XB-2003 Skidplate

Bob Ant

Dave,

My suggestion to you is to get hold of Bill at Allison and ask him. If he doesn't know, he'll talk to Darris. When I started ,I sent pictures to Bill and he showed them to Darris and then I proceded forward with their advise..

By the way, It has absolutely stopped all water coming over the back of my xb-2003 no matter how fast I shut down.

Bob A.

NCLakeman

Hi Bob,
If you don't mind sending me a set of the templates I would love to try them.
Richard Botts
2469 Bailey Court
Creedmoor, NC 27522

Also have you done any mods to your lip on the pad?

Thanks,
Richard

jpxb2003

Hey Bob or anybody that has made the brackets. Where did you get your aluminum and how much did it cost? I think I want to give it a shot on my 2003, but I dont want to buy a whole sheet of aluminum. Ive got someone to make the brackets but they only have stainless steel and Im trying to avoid getting that heavy.

Bob Ant

Richard,

No mods done to the bottom of pad except the chunk I took out crappy fishing when I bumped a rock--was not running at time--only floating around in too shallow of water . Had a small chip right on the edge but filled it in myself .

Will send pattern out Monday.

Bob Ant

Xp,

I was lucky enough to be able to get it done at no charge. I know the marine grade aluminum was expensive but I not sure what it cost. Sometimes you get lucky. :)

Thru my work I do a lot of work with a local machine shop and they were nice enough to take care of it.

I'll probably blow the engine the next time out when I really twist it.

Bob A,

Paul nichols

''I'll probably blow the engine the next time out when I really twist it.''

Bob, You warranty just expired yesterday so don't twist it too tight...LOL

Paul

Bob Ant

Bob, You warranty just expired yesterday so don't twist it too tight...LOL

Paul

Wow== I didn't know you were giving me a warranty. I always speak so highly of you--What a guy!! As Pinkie always says-" Let's drag baby"

I guess it pays dividends not to take any cheap shots at you just because you decided to turn your boat around on a dime at 90 plus MPH. Not to mention that you allso went skydiving and swimming in the same fun outing. What a party animal!!!

Sorry , I just can't help myself now that I know your OK--it was killing me. I feel better now.

Thanks for fixing my melted chunk of metal . I really am glad you're doing better.

Paul, you'll get even ,I own a HI-PO Merc--it's not if , but when.

Keep smiling. One more thing. You didn't sign up for the Ally Rally yet==What's up with that? you got the HOT-ROD boat now--no excuses.

repeat customer,
Bob A. ( Are you offering credit terms these days?)

dspencer

Will this plate affect the rough water characteristics? I have a 2003 and am interested in it but I bass fish. If it makes it harder to keep the nose up in big water I would have to pass.

fishnfireman

Very good question David.

I took the Allison foil off my 2003 for that very reason.

I will say this...on my present rig--- 21 Prosport... it has the skid-planer. With the 225 Promax and a Trophy prop it was amazing how well you could keep the nose up when in BIG waves..

However my friend has the same boat with a 250 XS and it does not do as good a job. We are not sure why...first guess is the added mtr wt.

Now that I have the 300 XS mounted, it will be interesting to see if my rig does as good ???

NCLakeman

Hi Bob,
I got the template today thanks very much. I will play with it in the morning and post how it fits.

NCLakeman

I am going to have to trim a little off the mounting piece where you would bolt it to the jackplate. I would think a 98 XB2003 the jackplates would be the same? Thanks again Bob for the template. Unless I am not putting it on the correct part of the jackplate. Could a picture be posted of where it is bolted to jackplate?

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited: