wtb Allison gs or ss

streamrat

Wanted Allison Gs Or Ss
I'am looking for a Allison Gs or Ss side by side front seating with the bench in the back.Can just be hull only or turn key I am open for options on that part.Must be in great shape not looking for anything that needs any work.Any one with any leads?Thanks....Kevin

whipper

Youll be better off buying one with power ready to go. To buy and transport a motor then rigging is another story. Turn Key ready to rock and roll. If you dont need seating for 5 then I would go for the SS. Faster than the GS and just as good in rough water. They are both very sexy looking hulls. I would look for one with a 260 or 280 with 260 electronics and be done with it. I have a 225 on my GS and after a couple of years youll want more power. Trust me on that. Get it done from the start and you will never need more than a 260 or 280 will offer. I want a 260 now but cant afford it. Pluss a pain in the you no what looking again and selling the other one ect.. If you need seating for 5 GS hands down same power.

260/280 Speeds

GS 103-105
SS 110-115++

Expect to pay turn key 12-18 for a mint one of either. Good luck Ill look for ya also and post anthing that comes up. Nice thing also about the SS is finding one with side steer. When your out by your self for a dig you just leave the pass seat in the truck and your helm seat slidesover to near center of the hull for perfict balance. This is a cool and usefull feature. GS has TONS of storage for a family boat. SS will do as a Svelt family hot rod so long as your not talking 4 200+lbders just pack a bit lighter. Cheers

p.s if not a member of Scream and Fly you should be. Hears a link. They also have a large Buy and Sell hulls under 20. Most of us Allison owners will post hear and there also. http://www.screamandfly.com/forumdisplay.php?7-Hulls-up-to-20

Last edited:

whipper

Kevin if this ones still for sale buy her!! Very sweet and classy color combo. Only one I think Ive ever seen like her. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=9536

Now this would be a motor for her also from Tooter with the 15inch mid. You would need to discuss whole package price with him. Hes a reputable fellow though. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=9046

This would make one sweet package and as fast as youll ever want to go ever in your life!!
Props for 105 she would be a rocket out of the hole!! You would be at around the 18 mark with as sick as it gets.

Volatile

Yep, she's still for sale. We've had several would be buyers, but one was trying to sell his 5th wheel camper trailer to raise the money and another just didn't have the money available. Lots of interest in her. She's tucked away in a nice quiet heated storage unit until we finish the 280hp 15" that we'd planned to install for the 5th wheel guy in case his house on wheels trailer sells. It can be purchased with any motor from 150hp on up and with a 20" or 15" mid. All will be fresh powerheads, Sportmaster or nose coned CLE case, 8" jackplate. We also WARRANTY our rebuilt standard and even our race motors. I know of no one else doing that. There are lots of other motors available as well. The one mentioned above sounds very nice also. Give us a call. 815-590-6738

streamrat

Yes already a member of SnF thats where my stream came from and a year later the 2002 225x.Yes I have done my home work on the boats "ss and gs".I do alot of skiing thats why i said gs but also have enough friends with tournament ski boats so thought ss.I wanted to see what was out there for sale thats why i posted for both.If its a sexy color combo thats the one i will go with!!Thanks for looking for me whipper...Cheers!!

Bobalouie

Volatile, what color is that SS? Being color blind I cant figure out if it is a beige or a cool looking green.

Volatile

Its called Mica Mist. Its a beige, with offwhite and tan accents on the seating. Very sharp looking rig. It could look a bit sportier very easily by adding a white wide stripe with a black strip in the center. If I was keeping it I'm not sure if I'd leave it or add some more color. The wings are black, thats why I thought about adding the stripes. Anyway....... its a beautiful boat. Also I know several people that add ski poles to the SS. Much much quicker acceleration than a GS. Topend as well is better.

whipper

Hears a good shot of that SS from when she was forsale 3 or 4 years ago. I was going to sell my GS for her but she sold by the time i decided to.

delgrad59

I hear that an SS is much tighter to squeeze into than a GS. Is that true. Looks like you would have some decent room with the second seat out.

whipper

Whipper, I think I'd soil myself if I was driving up the lake and saw that hanging there.
:gasp Dont do that!! Ya shes a real classy looking SS for sure. I also just found out tonight were theres a 2000 GSE exactly like mine in gel colors with a sweet 99 225 JaySmithRacing engine Short Shaft motor freshend hanging of the back 35 hours ago!!
Both sweet both I want. Oh wait I have one of them!! Yes I love mine dearley:big grin I wish mine motor was a SS though I love how the SShaft motors look the best on a GS or SS.

delgrad59

Dont want to steal any of steamrats potential rides but my wife gave me the approval to start looking for a new ride and I am in the market for the same type of boat (Preferablly a GS but would look at an SS). Doesnt have to be in perfect shape (comestically) but should be structurally sound.

whipper

Dont want to steal any of steamrats potential rides but my wife gave me the approval to start looking for a new ride and I am in the market for the same type of boat (Preferablly a GS but would look at an SS). Doesnt have to be in perfect shape (comestically) but should be structurally sound.
Like I said I know were theres a perfict GSE that looks like the identical twin to mine only a WAY nicer motor. Same year also a 2000 year GSE with a 225SS fresh 40 hrs ago from JSRE good for 960 more hrs.
Should be a mid 90,s anyday GSE. Ill PM the owner and get him to PM both of you some pics or somthing and you guys can take it from there. Later James

cdaallison

I have the GS twin of whippers except mine is a 2000 (boat) and a 1999 225 SS (15 inch mid) Perfect 10!! Call me for info Mike (509) 534-3419 or (509) 953- 9019

Volatile

The GS is more roomy. Not sure I'd call the SS a tight squeeze though. The ski pole is nice on the GS, as is the rear deck area. Both extremely nice hulls. The SS is a little easier to drive IMO. If I had a GS for sale I'd say the same thing. The GS is a bigger boat and just takes more to keep it minding its manners. Both are well laid out, with lots of features. Yours looks very nice Whipper.
Slightly larger interior space and the rear padded deck as mentioned above are the strengths of the GS. Some things will be better inherently on the SS mainly because of its weight, size and more modern bottom design than the GS. The average GS is around 150to 200lbs heavier than the Excel.

Holeshot is better with the SS. Handling is easier with the SS. They both take rough water quite well. Top speed is around 8 to 10mph different with the same power. We've gotten low 90's with a well set up 225 ProMax on the GS. A well set up 260hp will put it right under 100. These were reasonable setups, with usable propping, normal load etc. In other words, we didn't cut every bolt in half and pull out every ounce of weight & run naked down the lake or run some 34P paperthin prop that was unusable for anything but topend. Mark Smiley from DesMoines Iowa ran a 150SS ProMax on his full weight SS Excel when he first bought it and run just over 99mph to see if he could get 100 out of it. So, they will run 100 with a 225 ProMax pretty easily. 110 with a 280, etc.
Horses for courses......Both exceptionally nice hulls. I prefer the SS over the GS (or its basser version, the XB2003), but I like the smaller quicker hulls better yet, like the XR2002 and XR2001, neither of which can take rough water like the GS or SS. Both the XR's have much less room. Comes down to what you are using the boat for, the way the boat looks, what compromises you can live with, price, etc. My XR2001 has a great holeshot, but it sucks at fishing, carrying passengers or pulling skiers.....Of course there was that time I got desperate and fished smallmouths out of her....LOL

Jr in Jax

Yellowallison got a real deal on a GSE a couple of days ago here in Jax. The guy who owned it was an idiot.....