XB2003 top speeds

GPI Racing

Picture perfect Chad...

Nice running attitude and nice pictures.

Ironic how even though the top picture has a little more wetted area, it's slightly faster. Your pics say a thousand words.

Randy

wj225

How fast.....

Chad,
What speed were you running when the pictures were taken?

Bill

J

John Richied

Running flatter... how much wetted surface should be in the water… this guy runs flat with NO wetted surface… :p

However if he doesn’t get those props in the water soon, he is going to lose his forward thrust… :wink:

chad202

These were taken this summer. The top pic is just under 93mph and the bottom is 92mph.

J

John Richied

An XB-03 with the trolling motor and all running a lil 225 @ 92-93 mph is pretty darn good if ya ask me. I’d say that not too many XB-03’s run that fast set up to fish with a 225.

wj225

Little 225...

John,
My 225 is setup almost exactly like yours except I have a PCU instead of a Rapair modified ECU. I don't know what that translates into as far as horsepower. I can run 95 with a 30" Jacos chopper, but it is scary to drive. I think its got another mile or two in it, but unless I can do something about the nose dropping I won't be able to go any faster.

Bill

chad202

Remember guys, this is with full fuel, water in livewell, spare prop, all tackle in the front deck, in 95+ deg air temp and 90 deg water temp. Best that day was 93.1 and this was only in a little 1/2 mile stretch. I really think this setup would've run 95+ with same load in the winter. It's all a wash now cause there's a 260 under the cowl now.

Scott, you wish you could've run that with that load and conditions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J

John Richied

92-95 with and XB-2003/225 is getting’ it for sure with a fishin load!

Bill our 225’s were the same or close as far as mods. I don’t know how an XB-03 would react to less setback but on my XB-02 moving the setback up was good for a few m.p.h. With an extra passenger (two in the boat) I think I gained more stern lift… that equated to caring the whole boat, not just lifting the bow and the boat ran flatter. When you have too much setback for your application I think what happens is when you trim up to fly, the boat runs great until it starts running out of horsepower on the topend, then without the forward thrust the bow drops. What I’m guessing is your prop is loosing its bite on the topend due to the boat having to be trimmed so high to fly. You could run the propshaft a tad lower and this will probably stop the bow from dropping, but that will probably scrub of top speed… or you could move the setback in and give that a try at the same prop height you are running.

wj225

Thanks, John.

John,
I appreciate the insight! I bought the boat without power and the jackplate was all the way in. I moved the plate all the way out when I installed the engine and have never touched it. I will move it in and give it a try. It will be interesting to see if it looses its ability to carry a load.

Bill