WAR 2020

dubmoney

Crap, I don't even have a steering wheel on mine. Purchased a new wheel, and it has 3" more dish or offset, so I need to machine the hub down, or find a new one that will work, so far haven't had any luck.

fastglass1

I have been sorting tackle. First, I have way to much of it and second, it is not organized any more. Slowly getting there but this cold weather make it hard to get much done. Once it warms up, I need to pull the throttle and shift cables. They are sticking making it hard to shift.

Really looking forward to some better weather and great fishing this year.

SLOmofo

I talked to Bill Smith last night. Didn't have anything better to do. He sounds chipper and now has new interests. Paddle boarding and Green powered mountain biking. Attempted to shame him into coming to the WAR2020. Told him I might take him fishing in the Champion. Told him to suit up! Said he had a new project engine. Looks better than most of his stuff already.14596

G Allen

Last year Lars told me to get a ProMax prop for my XTB. I found one, a lab finish lightly used 14 1/2 /26 and the fatty flo torque hub from fleaBay is currently in the mail for it. Need to get that triple A tow insurance set up in case I explode another tire on the way out. Also going yo pick up a star wrench that will fit the truck AND the trailer tire lug nuts. Gonna test the boat starter battery and likely replace it. The troll batteries should still be solid.

Spent a fair amount of time at the University of YouTube prepping to rip salmonid lips, there are some beyond helpful Shasta and Trinity lake related episodes there. My goal is to catch enough to feed the crew one of those nights with enough leftovers for sammiches on da water. The meals prepared by the crew last year were every bit as consistently tasty as the distilled adult beverages. Somebody better bring another guitar picker with them. My game face is on, and gonna bring better foul weather gear even though we are going to get a lot of good fishing days this time...

O'Brien 21

I'm bringing a guest this year.https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=f77f34ddd6&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1660289647443275124&th=170a88a3441d6d74&view=att&disp=safe

West Coast Bull

How is everyone holding up ?we are all family Let’s keep the normal boating conversations and ribbing going as a getaway from the world news. Gene is in he’s safe spot :p

fastglass1

Fortunately, I work for a company that is still open and allowing work from home. I have been working from home since last Wednesday and did manage to sneak out of work on Friday without my manager knowing. First time out fishing this year. Boat ran well but with the changes I have made, I think I need to lower the engine on the setback plate and get some seat time as it handles a lot different. I removed the hydraulic setback plate last year and replaced with a fixed setback. This lightened the back a lot. This year I go a hold of a Bravo prop which has a lot of stern lift. To keep water pressure, I need to run the jackplate almost all of the way down. I did manage low 80's but really need to be able to get back into the 90's.

Oh, I did manage to catch a few fish.

fastglass1

Traded email with Salt Creek. They are still hoping to be open for our gathering. If I hear anything other than we are a go, I'll post here.

Bob

cj707

There's still a little time, but salt creek are idiots if they're still open. Everything in CA is supposed to be closed