Winter sux

Dave Hensley

Not looking forward to this week at all. I hope everyone exercises the caution this severe weather requires. Stay safe and warm.

GotMyAlly

Tell me about it. I'm snowed in, in MO. Should have been a 6 hr drive home yesterday. After 7 hours on the road, I was still 200 miles from home. Finally found a holiday inn and called it a night. Today will be interesting. Continental breakfast, then puttering along through AR.....

Jr in Jax

Today is going to miserable today here also, just 70 and only partly sunny. I will be glad when Winter is over....

Dave Hensley

Today is going to miserable today here also, just 70 and only partly sunny. I will be glad when Winter is over....
It is headed your way Hot Rod. Coldest Speedweeks in history. Of course 45' therecwith the wind blowing off the ocean is like -10 here. Never been so cold in my life as I was at Volusia County races in 1983.

Dave Hensley

-13 this am with feet on the ground... Feel good about yourself now ??? Lol That is without the windchill.
Yeah but your tough TBuck! I might need to fire up a FB debate with your liberal buddy just to stay warm!! Sorry about that....some things just can't go without comment.

Dave Hensley

Worst situation here. wish we would have gotten snow. 29 degrees, sleet first then freezing rain. about dark it will be ug-ly.

fnshrmaster

We had - 10 yesterday. Current temp is a heatwave, 12 degrees. 6 more weeks and things will start to turn around.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just took the dog out. Everything is covered in ice, raining ice right now, traffic still running good on the main road though.

BigRedAlli

First time ever I got a call from work to stay home. We have 8"+ on the ground and still coming strong. Cleared the driveway twice already. Single digits on the way lasting all week. Guess this is normal for some folks, but I ain't like'n it!!!

Think I'll go clear the driveway again :banghead

Dave Hensley

First time ever I got a call from work to stay home. We have 8"+ on the ground and still coming strong. Cleared the driveway twice already. Single digits on the way lasting all week. Guess this is normal for some folks, but I ain't like'n it!!!

Think I'll go clear the driveway again :banghead
Well if Kentucky had seceded it would be considered the South and you would just be getting an ice storm....

Jon

Supporting Member
Brian, I think if we bundle up we should be able to run tomorrow :)

The girl and I went out in the truck for a minute to cut some donuts, and it wasn't too bad on the road as they had scraped... but there was standing water/slush on the road everywhere and the temp is dropping quick. Its going to be terrible tonight and tomorrow at least. Get a fire going, my power just flickered.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had to take the scenic route to work, trees down everywhere, no power at the house. Hardly anybody showed up to work.

spenccj1

Just nearly shut nashville area down today. I enjoy looking at snow for about one hour and once per year is just enough. Weatherman can keep the ice.

TBuck2003

Yeah but your tough TBuck! I might need to fire up a FB debate with your liberal buddy just to stay warm!! Sorry about that....some things just can't go without comment.
We learn to be hardy up here Dave !!! We have no choice...Global warming will get him going for sure. Grew up with Craig, he was raised in Michigan and Ohio but once he moved to the left coast, he has gone MAD !!! Stay Warm my friend...

Jr in Jax

It is headed your way Hot Rod. Coldest Speedweeks in history. Of course 45' therecwith the wind blowing off the ocean is like -10 here. Never been so cold in my life as I was at Volusia County races in 1983.
I was suffering again today with 68 and it is supposed to be 80 tomorrow in Daytona.