, Salt Creek at Shasta will be Salt Canyon.

badbait

Lou has a good point in regards to Shasta. If it were picked we may have to book two places (for example Shasta and the Delta) and thirty days before the Rally cancel one of them.

aaronmt

Lou has a good point in regards to Shasta. If it were picked we may have to book two places (for example Shasta and the Delta) and thirty days before the Rally cancel one of them.
Yep exactly.THere would be no wrries about haveing to book two places. Plenty of water at Banks and the accomadations are amazing.We go everyear and always have a great time.I honestly dont think you can go wrong with Banks Lake.Theres a huge bass tournament up there so I know theres lots of good fishing.I guarantee theres plenty of places to prop test.And plenty of sandy beaches to park on and watch the festivities.What better can ya get then that. Aaron